.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

16 hours ago, p-hienz said:

Why do you guys keep ruining these awesome textures when you port them into the game? I've seen reskins of these models with higher rez skins, they look amazing compared to the vanilla IFA3 skins. The FOW models are better as well.

There's always the one retard.

• Like 7

On 28/07/2017 at 7:52 AM, p-hienz said:

Why do you guys keep ruining these awesome textures when you port them into the game? I've seen reskins of these models with higher rez skins, they look amazing compared to the vanilla IFA3 skins. The FOW models are better as well.

Its the "Lite" version, which means low quality textures, and considering its totally free for EVERYONE, you really dont have a leg to stand on.

Personally i find this very rude, the amount of time and effort that has gone into the work here is incredible, everyone here is taking time out of their personal lives to make the best WW2 mod we can, and we do this because we are passionate, so please refrain from the down right rude posts 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Its the "Lite" version, which means low quality textures, and considering its totally free for EVERYONE, you really dont have a leg to stand on.

Personally i find this very rude, the amount of time and effort that has gone into the work here is incredible, everyone here is taking time out of their personal lives to make the best WW2 mod we can, and we do this because we are passionate, so please refrain from the down right rude posts 

Definitely! The mod is great. All the effort put into it is much appreciated, too.

The legal reasons behind bringing the original content with reduced textures only is also understood.

But:

It was not clear to me, that the same policy is applied to all the new content, too. In particular for objects ported from I44. :dontgetit:

I'm totally willing to buy the full mod, if it will be published and maintained as a DLC for A3.

(I would hesitate a bit, if it would be made stand-alone like the A2 version though, because this would decouple it from the A3 maintenance.)

Best regards and keep going everybody!

• Like 1

Sorry for the bother, but I´m bit confused so asking for clarification. I understand all about the low quality textures for the "LITE" version and that´s ok since it´s free etc.

But I would like to support for the full game and wish to buy it, not just for the full textures but to support the makers. I tried to search his thread and elsewhere but didn´t 
find any links for the full Iron Front version, but is this in steam the one to buy, right? Will it include the new units as free dlc or need I buy those separately in future? No problem if so, I will buy anyway to get all the great work :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/Iron_Front_Digital_War_Edition/

@Romboom033 I would refrain from purchasing that. It's a standalone game that was released years ago and is based on Arma 2. It doesn't have the new content that has been added by the IFA3 lite team. I believe that a small number of people still play it but it is essentially dead. 

Ok thanks for the head up. Pls where can I buy the IFA3 with full textures etc then? I can´t find it anywhere silly me :dontgetit:

@Romboom033 If I remember correctly, only the dev team has access to the hi-res textures at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Romboom033 said:

Ok thanks for the head up. Pls where can I buy the IFA3 with full textures etc then? I can´t find it anywhere silly me :dontgetit:

It has not been published yet.

You know, I've never really understood the need for high rez uniforms.  To me the key thing is functionality of troops/vehicles/aicraft.  I tend to NOT spend ages looking at enemy uniforms, rather focussing instead on killing the people wearing them!

For those obsessed with uniforms - does it REALLY make a difference to your experience ?

PS Bought Iron Front when it came out.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, kremator said:

You know, I've never really understood the need for high rez uniforms.  To me the key thing is functionality of troops/vehicles/aicraft.  I tend to NOT spend ages looking at enemy uniforms, rather focussing instead on killing the people wearing them!

For those obsessed with uniforms - does it REALLY make a difference to your experience ?

PS Bought Iron Front when it came out.

I think its more immersion. A low res uniform can potentially take away from the immersion a little bit by, 'not looking legit', so to say. Its hard to explain, but I think I'm saying it pretty badly. Like a tank for example, you know its a tank, but the blurry 512x512 might take away a bit of the 'immersion' because it doesn't really look like camo like a high res version would, if that makes sense? I know what I'm trying to say but can't really type it for some reason.  

People are usually fine with lower res uniforms, but people will always accept higher res ones. 

• Like 1

If it came down to picking something, I would much prefer weapons to be upgraded- Its right in front of you all the time you are playing, particularly when aiming and firing- something you do a lot when you have (compared to modern day) low capacity bolt action weapons that require accurate fire or are using SMG's at longer distances.

