.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

For anyone looking for a persistent WW2 campaign, I created a campaign on Neaville.  We've had a blast with it the last week on our own dedi.  Uses IFA3, Faces of War, GEIST, and IFA Liberation.  Really impressed with the amount of WW2 assets available now in ARMA.  Great job to all the modders.

Mission link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104620518

Hi Folks,

Hah - MAN - this is GOOD - highly recommend it to anyone that hast tried it... Thanks to everyone who's contributed... Also using C2 to order my troops around...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rest is Key

zKCLgWw.jpg

Please note, units used in this are NOT IFA, they are from FOW. 

• Like 8

Hello folks!

Just want to inform your about @majorboggies project called "War Is Hell".

Influenced by Band of Brothers, Brothers in Arms, old Call of Duty games and other sources he has come up with a 7 mission campaign that will take you through eyes of three different soldiers from three different units. Currenty we are doing some finishing touches on first/second mission, depends how you look at it, and working on third and fourth mission. At this point campaign will only be focused on the story so don't expect COOP/MP version in the first release.

Contents:  

• Custom voices and sounds
  • AI can revive eachother
  • Ambient battles
  • Interacton with other soldiers in scenario
  • etc.

First or "Tutorial" mission will get you into the game by guiding you through British training camp and get you known with WW2 weapons and vehicles. Tutorial mission will be released in the near future for the public and rest of the campaign will be released as whole.

Video cut from "Operation Neptune" mission that is still WIP (Ps got some issuses while recording so flak sounds are not heard, will be updated in playable version.)

• Like 12

Whats the best way to have Germans in the mg bunkers shooting at Allies as the run up the beach on the Omaha map. i would like it so they are constantly shooting. I tried the static MGs but they just fall down so is there a way to do it with the infantry MGs?

I'm playing happily in M4A3 medium tank.
But isn't it possible to turn off the gun stabilizer of M4A3?
I'd like to do this.

And HE shell of M4A3 (75mm) is named M42A1 in game.
Isn't this a mistake naming of M48?

On 8/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, fwedman said:

Whats the best way to have Germans in the mg bunkers shooting at Allies as the run up the beach on the Omaha map. i would like it so they are constantly shooting. I tried the static MGs but they just fall down so is there a way to do it with the infantry MGs?

Increase their courage, disable going prone, disable suppression

• Like 2

On 8/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, fwedman said:

You can take a look at my mission and see how I did it. Just download a PBO opener. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940922712

Greetings,

I  subscribed to this mod in the Steam Workshop today and looking at the readme file it is V22. Here the download is V27. Am I  running and older version of the mod from the Steam Workshop? BTW, from what I saw and played today the mod is incredible! Brilliant work and thank you.

• Like 1

so when using a custom mission the 101st and 82nd dont pop up as a faction and the dutch afrika corp pop up as independent is that a mod problem or mission problem?

also the m3 half-track doesn't drive in a straight line it curves to the left like some the american tanks.

3 hours ago, gangman18 said:

so when using a custom mission the 101st and 82nd dont pop up as a faction and the dutch afrika corp pop up as independent is that a mod problem or mission problem?

also the m3 half-track doesn't drive in a straight line it curves to the left like some the american tanks.

1. Is this in the editor or zeus? Where dont they pop up?

2. The tanks and halftracks are know issues

I think he is talking about Dynamic Recon Ops. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

1. Is this in the editor or zeus? Where dont they pop up?

2. The tanks and halftracks are know issues

for the custom missions i mean mcc,alive or DRC or DRO they dont pop up and the afrika are seen as green and on some of them the 101st and 82nd dont pop up and if they do only the 101st pop up and not the 82nd.

I've been trying to get IFA3 to run on my server and it starts and then stops. The RPT always indicates different files in /addons/ww2/... as the culprit. File size expected A... file size found B... Strange because I'm using the Steam Workshop content that works perfectly on my client PC for the server. I am running the required mods on both the client and server.

