.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

@mcnools

Great to see you still around! very happy to hear you are positive about the re-release of your work :rthumb:

We will look into the vegetation models used by I44 terrains. We did apply the new A3 named properties,

yet maybe the LODs need some revision.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 7:01 PM, .kju said:

@LJFox

you are not loading all necessary mods

What are the mods that are needed to run Iron Front Lite successfully?

These are the mods I have tested it with and still have gotten the error:

• @cba
  • @CUP_Terrains_Core
  • @I44_Terrains
  • @I44_Objects
  • @IFA3_Lite
  • @IFA3_Objects
I know I must be missing a vital one but I have never had this issue in the past with downloading iron front.

@LJFox

you are missing @IFA3_Terrains_LITE

Hello, I want to know the correct order of loading of the addons, for the import that has ...

Thanks for all IFA3 team and collaborators, as always, you are the best.

ok thanks

I guess now, it is mandatory to load @CUP_TERRAINS to play IFA3_LITE, but ...

Another question, it is obligatory to load the contents of @ I44_Terrains
@ I44_Objects, to play @ IFA3_LITE.

I guess only if we want to play on i44 maps ...

for some reason @144_objects doesn't show up in my mods on steam, it shows 

Invasion 1944 Terrains | @I44_Objects | false |  GAME DIR | 9f2503f6c736d4239f8522e7f8e7eedabed0f740 |  a484835c | E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@I44_Objects

Invasion 1944 Terrains | @I44_Terrains | false |  GAME DIR | a30a3db80b1cf223906eb0d4c911828cd1948c4c | d4ba62bc | E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@I44_Terrains

So basically my game has crashed as I re download and what not "but" same issue...  

Im sure its me (somehow). 

On 2017-02-23 at 9:30 AM, .kju said:

@mcnools

Great to see you still around! very happy to hear you are positive about the re-release of your work :rthumb:

We will look into the vegetation models used by I44 terrains. We did apply the new A3 named properties,

yet maybe the LODs need some revision.

It's nice to be remembered!

It should just concern the mikebart trees/bushes if I'm not mistaken, worth having an extra look!

I did notice that the lighting settings are a bit off on neaville though, it's brighter before sunset/just after sunrise than mid-day and it turns into pitch black night in a minute or so it seems, worth having a look at that aswell! (if you want to I can try to post a proper bug-report about it instead)

On 2/20/2017 at 9:57 AM, .kju said:

@Lorde Farquad please post your rpt log file 

@dr death jm please upload rpt of both client and server, plus console log

linux server rpt

http://pastebin.com/T3HMERqH

client rpt
http://pastebin.com/dmLXWz52

basically as you will see in both rpt files, server and cleint have same mod's but i cant join my server. 

if i take out 144 objects and Terrains, i have no issues, besides i guess also cba on server issue, but before 144 144 objects and Terrains

i ran cba only on client (not server). hope there's enuf info in rpt's that someone see's, because i dont really see any myself..

plus console log 

Im not sure what and were that is ? no one has ever asked me for that before.

ok my fix to my issue was i went back to older ifa3 ( version 15 ).

So now i44 works np, 

So anyone who wants to test out ww2 plane rage (originally jet rage by cly).

its on 3 maps  able,cain and eden (for now).

THE WAR ZONE  ip   67.212.78.133  port 2302

Mods Used On Server

@cba_a3;
@cup_terrains_core
@cup_terrains_maps

@cup_terrains_cwa
@i44_objects
@i44_terrains

@ifa3lite <--- older version if you cant find it get it HERE 

if you just want the missions rite_here 

@histeria6363

CUP Terrains is NOT needed. Only CUP Core.

I44 Terrains and Objects are technically optional, yet we bundle them to give servers and mission makers an unified platform.

@dr death jm

Fixed the mod.cpp name error with I44 Object thanks.

You also have this problem:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_characters_f

See: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121712

logFile = "server_console.log"; Enables output of dedicated server console into textfile. Default location of log is same as crash dumps and other logs.

From https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

@mcnools

You are most welcome :)

We will look into MB vegetation and see what can be done!

Unfortunately something bugged up the terrain lighting (daylight-night transition, night turns into day, overall brightness).

We will revert the changes for now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, .kju said:

@dr death jm

Fixed the mod.cpp name error with I44 Object thanks.

You also have this problem:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_characters_f  <--- im so lost on were/why im getting this , I know how it happens, but i don't recall what i deleted.

See: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121712

logFile = "server_console.log"; Enables output of dedicated server console into textfile. Default location of log is same as crash dumps and other logs.

From https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

aoy, thats what i was calling the server rpt... 

The server rpt is something different.

Hello there.

Every server owner has this message since Arma3 1.66. This message do not affect anything in the game.

13 hours ago, .kju said:

a3_characters_f

Good luck.

@zhaleks

it leads to not being able to load the mission or savegames

Hello there.

13 hours ago, .kju said:

@zhaleks

it leads to not being able to load the mission or savegames

I'm just saying, it's not the @dr death jm fault. It's problem with Arma3 1.66/1.68 itself. 2 of our Arma3 servers have this message in the .rpt and yet playable in any means.

Good luck.

@zhaleks

yes its a problem with A3 itself - however it does cause actual issues (not being able to load specific missions or savegames)

2 hours ago, .kju said:

@zhaleks

yes its a problem with A3 itself - however it does cause actual issues (not being able to load specific missions or savegames)

this error or warning message (that I'm getting ) is more specific to some map mod I installed / to a mission not getting what it needs within. (but all missions are playable, I get the rpt warning but,  -showscripterrors shows nothing)

hmm, the best I can explain "from what I was told" takistan from cup, expects cups civilians, "even though you can load cup core and maps on there own with no issues " .

I'm not saying this is "THE BIS" issue, or cups or any other mod singularly , its all of them not running together properly.

"in other words" the maker of mod A isn't specifically making his mod to work with mod B ,C,E,F . its all trial and error

and when you get big mods like RHS,CUP,IFA3. ( my server was running all 3 besides others). there's a guarantee of issues.

a3_characters_f

If this was a true warning you would not be able to edit the mission in the editor without getting  a pop up error.

I personally don't see this error pop up. 

On 23.5.2016 at 6:34 AM, D_FENS said:

Hello, Can someone help a new guy. I've got arma 3 but i really struggle with the mods and really want to run this. I've downloaded iron front lite from steam workshop thinking this will be made easy for a hopeless guy like me but i can't see any servers. Do i still need to run play with six and all the mods?

search for iron front in the "mission" category in the server list. look at their mod requirements tho

I was wondering if anyone has seen this error?

Warning Message: Addon 'WW2_Terrains_c_Worlds_Core_c' requires addon 'WW2_Terrains_c_Misc_Core_c'

I'm currently launching with:

• @CBA_A3
  • @CUP Terrains - Core
  • @I44_Objects
  • @I44_Terrains
  • @IFA3_Terrains_LITE
  • @IFA3LITE

Thanks in advance.

@ .kju

Not all the Iron Front items are showing up in zeus. Is that a zeus issue, or are not all assets configured for zeus?  Or could I have something misconfigured on my end?

We're running the standard modset for Iron Front Lite.

Thank you,

Fire

@FireWalker

we are currently improving this - if you can provide a few example, we will look into it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, .kju said:

@FireWalker

we are currently improving this - if you can provide a few example, we will look into it!

Do you mean a list of assets that we would like to see available in zeus?