While uniforms would be nice it's usually possible to ID based on the uniform color- Maybe an improvement to the sleeves or making the camos less muddy could be nice, but I think weapons and functions should take priority.

Vehicles, I think they have done a good job with all the HUD instrumentation and the more interesting vision slits compared to the standard black boxes, and as a vehicle crewman you usually are not looking at the outside of the vehicle unless turned out, and unlike with the unfantry it's much much easier to PID (identify) vehicles due to the radically different shapes and armaments. 

• Like 1

On 29.7.2017 at 5:01 PM, oldy41 said:

that the same policy is applied to all the new content, too. In particular for objects ported from I44

All I44 content is HQ/source quality.So is all other third party content (Raunhofer, Jones and a few more).

In regards to new assets it depends on the author. Sark and Ardennes are HQ too for example.

The IF terrain ground textures, the UI and most interface textures are also HQ.

At the end of the day 512x512 are way better than the initial 128x128 (which OA DLCs used too), or no IF assets in A3 at all.

The requirement from the AWAR owner is: A paid version is necessary for the HQ textures and the playable content.

• Like 2

WdgxSLz.gif

Looking cool  in  Montherme  

(even at 512 x 512 )

:wink_o:

• Like 13

I had two questions, the first being is there a script for the AI to static line drop with the similar move to door functions, etc?

And secondly I'm also in a similar confusion regarding the higher res textures. After watching through a few dev-blogs I've noticed (especially in Airborne update vlog #1) that it is stated he is running the "full version" and that was in January. The support for IFA3 Full stopped in 2016 right? Some of the new made models such as the M1A1 Para-carbine are higher res in the showcase videos but are those then compressed down to the 512x512 textures to match the rest upon release?

No disrespect is intended, I've just been confused for quite some time. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I must be playing a different game than everybody else here. The game I play has so much gunfire and explosions that I don't have time to breath, let alone count how many pixels make up my shirt sleeve. Is there a mission that all you do is hang around the base and hand out clothes or something? Maybe that would be more relaxing when I'm trying to drink my cosmopolitan.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, khaosmatical said:

I had two questions, the first being is there a script for the AI to static line drop with the similar move to door functions, etc?

And secondly I'm also in a similar confusion regarding the higher res textures. After watching through a few dev-blogs I've noticed (especially in Airborne update vlog #1) that it is stated he is running the "full version" and that was in January. The support for IFA3 Full stopped in 2016 right? Some of the new made models such as the M1A1 Para-carbine are higher res in the showcase videos but are those then compressed down to the 512x512 textures to match the rest upon release?

No disrespect is intended, I've just been confused for quite some time. Thanks in advance.

Check my post about static line one or two pages back.

Same thing about textures. There is an explaination for it at least every 10 pages.

• Like 1

@khaosmatical two posts above yours

The next update will also have the functions documented as part of cfgFunctions/function viewer.

Teaser and terrain by [No. 4 CDO] swurvin

• Like 13

6 hours ago, .kju said:

That's really nice man! I did some Dunkirk screenshots not so long ago, in a secluded spot near Omaha. Good to see that a whole new terrain is coming!

2EE3441D64EE2EF159CE9B2B8C70D269F5EE9C37
57542450B0464C0B7A29E216FE36D7C2B1FD32BA

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

Re: Dunkirk

Above and beyond the call of duty...

:f:

Regards,
Scott

What am I missing.....trying to play some Iron Front and have Subscribed to the necessary Steam Content, however, when I activate Arma 3 I see NO Iron Front Content at all.

I have Subscribed to Iron Front Lite

I have Subscribed to CUP_Core

I have Subscribed to Iron Front Terrains Pack

I have Subscribed to WW2 Buildings

Do I need anything else and where do I see/find the content so I can play?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanx

Edited by reaper lok
typo

You need to click the MOD screen and make sure your subscribed mods are loaded when you start the game... Or - download ArmA3Sync - it's a launcher that in my humble opinion makes it much easier to manage your mods...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, scottb613 said:

You need to click the MOD screen and make sure your subscribed mods are loaded when you start the game... Or - download ArmA3Sync - it's a launcher that in my humble opinion makes it much easier to manage your mods...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanx Scott.

I am pretty familiar with running mods with Arma 3 however, I do not see any of my subscibed mods from STEAM WORKSHOP at all....hmmmm