.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

4 hours ago, .kju said:

@duderide thanks for the offer mate :)

best join our discord to organize a voice chat to discuss the details further that way

Hey Kju, if its okay, I'd like to join your team's discord to talk about what I said early. Also, can you link me your discord because the link at the front page says it is expired.

• Like 1

Hey devs, wanted to ask a simply question... ya see I never got a chance to try I44 and so I don't know what they stock but what kind of AAA did they have and what do you have in WIP for Allied & Axis Flak, the 2cm's are great (and their factional conterparts which I hope get added i.e 20mm Oerlikon & 25mm 72-K) but I want guns with more umph throwing up lead filled HE into the air, like the intermediate calibres i.e. the german 3,7cm & the West's 40mm Bofors (61-k's already in so will ignore it for now).  then moving up to the Heavies we have the QF 3.7-in (94mm) from UK, 90mm M1/M2, 85mm 52-K, and good old 88mm FLAK 36/37.

In short I'm not demanding them be added or asking for release dates :f: but what AA I44 created and will be ported eventully, what's in WIP if any I listed above are not, are they on the table??? Just thought I'd ask since the Wirbelwind is being made...

You guys ROCK!!! Can't wait for the Airborne update!

Edited by Digger James
grammar & forgot to add a line of courtesy

German soldiers advancing into Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge, 1944.

o0mkYom.jpg

Special thanks to lennard for his Waffen SS addon.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Rismarck said:

German soldiers advancing into Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge, 1944.

Another excellent screenshot!

Can I ask what map you are using?

5 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

Another excellent screenshot!

Can I ask what map you are using?

I used Neaville (winter) from I44 Terrain mod and added some environment props.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rismarck said:

I used Neaville (winter) from I44 Terrain mod and added some environment props.

Looks better already haha. Legit though nice image!

• Like 1

Just Asking out out of Intrest after seeing the devblog with the gliders of the british 

Are you Considering to make a Market Garden Styled map at some point or even a map with arnhem 

to make it possible to replay a Bridge to far :D 

Well hope you Guys will have a good Day after reading this

26 minutes ago, Roach2899 said:

Just Asking out out of Intrest after seeing the devblog with the gliders of the british 

Are you Considering to make a Market Garden Styled map at some point or even a map with arnhem 

to make it possible to replay a Bridge to far :D 

Well hope you Guys will have a good Day after reading this

Justin N. is working on a map portraying exactly that. I doubt we'll see it for a long time, however.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

Justin N. is working on a map portraying exactly that. I doubt we'll see it for a long time, however.

ah thanks good to know ^^

I keep getting crashes with code 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when starting some of my own (rather simple) missions with IFA3Lite.

The crashes occur consistently when starting to play the affected missions from Eden. Usually it helps deleteing some units, but after re-adding them the mission is consistently crashing again directly at startup.

Reproducable with both 32 and 64bit dev branch builds for about 2 weeks now.

Does anyone else experience this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldy41 said:

I keep getting crashes with code 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION 

Yeah I've been getting a few times as well. But can't work out what it is as it doesn't happen all the time. 

Did you guys try the latest performance build from Dwarden yet?

if it still crashes, make sure to bombard Dwarden with all crash files :hang:

• Like 2

I know you mentioned in the first post about eventually releasing the MLODs - is this still planned? 

@bravo93 yes of course. however the requirement from AWAR for this is the paid version to be realized

On 14.4.2017 at 7:51 PM, oldy41 said:

I keep getting crashes with code 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when starting some of my own (rather simple) missions with IFA3Lite.

The crashes occur consistently when starting to play the affected missions from Eden. Usually it helps deleteing some units, but after re-adding them the mission is consistently crashing again directly at startup.

Reproducable with both 32 and 64bit dev branch builds for about 2 weeks now.

On 15.4.2017 at 0:10 AM, Unleashthepain said:

Yeah I've been getting a few times as well. But can't work out what it is as it doesn't happen all the time.

i have been getting this aswell. in a mission yesterday we even had a servercrash.

from what i tested so far, it appears to happen when a halftrack (haven't tested all vehicles) drives over a specific kind of groundsurface. it is (more or less) reproduceable 75% of the time.

as i said, so far i tested only the halftrack and also only on merderet river.

BI broke car simulation with 64b exe. When there is some PhysX interaction with APCs/halftracks the game crashes. Sadly BI doesnt care to fix it.

Luckily thanks to Shvetz and El Tyranos we are close to porting them to tankX now (world first for wheeled-tracked combo vehicle AFAIK and obviously BI hasnt any docu on that either).

• Like 3

A bit of Airborne Update teasing. I reminded that usually never post outside of our discord :dozingoff:

wfSWZbC.png 

e668gQE.png

• Like 15

Perhaps I'm missing something but Is there a location where the optional pbo files to hide vanilla content can be downloaded from? I downloaded the most recent AIO version from PWS and the optional files don't seem to be included with the download.

Also, I'm curious to know if there are any SP campaigns (packaged in single pbo campaign format, rather than as several SP missions) or any dynamic campaigns in single mission format, that are currently available or in the works? Thanks for any information provided on these questions. As an owner and fan of the original IF, I'm quite happy to be able to play this in A3 and the IFA3 team has done an awesome job making this possible.

1 hour ago, Madshepherd said:

A7BNO2q.gif

Reveal hidden contents

nCC2baO.gif 0eROtGc.gif ZzR9Van.gif Wyhkfnm.gif ek9jANn.gif44HSGs2.giffwn2l4P.gif ff8ad1T.gif zLScUI8.gif63FN92S.gift3sEZM6.gifU1LnDQ9.gif gQbBvFv.gif S3YzVXK.giftN9WyTo.gifvQjmXO8.gif1fZnFZm.gif

My goodness! Those are some incredible screen shots. Are you releasing them to the community or are they trade marked?

2 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

snip

Is it wrong that the thing I am possibly most excited for in the Airborne Update is that GAZ? Keep up the great work guys!

@scimitar

the optional pbos are to be released separately due to the workshop system not working well with them

for missions try http://www.missionrepository.com/ - IFA needed to be renamed to pbo but may still work OK. missions made for IFA2 and IFA3 have higher chance of working without issues

also check: 

there is also various ports of popular game modes out there

• Like 2

@kju

Thanks for the response. I was reading through the wiki for the mod and saw mention of the optional pbo files but I wasn't aware that they haven't been released yet. I'm curious to know if they will deal with some of the historic anomalies that I'm seeing in some of the missions that I've been playing, such as German and Soviet soldiers with M67 frag grenades in their inventory or is that something that mission makers would have to deal with? Also, are there plans to add small watercraft for river crossings? I looked through this forum thread and other information that I could find and couldn't find any mention of small boats that would fit the time period. I don't know if row boats would even be possible but it would be nice to have something more appropriate than the modern inflatables with outboard motors that I've seen used so far.

Thanks for the mention of SME.Gen. I'm not sure if it will meet my needs but I'll take a look at it. I also notice a version of DUWS for IFA3 Lite, so I'll look into that as well. Thanks again.

• Like 1