.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

So excited for the Airborne update! Will the C-47 have a "paradrop infantry" waypoint much like the RHS C130?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, .kju said:

BI broke car simulation with 64b exe. When there is some PhysX interaction with APCs/halftracks the game crashes. Sadly BI doesnt care to fix it.

Hmm, ok, that explains some of the crashes I encountered earlier.

But the deterministic crashes directly at mission start occur without any haltracks in the mission. So there must be other problems lurking somewhere.

I will post some crash reports to the feedback tracker.

• Like 1

@scimitar:

try MCC for SP missions.  It may be designed primarily for MP, but works very well in SP. You can either let MCC create missions for you or build them yourself with traditional editing methods and use MCC to populate the AO with random enemy patrols.  You then "load" the MCC data you have saved as code into your SP or MP mission after having started it regularly.  In SP, your achievements and the enemy numerical strenght/position/health/ammo can be saved with standard BIS savegame system. Also MCC has a proprietary survival/primary needs system and medical system that can be injected with a few mouseclicks into ANY mission.   The units the MCC controls can be pre-placed by you or dynamically spawned in the MCC zones you have created.  These soldiers don't have modern equipment if you tell MCC to spawn IFA3 factions; MCC recognizes mod factions and spawns them only with the mod's gear.  The big plus with MCC is that you can enjoy all of it's features simply by using a point+click GUI even if you know nothing about scripting.  Once you load that GUI in SP or as player in MP, you can freely change the situation: command any unit on your side in High Command mode, call CAS/Bomber supports for your side, artillery strikes even if there are no assets pre-placed on the map...  whatever suits your idea of the mission! Just head over to the thread and read what you can do with that great mission making tool: 

Alternatively if you have access to a strong PC or a rented dedi server, you can build missions with ALiVE which allows you to save your progress via the WarRoom persistent MP save system.  You can ATTOW not use the IFA3/I44 maps for ALiVE mission making, but once they are indexed, you will soon have (on top of the already existing possibility to play on CUP maps) the assets to build large WW2 battles on the great terrains of IFA3_AIO with thousands of soldiers on each side - and there's the strenght of ALiVE; it's much more suitable than MCC for letting unfold really large military operations with complex strategies employed by the AI commanders on your side and the enemy's side while maintaining good performance due to the setup with the dedicated server saving.   Also ALiVE only spawns units with appropriate faction equipment.  ALiVE has it's own automatic task generating system that you can use to give you dynamic tasks and become a little cogwheel in the steaming thundering meat-grinding war machine of your chosen side - but on top of that you can become the commander of any unit your factions/sides forces and use them via an order and waypoint system for your operations while the AI commander pursues other tactical objectives with another part of your troops.  ALiVE offers a more fluid gameplay since it automizes a lot of the military actions of all involved sides, be it the strategy, the tactics, the logistics, the attack and defense of objectices and offers a more streamlined GUI for managing it in-game than MCC, but that may be just my personal preference. 

Go check it out:

• Like 3

My own mission i created, Eagerly Anticipating the Airborne update!. (Apologies for the lag midway caused by the Eject script)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, duderide said:

My goodness! Those are some incredible screen shots. Are you releasing them to the community or are they trade marked?

No , they belong to  anyone.  if you have spotted a good screen saver in there feel free :f:

I upload pics to the forum in the hope it may give a quick insight to  newcomers to WW2 (and the forum)  what is available  to them etc. should they download the mods .

cheers

• Like 2

@tourist

Thanks for the response and the suggestions. I'll give MCC a look as it sounds interesting. I would like to try ALIVE but unfortunately, I've tried several times and haven't been able to get it working yet. For some reason, I can never get my PC to show up as a server. I'm computer literate and I've tried several different tutorials but without any luck so far. I think it may be an issue with port forwarding, so I'll most likely give it another try but not anytime real soon as it's a bit time consuming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomolyons said:

My own mission i created, Eagerly Anticipating the Airborne update!. (Apologies for the lag midway caused by the Eject script)

Bruh, teach me. That looks legit as fuck

• Like 2

So much love is coming in the next hours/weeks. May you enjoy some more teasing !

• Like 21

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, tomolyons said:

What script did you use for your flak fire?  It sounds fantastic.

