.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

51 minutes ago, AIF_Infantrymen said:

what happend to the M1A1 carbine and jumpsuit? are they still a work in progress

The U.S Airborne units and greatcoats were left out of the latest update and should come in the next one I think.

Following recent updates i find i cant access my scratch built maps in Editor 

This map now showing was saved as  GRASS1  which was built up on @Grassland map template

The following messages are displayed

Irs4Ej9.gif

q8um2tx.gif

Can anyone inform me as how to correct it, if it can be that is .

thanks

8 minutes ago, Madshepherd said:

Following recent updates i find i cant access my scratch built maps in Editor 

This map now showing was saved as  GRASS1  which was built up on @Grassland map template

Can anyone inform me as how to correct it, if it can be that is .

thanks

Open your ArmA 3 launcher and try right-clicking on CUP Terrains Core, then click "Repair". That might solve the issue.

It was x10000 times better when Mod was in one mod folder. I will stay with older version till some1 fix this.

Anyway, i tried new version and there is no skyboxes on maps. Any idea?

Before I report a potential issue, has anyone else noticed the Garand not producing the "ping" on an empty enbloc?

Thanks,

Fire

Edit:

Guessing maybe that sound is in one of the "hidesound" pbos. Looks like there is two of them. One for cup sounds and some other generic one. Guess I'll mess with it tonight and try to figure out which one it is.

Edit2:

Tracked the culprit down to ACE. Without ACE the sound is correct. When I load ACE in, we all lose the clip "ping".  Not sure where the conflict is now. So many new additions to the mod.

@Madshepherd

this is an issue with CUP. you have to ask for assistance in the CUP terrains thread.

make sure to upload your mission to have tested by the devs directly

What would be the best German MG turret or unit for the IFA3 bunkers on the I44 Omaha map for a full range of fire vertically?

Hello!

So I got a question, why is cup core used? Weird considering the fact iron front had just ported objects and stuff. Didn't really expected the massive split up but at the same time I am kinda happy for the modularity! (Im praying my campaign isn't corrupted! Please don't be corrupted...)

is the change temporary or permanently? I think a full blown IFA3LITE Version containing everything for campaign makers like me would be splendid! (Many people dislike a lot of dependencies used even though you just split it up and would ignore it!) while for modularity the current version could be kept essentially everyone would be happy!

Essentially one big mod will actually attract more people cause of one click and play. 5 dependencies will draw people off (especially mission makers viewers. Lower popularity due to some people not wanting to download cup core which is 3.4GB + IFA3LITE Terrains, Objects and the main one) 

Other than that splendid work on this one! You did a great job along with your team!

Sorry if I sound like I'm demanding. I just really like the old version which was click and play :)

Cheers!

@Cydoemus

CUP Core is needed for I44 Terrains and upcoming terrains. In short it provides more objects for our terrain makers and others outside our team.

As CUP Core now allows monetization, it meant we no longer had to keep our duplicate data and do twice the work - better to contribute to CUP Core itself.

CUP Core has almost 560k subscribers - on Workshop alone. In addition you have withSIX and various private repositories.

Subscribing on Workshop and withSIX is still just one click. The tools handle the rest.

• Like 2

I'd just like to report that the Winter Kubelwagen has a MG42 drum magazine texture on the front license plate. Is this a known issue?

Has anyone gotten this error yet?

8ASxmfT.jpg

I thought it was my download originally but I have since downloaded it a few times each with the same error popping up.  I used the mega download link for the All in One Package but I haven't tested any of the others. The only mods I have run to test this are CBA and IFA3 lite.

11 hours ago, .kju said:

@Cydoemus

CUP Core is needed for I44 Terrains and upcoming terrains. In short it provides more objects for our terrain makers and others outside our team.

As CUP Core now allows monetization, it meant we no longer had to keep our duplicate data and do twice the work - better to contribute to CUP Core itself.

CUP Core has almost 560k subscribers - on Workshop alone. In addition you have withSIX and various private repositories.