@Snakeyes1

Please join our discord to get support.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gangman18 said:

for the custom missions i mean mcc,alive or DRC or DRO they dont pop up and the afrika are seen as green and on some of them the 101st and 82nd dont pop up and if they do only the 101st pop up and not the 82nd.

I cant imagine thats a mod issue, rather than the mission youre doing, 

I can use MCC alot, and have no issues spawning units in, however the other stuff you mentioned sounds mission based, 

Perhaps Alive doesn't support IFA3 yet, unsure 

16 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Perhaps Alive doesn't support IFA3 yet, unsure 

Speaking of ALive, It is supported but there is an issue with tanks, here is a list of the supported factions: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

Thing is with ALIVE and IFA3, for the infantry it works fine, but with tanks, and vehicles, you will need to use the Orbat tool and create a new IFA3 faction where all the classnames

(infantry, tanks, planes, vehicles, ect,.) everything is in one list, and not separate as you see in the editor, then with the tool, you'll need to create groups for every separate faction you see in the normal IFA3.

After doing this you can expect to see the squads of tanks, vehicles, motorized, mechanized, ect,. in your missions.

So in the Orbat tool --->http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

you 1st create your new faction (do it from scratch, do not copy the existing one as 3/4 of the assets wont show rendered which they do the same ingame),

then you move all units from every faction to that faction, then you create groups.

From there you export the full faction to a config, and then do the same with cfgpatches, you can add the new faction to a description.exe for a mission or create a mod from it.

Doing all this will take you about 2hrs for the faction alone, another 2hrs for the groups and about 5min for the export and pbo, unless you go the mission's Des route.

I plan to record a video tutorial sometime idk when atm, on how to use it, the existing ones i find are rushed and not through nor specially step by step.

I have the German Army and Red Army factions done and in a mod, this is excluding Dak, and winter, and same for the Russians, i havent done the other factions yet.

But if you want the mod i put together i can link it if you want to see for yourself, I have a mission for Alive, a few of them actually where one of them is a full out war.

• Like 5

Hi Gunter,

Are you sure about the tanks thing with ALiVE ??? I've worked pretty heavily with IFA3/ALiVE and used the tanks/mechanized/motorized units - you just need to use their faction name from the ALiVE wiki - no ??? You can use more than one faction per side and I've had plenty of tanks running around on custom ALiVE missions with infantry (I'll gladly post if desired - nothing fancy - just sandbox stuff)... I've been thoroughly enjoying that mission posted above by @autigergrad  - and it has tanks as well... The physics of the tanks seem a little bit off as they sometimes zip around like a swarm of bees - so fast they roll over on occasion - but they are present... Granted ORBAT gives you the ability to customize your faction to your hearts content...

Regards,
Scott

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Speaking of ALive, It is supported but there is an issue with tanks, here is a list of the supported factions: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

Thing is with ALIVE and IFA3, for the infantry it works fine, but with tanks, and vehicles, you will need to use the Orbat tool and create a new IFA3 faction where all the classnames

(infantry, tanks, planes, vehicles, ect,.) everything is in one list, and not separate as you see in the editor, then with the tool, you'll need to create groups for every separate faction you see in the normal IFA3.

After doing this you can expect to see the squads of tanks, vehicles, motorized, mechanized, ect,. in your missions.

So in the Orbat tool --->http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

you 1st create your new faction (do it from scratch, do not copy the existing one as 3/4 of the assets wont show rendered which they do the same ingame),

then you move all units from every faction to that faction, then you create groups.

From there you export the full faction to a config, and then do the same with cfgpatches, you can add the new faction to a description.exe for a mission or create a mod from it.

Doing all this will take you about 2hrs for the faction alone, another 2hrs for the groups and about 5min for the export and pbo, unless you go the mission's Des route.

I plan to record a video tutorial sometime idk when atm, on how to use it, the existing ones i find are rushed and not through nor specially step by step.

I have the German Army and Red Army factions done and in a mod, this is excluding Dak, and winter, and same for the Russians, i havent done the other factions yet.

