.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Hello there!

Is it known (by IFl team) that the German faction AT soldier that carries a loaded Panzerschreck and a full rocket pack on their backs carry too much weight and thus are unable to move at a normal pace?

Immediately when one rocket is spent the soldier is able to move at a normal pace (but still gets exhausted easily).

Another thing is somewhat a request that I need to approach with a question: how much IFl team can alter the base game assets?

If possible I'd like to suggest a reduction in the numbers of AT soldiers that get placed with the default German AT squad. I don't know how much truth there is behind that an actual German WW2 AT squad had four soldiers carrying a Panzerschreck but for the scope of a video game it feels a bit overkill to have that many. Any chance to see a reduction in the numbers, maybe down to two?

On 22/11/2016 at 1:01 PM, .kju said:

Amit

ACRE has its own backpack classes in IFA3. Check the class list or config dump (_ACRE).

Thanks, that worked. All that needs to be done is to append the backpack radio classes with "_ACRE2". Is there any reason why the backpacks are not available in the Arsenal by default, though?

38 minutes ago, .kju said:

@ Asmodeuz

Do you use ACE3? We revised the equipment in the latest update.

It may still need further improvement though.

Suggest additional groups here: http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com/T568

At first I had other modifications enabled (though not ACE) so just to be sure I disabled every other mod and had only IFlite enabled. So this behaviour is already in IFlite itself (or because of Arma 3, who knows) but it only seems to manifest itself when placing German AT soldiers. Btw. so far I haven't tested the US AT soldiers with bazookas, mainly because the mission I'm intending to create doesn't use US faction.

39 minutes ago, .kju said:

@ Asmodeuz

Suggest additional groups here: http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com/T568

lord, another website where I need to signup! Like if there wasn't already enough websites that are of that "one time access and forget" type. I'll see what I will do with this one then. :)

55 minutes ago, .kju said:

@ Amit

It would confuse people I guess.

Could you not just add labels for each? The original set are already for TFAR so just put "TFAR" in brackets for those ones and "ACRE2" in brackets for the ACRE 2 versions. What's more confusing right now is having support for ACRE 2 radio backpacks with no access to them in the arsenal. 

I've also found that whenever I save a preset in the Arsenal, it's not possible to load it again. Any idea why that might happen?

Thanks for your time.

My group is noticing that shooting the Bazooka insta-kills / knocks us out. Using ACE with the IFA3 ACE Compat Files. Should I remove the compat files or...?

Sorry for limited information, not exactly what to direct you toward when I have no idea.

I guess you're talking about the backblast, don't stay behind, don't shoot inside a closed space, don't shoot close if there's a wall behind ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Tyranos said:

I guess you're talking about the backblast, don't stay behind, don't shoot inside a closed space, don't shoot close if there's a wall behind ;)

I deserved that response. I should of said that it does that to us in open areas with nothing behind us or around us. And it only occurs "sometimes".

Is stamina forced in IFA3Lite? I can´t turn it off in MP.

And is there some kind of a class system? In MP, only snipers can adjust the scope of a Kar98 ZF39, and radio men can not adjust a Kar98k while normal soldiers can. This disappears if you use regular Arma units. 

22 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

Hello there!

Is it known (by IFl team) that the German faction AT soldier that carries a loaded Panzerschreck and a full rocket pack on their backs carry too much weight and thus are unable to move at a normal pace?

Immediately when one rocket is spent the soldier is able to move at a normal pace (but still gets exhausted easily).

Another thing is somewhat a request that I need to approach with a question: how much IFl team can alter the base game assets?

If possible I'd like to suggest a reduction in the numbers of AT soldiers that get placed with the default German AT squad. I don't know how much truth there is behind that an actual German WW2 AT squad had four soldiers carrying a Panzerschreck but for the scope of a video game it feels a bit overkill to have that many. Any chance to see a reduction in the numbers, maybe down to two?