Subscribing on Workshop and withSIX is still just one click. The tools handle the rest.

Ah! I see! Thank you for the explanation! Sorry for the question cause I thought it was kinda weird considering CUP doesn't have any ww2 stuff but now I know :)

• Like 1

Can someone help clarify which one of the multiple downloads I should download to get the full up to date IFA3??

DQbldE8.png

It wouldn't be the terrains or objects ones of course, but then there are three others, one of which is All in One, one of which seems "normal", and one of which is like the normal one except is version 16 hotfix 2... and all the other ones are version 16 hotfix 1... wtfhelp. I just want to download the latest IFA3 lol.

@Zhivets

please make a report in our issue tracker

@LJFox

you are not loading all necessary mods

@Aniallator

AIO package + hotfix 2 patch

Firstly thank you the brilliant IFA3! 

With latest release (Preview v16 hotfix 2) there appears to be a significant difference between TOD lighting set in Eden editor and saved missions with the previous IFA3 release. Missions now seem a lot lighter - as if TOD has changed. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Playing with the time and date sliders also produces some strange lighting issues when moving from one month to the next and dawn and daylight.

The daylight setting seems to go full open at 3.30 in the morning in some months. This is obviously unrealistic and also the change is far too rapid. This may sound like a minor issue but it completely changes mission setting / feel and in some cases breaks a mission.

After some more investigation - it seems the lighting issue is related to changes in weather effects in IFA3 latest release. There appears to be a problem with IFA3 overcast/ cloud cover settings / general weather effects and related lighting. 

@Rick0Shay

we are aware of the issues but were unable to resolve them so unfortunately.

technically we should be using the same setup as CUP does.

the situation is hard as BI still didnt bother to provide any meaningful documentation after changing the lighting system with the 1.60 update..

@Lorde Farquad

please make a report in our issue tracker and provide a lot more detail

Very nice to see the I44-maps again! (especially Neaville which I made back in the days, haha), unfortunately it still has the problem with AI seeing through trees/bushes (on neaville that is, it uses mikebart's stuff that was slightly modified texture-wise). I remember never really getting it fixed back in the days, would be nice of someone in the IFA3-team could finally do it, haha. :)

• Like 9

@mcnools Neaville is my favorite european map. Living in Normandy, it's hard to replicate the surroundings better than you did giving the assets we can use with CWA/CA/A3. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to port it finally. We did not notice any issue with mikebart's vegetation but we'll have a look again.

• Like 5

Edit:

Ignore my question for now. I'm just having a hard time setting this mod up for some reason.

Fire

20 hours ago, Lorde Farquad said:

all tanks are broken for me, even on base maps

Saying all tanks are broken doesn't say anything worth while.

Statements like this are absolutely meaningless unless you give examples.

What exactly is broken?

I just set up a 10 tank (Sherman, t34 76) on 5 ( Tiger and Panzer 4's) battle on Neaville with no issues.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

@mcnools Neaville is my favorite european map. Living in Normandy, it's hard to replicate the surroundings better than you did giving the assets we can use with CWA/CA/A3. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to port it finally. We did not notice any issue with mikebart's vegetation but we'll have a look again.

Thank you very much! It makes me especially happy hearing that you live in normandy and still like the map, haha. :)

To replicate the problem try putting some enemy AI units inside a dense clutter of bushes and trees and then see if they start shooting at you from in there, I tried it the other day and they seemed very good at seeing through the bushes (basically all I could see were tracers coming out of the dense brush, which does look exciting but it can be frustrating eventually, haha). If I recall correctly the tried expanding the Vis LOD (or whatever it's called) for the trees and bushes but that didn't seem to help, could be that it's just not loading properly for some reason and they can see through it all. Worth looking into anyway!

Also,thank you for porting Iron Front to ArmA 3, me and my group are having a lot of fun with it and it's very nice to experience WW2 in ArmA again.

• Like 3