.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Hi Gunter,

Hope it didn't come across like I was trying to belittle your effort - as I greatly appreciate all you've done on the WWII front... Just trying to pass along what I've discovered... You have to be careful how you list multiple factions on the Military Commander module to get it to work right - with quotes and such - not in front of me - just what I recall... I don't think the syntax for multiple entries is uniform throughout the mod...Looking forward to whatever you produce...

Regards,
Scott 

Gunter,

If you'd like a crash course in all things ALiVE, hit me up on Steam (my username is AuburnAlumni).  I'd be happy to go over any questions you might have and show you examples of how to create different things within a campaign/mission as well.  I love the mod and believe it's the single best addition to the ARMA community re: it's ability to create a living, persistent, dynamic battlefield with very little effort on the mission makers part.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Gunter,

Hope it didn't come across like I was trying to belittle your effort - as I greatly appreciate all you've done on the WWII front... Just trying to pass along what I've discovered... You have to be careful how you list multiple factions on the Military Commander module to get it to work right - with quotes and such - not in front of me - just what I recall... I don't think the syntax for multiple entries is uniform throughout the mod...Looking forward to whatever you produce...

Regards,
Scott 

Multiple entries for faction override will always be separated by a comma, no spaces and no quotes. Example:

BLU_F,BLU_T_F

@Gunter Severloh You are on the right track, buddy. All in all, having all assets you need in one single faction, included directly in IFA, will be best in the long run. Keep up the good work man.

• Like 1

Great stuff on that new blog.  Great to see pertlach and his CSA38 crew sharing assets.  Both are great mods.

I had a bug I've seen that may or may not have been mentioned.   IFA3 aircraft, when placed prior to a mission or with Zeus...tend to bounce...causing most of them to flip and crash once placed.

This is consistent on both Vanilla and IFA3 maps and with all IFA3 aircraft

• Like 3

@autigergrad: can confirm this at least for the german aircraft.  I have built a mission with pre-placed russian and german aircraft and the german ones showed the flipping you described in large percentages of the placed planes whereas for the russian planes it happended extremely seldom.  Within the whole lot of placed the german planes, the junkers/stuka was much more likely to flip than the the focke wulff 109. 

• Like 1

Credit to Swurvin for this very, very pretty cinematic!

• Like 14

Moderation is always appreciated, however it would have been intriguing to hear a reply....

Just curious, is @alduric part of the iFA3 Dev Team?

no he is not

• Like 2

There is a line between a legitimate historical interest lived out in gaming on one side and a purposeful identification with genocidal mass murderers of any kind on the other side of that line.  If you do actually plan on building a holocaust mod AND -what I cannot know ATTOW here- if you do indeed sympathize with the Nazis and if you want to play as a KZ Lagerleiter or Waffen SS Wachmann in your private holocaust mod because you believe it were in any way justifyable to kill millions of Jews, then this is sick and sad and obviously far beyond the line.  You can do that in private on your own PC, if you really need this to feel yourself "immersed" or being "an unbiased reenactor" or whatever you get from roleplaying like that, but you can't expect to find very much positive feedback when publishing such "artwork" with the intention to offer others the opportunity to roleplay as genocidal mass murderers.   

• Like 2

Maybe leave the topic be? Place has already been cleaned up once over it. Nothing good will come from delving into it again.

• Like 4

@Evil Organ No response is necessary to a patently offensive post ( not yours ) lest it devolve into the flame-baiting that "post-hiding" is intended to prevent. 

Just a reminder to all, this thread is Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions let us not detract from the hard work of its creators and modders. 

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
clarification
  • Like 5

To bring things back in the right direction.

Looking forward to the Blitzkrieg update, really nice to see some field craft going on with the foliage on the helmets. I love seeing long lists of uniforms and variety, it makes each soldier unique, but still uniform......made sense a bit more in my head, but hopefully someone understood my point :smileee:

• Like 6

Quick question,

Re: the upcoming Dunkirk map...what's the size of the map? 10x10?

On 1. 9. 2017 at 5:36 PM, Zhivets said:

Coming soon.

B8E9GAx.jpg

BuoLgGQ.jpg

Thanks, all people wait.

Good evening, let me share with you tonight a new trailer by Swurvin !

And a devblog related to what you will discover in his video.

• Like 10

Hi!

I know, that incoming will be focused on german units, but can we expect one a little thing? I mean winter coat for US units which was some updates ago in IFA3.

I ask because some weeks ago i prepared scenario based on Foy assalut form Band of Brothers but next updates removes winter coat which is on the picture bellow:

cU4oQs1.jpg

Regards,
Maras

• Like 1