• Like 1

Preview v20 is out

Download

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

This is mainly a maintainance update but also an unplanned surprise from our audio designers. :hyper:

Highlights

• Added: new infantry weapon sound framework by Megagoth1702, LAxemann and alex_fncypnts!
  • Added: PhysX simulation halftracks (fixes also the crash from collision with another PhysX object) thanks to Shvetz, El Tyranos, as well as some advice by RedPhoenix and reyhard!
  • Fixed: groups to work again in ZEUS (assigned side to individual groups as workaround - BI fix it! ).

New infantry weapon sounds demonstrations by alex_fncypnts

New infantry weapon sounds detailed demonstration by Petyr Baelish

New soundscape teasers by LAxemann

New soundscape teaser by stabcon

PhysX halftrack teaser by stabcon

Much thanks to Gunther.S for further gameplay improvement contributions and to our new team members

Jaki and Mr_Harding for the active assistance with testing as well Schweinyy and JK from our testing team!

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

If you want to help out, we are still recruiting (most importantly model artists to polish and modify existing assets) :dummy:

• Like 22

If you, your friends or unit/team are looking for opportunity to play IFA3/WW2 in Arma 3, make sure to check out Frontline.

It is teamplay and tactical focused PvP on weekends very similar to BF2:PR/Squad and based on the experience from TacBF/PRA2.

Every Saturday or Sunday at 1800GMT/UTC.

HowTo:

https://gitpitch.com/5sigmapoint2/Frontline-howto

Server stats:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/31.210.129.135:2402/

Just gave everything a quick once over in Arsenal , WOW!! . Well done IFA3 team! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .kju said:

Preview v20 is out

Download

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

This is mainly a maintainance update but also an unplanned surprise from our audio designers. :hyper:

Highlights

• Added: new infantry weapon sound framework by Megagoth1702, LAxemann and alex_fncypnts!
  • Added: PhysX simulation halftracks (fixes also the crash from collision with another PhysX object) thanks to Shvetz, El Tyranos, as well as some advice by RedPhoenix and reyhard!
  • Fixed: groups to work again in ZEUS (assigned side to individual groups as workaround - BI fix it! ).

New US infantry weapon sounds demonstration by alex_fncypnts

New infantry weapon sounds detailed demonstration by Petyr Baelish

New soundscape teaser by LAxemann

New soundscape teaser by stabcon

PhysX halftrack teaser by stabcon

Much thanks to Gunther.S for further gameplay improvement contributions and to our new team members

Jaki and Mr_Harding for the active assistance with testing as well Schweinyy and JK from our testing team!

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

If you want to help out, we are still recruiting (most importantly model artists to polish and modify existing assets) :dummy:

Exellent work. This mod has really come a long way; thank you IFA3Lite team! Btw, Kju, I sent you a few messages in Discord.

• Like 2

the new sounds are a milestone

and now we need dynamic battle screams ,like RUG_DSAI for axis and allies ! hell :slayer:

• Like 2

Airborne troops are looking great :eyeheart: , well done guys cant wait to play.

iv'e noticed that the machineguns on tanks has no sound, and all weapons has automatic zoom when im aiming .

36 minutes ago, stephsen said:

iv'e noticed that the machineguns on tanks has no sound, and all weapons has automatic zoom when im aiming .

Idk about the tanks, but for the automatic zoom for all infantry weapons, are you using my IFA3WarMod as I have that in the mod,

if you dont like that feature then remove:

iszoom_if.pbo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephsen said:

What tanks? I haven't experienced anything similar

I apologize for even bringing this up again, but I'm having some issues and just want to be clear for the fifth time...

If I'm running   @IFA3_AIO_LITE   that is on the steam workshop; should the only other mod running be CUP Terrains - Core?

ie, I shouldn't be running  @I44_Objects, @I44_Terrains, @IFA3_Objects_LITE, @IFA3_Terrains_LITE  because they are already included in @IFA3_AIO_LITE ?  Or should I still be running them also?

Fire

Just now, FireWalker said:

I apologize for even bringing this up again, but I'm having some issues and just want to be clear for the fifth time...

If I'm running   @IFA3_AIO_LITE   that is on the steam workshop; should the only other mod running be CUP Terrains - Core?

ie, I shouldn't be running  @I44_Objects, @I44_Terrains, @IFA3_Objects_LITE, @IFA3_Terrains_LITE  because they are already included in @IFA3_AIO_LITE ?  Or should I still be running them also?

Fire

AIO = All In One

In other words all you need is - @IFA3_AIO_LITE & @CUP Terrains - Core - and you'll be good to go. 

Only run the modular pack if you dont want the I44 maps for example, to reduce size etc.. etc..

• Like 1