.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Holy lord this is amazing news. I can already feel the memories of the 82nd Airborne for Arma 2 coming back to me already, Very keen! 

9 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

Dear fellow soliders, we are very excited and honored to make this announcement:

GuyThomas and canukausiuka from the Invasion 44 team have entrusted us with the legacy of I44 mod project to have their work ported to ArmA 3. This is no longer limted to the terrains but expands to all assets and features created by I44!

After a extensive analysis we have established a list of assets that we consider has being higher priority. Those assets are mostly vehicles that are not already in IFA3, at a higher quality standard, and that complete the gameplay and mission possibilities. Therefore, you will soon be able to utilize new tanks and armoured cars. The first release will focus on US Vehicles as this is the least equipped faction. This release will contain M3 and M5 Stuart tanks, M3A4 76 and HVSS Shermans, M4A4 Firefly VC Sherman and M8 Greyhound.

csJVgk1m.png SswDCxam.png 66T2GfWm.png

http://imgur.com/gallery/2uDU1

Due to the huge chunk of work required to port as much asset and fast as possible, and not wanting this to impact IFA3 developpement itself, we send out a call to arms to motivated and dedicated people to assist us on this journey! So if you enjoy WW2 and modding, have some experience, you are most welcome to contact us.

If I can make a humble suggestion, seeing as the models for the British Sherman's in I44 are showing their age a bit (they were awesome when first created about ten yrs ago) could you not transplant the gun barrel from the Firefly into the base Iron Front M4A4 - seeing as it is a much more detailed and newer model - that way it standardises everything a bit better.

I know the history buffs might say it's not historically the correct version of Sherman that was lend-leased to the British - but even so, it's a much better model...

Great to see I44 getting another lease of life through you guys!

The British tanks are fine, from what I can see its on par with the rest, It would not look right at all if you where to Jerry rig the barrel to the current M4.

Just to clarify, the Sherman's you can see above are the U.S. 76mm gunned Sherman's and both models are still excellent. The British Sherman's however are a couple of gaming generations behind those

in Poly count and accuracy - the wheels for example are octagons, and the turrets, and gun on the 75mm Sherman are quite misshapen compared to the Iron Front model which is more accurate.

Again I want to stress, when Marcel made the above mentioned tanks (ofp, ArmA1 days?) they were excellent, excellent quality.

This is amazing. Further down the line, we'll have a very complete WW2 asset pack available in ArmA 3.

If you want to help out, we are recruiting :dummy:

• Like 2

Am i reading this right? The I44 Team have handed you EVERYTHING? I remember when ArmA 3 first came out and there was quite a bit of doubt about the future of WW2 mods but this is momentous news and i look forward to seeing the Arsenal of equipment in IFA3 grow and hopefully the addition of the british. Good work guys!

• Like 6

Having major issues with IFA3. Game freezing (having to Alt-F4 or if that fails have to log off just to regain control) whenever I get into a tank or most vehicles.

I thought it was mod related until I decided to run IFA3 completely by itself, still happens.

Windows 10 x64. 

Intel i7 2600k

NViDIA GeForce GTX TITAN.

Max Settings @ 1500 Viewdistance.

IFA3 Version: Preview_17

RPT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_lZNSqrBEXIYlpGMlZfZWZBSUE

30 minutes ago, mannulus said:

Having major issues with IFA3. Game freezing (having to Alt-F4 or if that fails have to log off just to regain control) whenever I get into a tank or most vehicles.

I thought it was mod related until I decided to run IFA3 completely by itself, still happens.

Windows 10 x64. 

Intel i7 2600k

NViDIA GeForce GTX TITAN.

Max Settings @ 1500 Viewdistance.

IFA3 Version: Preview_17

RPT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_lZNSqrBEXIYlpGMlZfZWZBSUE

Im having the same problem i think it might have something to do with the new update

Just now, Reid236 said:

Im having the same problem i think it might have something to do with the new update

I just DL'd and tested all the different sources (mega, google, steam, etc.). 

I narrowed it down to something regarding 64bit. If you do 32 it's fine but if you use 64 it freezes on you.

17 minutes ago, mannulus said:

I just DL'd and tested all the different sources (mega, google, steam, etc.). 

I narrowed it down to something regarding 64bit. If you do 32 it's fine but if you use 64 it freezes on you.

yeah i just tested it its the new 64 bit update hopefully the ifa3 team will release an update fixing it soon

Hotfix to come later today

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, .kju said:

Hotfix to come later today

nice thanks .kju!

• Like 1

Hello!
I would like to ask you @.kju about this, that can we expect M1919A4 in v18 after I44 "takeover"?
In current equipment US fraction has not any equivalent of german MG-42 or soviet DP what makes me really sad :/

Thanks in advance for any answer!
Cheers!

1 hour ago, [ACC] Maras said:

Hello!
I would like to ask you @.kju about this, that can we expect M1919A4 in v18 after I44 "takeover"?
In current equipment US fraction has not any equivalent of german MG-42 or soviet DP what makes me really sad :/

Thanks in advance for any answer!
Cheers!

to add to this, I hope there is a static/turret version with a tripod/stand as well as a handheld infantry version

Hotfix is out - verify "IFA3 (AIO) LITE" via the A3 Launcher from BI

• Like 3

Hello Kju, this is a hotfix for version 1.68, but we will still have to load arma3 32 bits to play, until the 64 bit compatibility comes out ??

Greetings and thanks...