A typical Panzerschreck team would be:

1 NCO with a MP40

2 AT Gunners with pistol

2 AT ammunition bearers with K98k

I do reenacting and I can't ever imagine carrying around a MP40, Panzerschreck, and at least two rockets for it. It's why the ammunition bearer is so important. also the NCO having the MP40 to defend the squad from up close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Landrik said:

A typical Panzerschreck team would be:

1 NCO with a MP40

2 AT Gunners with pistol

2 AT ammunition bearers with K98k

I do reenacting and I can't ever imagine carrying around a MP40, Panzerschreck, and at least two rockets for it. It's why the ammunition bearer is so important. also the NCO having the MP40 to defend the squad from up close.

With a quick search I found from two different sources (1, 2) that a single Panzerschreck rocket weighed 3.3 kg. That's 16,5 kg for the five rockets that the one unfortunate German AT soldier is carrying. Then there's the wooden frame or "Rückentrage 42" (info about the carrier halfway through the webpage) for carrying those five rockets, that might weight 2-3 kgs(?). And the in-game Pzschreck version is the one with the protective shield with a weight of 11 kg, and it comes loaded with one rocket! I'll round the total sum down a bit and we got 33 kg that the soldier has to carry.. + an MP40 with (a couple of?) magazines.

I'm having slightly hard time finding any comprehensive explanation how much a person should be able to carry weight over extended periods/distances. Various hiking/trekking sources indicate anywhere from 10 to 35 kgs where it is mostly thought that 30-35 kgs begins to go over the top.

I remember from my time as a conscript that there was a situation once where I had to go around running and carrying at least four AT mines (weighing 10 kg each) with me along with the standard issue assault rifle.

So I'm not here the one to say that carrying all the weight that the in-game character is carrying isn't doable. But I am saying that you should be able to carry a Schreck with two rockets even though it might be somewhat cumbersome.

Anyway, something should be done about the fact that the AT soldiers can't keep the pace with the rest of the squad.

• Like 2

Is there any way for the ai to open the ramps on the landing craft with no player help at all?

Anyone else having problems running IFL with the dev version x64 exe?

Infantry seems to work fine but as soon as I place a tank on the map and start the mission A3 freezes.

BTW: Thanks for the update IFL team!

/KC

@KeyCat

yeah we had already one other in our discord report this.

i guess we have to wait to improve the 64b build..

Let me spam a videos on v14 before the next update arrives:

• Like 6

And other set:

• Like 8

And the secret German anti rocket tech (before BI fixed it with the hotfix) :don13:

• Like 6

Those troops in the photos are German, not British- but it would make alot of sense if Afrika Corp were added that they need some desert Allied force to fight. On the AT- 3+1 per AT gunner should be plenty- any additional would have too severe of a stamina hit considering that while the pack supports 5 that would be for soldiers with the AT as their primary weapon, or for transport. 

Preview v15 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is a smaller update of things to come - thanks to El Tyranos and Lennard!

Highlights

• Added: iron sighted M1903A4 Springfield.
  • Added: scarfs by Lennard!
  • Added: US Tank crew uniform is back.
  • Added: T34/85 3D Cupola.
  • Added: T34/76 3D Cupola.
  • Added: StuGIII 3D Cupola.
  • Added: Pz.VIE 3D Cupola.
  • Added: Pz.VIB 3D Cupola.
  • Added: Pz.V 3D Cupola.
  • Added: Pz.IVH 3D Cupola.
  • Added: JS2 3D Cupola.
  • Added: Sherman gun vertical gyrostabilizer.
  • Added: US Winter faction.
  • Updated: bolting system to new implementation by reyhard! (works now also for non IFA3 infantry classes)

Special thanks also to reyhard once again, as well as to Alan, volsukh,

Kerc, Rowdy, and Ba5terD for testing and feedback to improve tanks further!

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 9

New toys

Thanks to reyhard!

• Like 6