.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

16 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

Ok, please bear with me but.. and I beg you to enlighten me what dependency is there with vanilla Iron Front and I44? Well of course there has to be now if it has been made so, but then the question is that why did you make it so?! :)

There is no dependency on Standalone IF or I44, IFA3 Lite dont need IF to run, all you need is CUP Terrains - Core.

12 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

If you guys are nice. Maybe.

Is this the M4A3(76)W HVSS?

Any chance to have high resolution textures with lite version? i have iron front the game, but im using lite to play with friends. When you add more i44 content, will be low-res too? 

16 minutes ago, mozzarellaccia said:

Any chance to have better resolution texture with lite version? i have iron front the game too, but im using lite to play with friends. When you add more i44 content, will be low-res too? 

I'm pretty sure the I44 content won't be low-resolution. I think it's only Iron Front content that has to be low-res due to an agreement they had with Deep Silver regarding the copyright. Not entirely sure.

If i'm correct there is no more IFA3, or it's uncompatible to play with Lite versions. So with or without Iron Front "the game" i can't play with high-res textures no way, at the moment?

Correct. HQ textures are available to the dev team only at this point.

3 minutes ago, .kju said:

Correct. HQ textures are available to the dev team only at this point.

Do you think the Iron Front developers will ever give you the licence, or do you think those textures are lost forever?

14 minutes ago, duderide said:

Do you think the Iron Front developers will ever give you the licence, or do you think those textures are lost forever?

I think they ARE the Iron Front devs, but they have an agreement with the publisher (Deep Silver) that means they can only release the mod with low-resolution textures until the copyright ends or something.

We can make the low res texture available for free, which is not the case of their HD version.

Yeah Duderide looks like a community can't completely enjoy this mod because someone is jelous of their textures

1 minute ago, mozzarellaccia said:

Yeah Duderide looks like a community can't completely enjoy this mod because of deep silver being jelous of their dead mod.. ehm game, while releasing high textures would have been a good way to compensate who wasted his money in 2012.

well I'm not mad about not having the high res textures, and I don't know what the situation is the Deep Silver; maybe there's more to this than we know? Regardless, having the standard high res textures would be a blast but its not necessary. And who knows! Maybe one day someone will make their own textures and supply them to the Iron Front Lite dev team. FOW has been doing some great work with their textures but, unfortunetly, they're having problems with steady development; most WW2 mods have had this problem, like, WW2 Chronicles, I44, 31st Normandy, ect. Iron Front Lite is the only WW2 mod that I have seen that has actually been very successful. So maybe some day, all of these developers will merge for the better.

It is quite simple actually and we have also be very open about it:

AWAR, the license holder, wants to see money for the FULL version (HQ textures and playable content).

We are still trying to find a solution with BI and Valve.

PS: DeepSilver and X1 are no longer relevant.

• Like 1

Who wants to buy iron front a dead game in 2017? They want money? They had mine in 2012, but now in 2017 they just can be happy to earn my gratitude because if 1$ gets out of my pocket it's to pay a lawyer to you actual modders after illegally publishing the content

Remember Awar got screwed out of the Iron Front deal, thats why they quit, Deepsilver was to pay them but only gave them 50% of their money.

Kju question for you, whats the situation with IFA3WarModSA now, its been a while since i got word on what WOG and you guys are doing,

are you adding the contents to IFA3 Lite, or whats the situation?

Deepsilver was to pay them but only gave them 50% of their money

This is not true AFAIK, yet AWAR had a bad deal without doubt regardless (yet the poor release state was their own fault).

Ref: WoG

We are still waiting on Shvetz to provide us the sources - he is unavailable atm due to personal problems unfortunately.

Bit off topic here. Just wanted to show off some of the POW camp screenshots that I've been working on. I hope kju and guys don't mind that I used some FOW buildings as well hehe

PRRfZ5n.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

SKnFD8x.jpg

UiHyluq.jpg

UNTN4qX.jpg

ArwVL9T.jpg

vPNYiCJ.jpg

No disrespect meant for WW2 and holocaust victims by making this post/scenario itself!!

• Like 2

@Jaki

We are close friends and partners with Faces of War.

Very sensitive topic you are touching there. Please treat it very sensible.

• Like 1

What have in common nazi camp with kolkhoz? :scratchchin:

Just now, vintorez said:

What have in common nazi camp with kolkhoz? :scratchchin:

I guess they were too lazy to build their own gates so they brought some from soviet union

24 minutes ago, Jaki said:

Bit off topic here. Just wanted to show off some of the POW camp screenshots that I've been working on. I hope kju and guys don't mind that I used some FOW buildings as well hehe

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

SKnFD8x.jpg

UiHyluq.jpg

UNTN4qX.jpg

ArwVL9T.jpg

vPNYiCJ.jpg

No disrespect meant for WW2 and holocaust victims by making this post/scenario itself!!

Cool set you built there. Maybe some people will be triggered by it but I admire your set building skills. Just a suggestion, but maybe get rid of the kolkhoz sign above the gate? xD

Yeah, as a German, I must say that especially the train cargo/box cars strike the tunes of the Todesfuge, so to speak. 

The pictures of the train tracks leading right into the KZ camps as to make the killing by forced labor or, if not useable for that (elderly, weak people, sick folks, younger children), immediate annihilation within short peroids after arrival  possible in the least amount of time, is always a sobering view. 

On the other hand, it all depends on what missions you build.  Freedom in  creative recreation of history can mean a lot of things.  Some people might say they want KZ installations so they can play as the Allies liberating them.  But if neonazis want, they can of course abuse A3 with the various WW2 mods to live out all their sick dreams about being in charge as the SS guardforce.  Or to kill POW's/resistance fighters/innocents and bury them in unmarked mass graves. 

It's never the mod's responsibility or fault - it's the mission maker's responsibility for what the assets are used.  Remember the ruckus about DAESH/ISIS using A3 as a recruiting tool?  Pretty much the same it is here: yes, you can use the assets for roleplaying mass murders and/or genocidal killers. But you don't have to.  And just the possibility of doing so should not be reason to "censor" historical equipment/flags/insignia.  Just remember to think seriously about the message you want to send with missions, pics or videos. 

Jaki, is it e.g. your intention to claim that the inmates in your KZ had a jolly great time with outdoor cinema?  One might get that idea if one looks at the collection of pics you posted.  I'm not saying that this really is what you want to express; just an example of what people can "read out" of certain pics in certain collection and context. 

But I repeat: I don't want censorship in A3.  I just want to remind the players to question their motives for playing certain roles or scenarios. 

• Like 2

Like I edited my post after kjus comment, my intentions werent bad and as one of my family members was in a nazi "labour" camp and I would never make fun of it. Problem with internet today, for to me unknown reason, is there is too much people getting triggered or ask for censorship. Also, there was and always will be some people that will convert anything in something bad such either was the media writing about ISIS recrouting fighters through Arma or just for screenshots like this. 

Whole compound is dividen into two sections: POW side (right) and German (left) with their barracs. Cinema is on the left side and is used by guards off duty for propaganda to raise soldiers morale.

If there will be too much fuss about this post I will ask kju or some admin to remove my post (idk if thats possible, im still kind new to bi forums) or I will edit my post with some other WW2 relatable screenshots and projects. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 2