But if you want the mod i put together i can link it if you want to see for yourself, I have a mission for Alive, a few of them actually where one of them is a full out war.

I use ALiVE extensively,

The default IFA factions work fine, as do the tanks and mechanized.

I have a mission on steam currently using all of these with no issues.

In order to utilize them...you'll need to use multiple factions in the Military AI Commander module (LIB_WEHRMACHT, LIB_PANZERWAFFE). 

2 different ways to go about this....

1. Place the Wehrmacht Faction in the CIV Objective module, Place the Panzerwaffe Faction in the MIL Objective module (or vice versa) and then place both faction names in the Military AI Commander module.  Tanks, Infantry, Halftracks, etc. will all spawn just fine.

2. Choose one faction (Either Infantry or Panzer) and place that faction name in both MIL and CIV Objective modules.  Then manually place units of the other faction on the map and sync those manually placed units to the ALIVE Virtual AI module.  Put the faction names of both in the Military AI Commander module as done in #1.  Again...both tanks and infantry will spawn fine.

***NOTE**** The next ALiVE update will include IFA3 specific vehicles for logistics as well.  I added all IFA3 factions into the static data so ambient vehicles, supply boxes, and transport trucks will be the correct ones from the IFA3 faction

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand......  (shameless plug here!)

Speaking of ORBAT...

I am in the process of creating several WW2 faction configs combining the "best bits" of all of the wonderful WW2 mods out there now.  IFA3, IFA3 Liberation, Faces of War, and CSA 38.  I'm currently working on Early/Mid/Late War Wehrmacht factions with appropriate weapons/vehicles/tanks for each.  I also plan on doing a British faction with Cromwell Tanks, Sherman Fireflys, etc., An Expanded Afrika Korps faction, and several others.  I will post these on the forums an steam of course.

I have already completed my first ORBAT WW2 config which represents a 1942 era Wehrmacht.  This is used in my next ALiVE IFA3 campaign that I will be posting in my workshop.

Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116469221

Keep up the great work IFA3 team!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Are you sure about the tanks thing with ALiVE ??? you just need to use their faction name from the ALiVE wiki - no ???

Yes, and thats what we did but it didn't work.

Last month a friend and myself were building an alive mission for our unit, he's mainly our mission maker, so we spent 2 weeks on this mission, probably more now, to get it setup as a live war.

We were initially having issues because we were running ace, MCC, found ace to be an issue and yes we were using the compat file too, and then had issues with the server and found MCC to be the cause,

but i think it was a matter of a learning process as we tried to create the same mission as we did last year.

We were working with SavageCDN through pm and explained to him everything, this is what i asked as he explained to us what we needed to do to setup a war where the enemy occupied.

Gunter Severloh said

How come in alive with IFA3 we dont see tanks, and when we do its very rare. We dont see enough vehicles, AT weapons, static weapons, and tanks, like hardly any tanks at all,

do you know how to get more tanks for IFA3 Lite?

Most I (Gunter) ever see is random vehicles, and havent seen a tank yet, we added DAC but that made the mission slower (FPS loss), most i ever see is infantry squads standing around in the open,

i see roadblocks np, transport trucks, ambulance trucks, but nothing is really a threat when we play, is there something within the module we can adjust or something we can do to improve this?

SavageCDN said

Hi Gunter,

It's probably because armor is defined in it's own faction (same issue arises with RHS) rather than part of a faction that includes infantry/vehicles.  IFA is setup the same way

(LIB_WEHRMACHT has infantry and vehicles while LIB_PANZERWAFFE has the armor).

Ok after that and in the same message he said we can create our own faction using the Orbat tool, so we did that, doing that we started seeing the tanks, and everything we wanted.

So for us it was a learning process with Alive, i dont know how to build an alive mission, i got an idea but my buddy was doing it and i was passing the messages back and forth, and built

the new faction which did the trick for us.

Maybe i can get my buddy on here and he can explain what he was dealing with as i cant remember now, it was last month, he did all the editing for the mission,

if we knew you two guys knew about Alive, we would have contacted you but, now we know.