.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

I have narrowed down to a single reason why the cost for placing Iron Front groups AT Squad, Infantry Squad, Recon Squad doesn't get subtracted.

I need to break this down a bit:

Iron Front has summer and winter variants for the in-game characters declared in addons WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht and WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c respectively.

If a mission maker wants to make only the summer variants available to Zeus he/she adds the WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht addon in the mission and possibly uses a cost table to assign different costs to each class that belongs in the addon.

Then the mission maker runs the game in multiplayer mode to see if the points are getting subtracted when placing individual characters and groups. And at this point realizes that when a group is placed no points get subtracted.

The thing is: there is somekind of inheritance between the addons WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht and WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c, where one needs to add both as addons or the point subtraction will not work for groups that belong to the summer variant addon.

But if the mission maker adds only the winter variant addon (WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c) the point subtraction does work for groups that belong in that addon. This makes me believe that the winter addon is somehow dominant over the summer addon.

So if I'd like to get the point subraction to work correctly for the summer variant characters in a Zeus mission of mine I would have to make the winter variant characters also available to Zeus.. and that's not what I'd like to do.

@.kju and IF lite team, is there any chance that you could remove this strange inheritance or whatever it is between these two addons?

Does any of you even understand what I'm babbling about here? If it's of any help I will gladly create a couple of small sample missions to try and make the message a bit clearer.

• Like 1

Hello  

I'm Sgt. Hester Leigh I have very important business

to discuss with you.

please kindly get back to me if you are interested to know

more about the deal.reply me here ( sgthester@hotmail.com )

If you are talking to El Tyranos, you should PM them instead of posting on this thread. Your e-mail address is now open to everyone who views this thread.

If you are talking to El Tyranos, you should PM them instead of posting on this thread. Your e-mail address is now open to everyone who views this thread.

It's some kind of spam/scam bot.

@ Asmodeuz

Thanks for the research!

This sounds more like a bug or limitation in ZEUS.

Its only BI who really can address that.

As mentioned before your best chance is probably to get Karel's attention.

Aside from that make a report with simple demo mission in the A3 feedback tracker,

as post about in the dev branch thread.

@ Asmodeuz

Thanks for the research!

This sounds more like a bug or limitation in ZEUS.

Its only BI who really can address that.

As mentioned before your best chance is probably to get Karel's attention.

Aside from that make a report with simple demo mission in the A3 feedback tracker,

as post about in the dev branch thread.

You don't think the ticket would get closed asap in the A3 feedback tracker or does BI have somekind of responsibility over Iron Front these days?

Fixing this 'behavior' is definitely a no-go for IFl team?

ps. contacted @moricky just-in-case and updated Zeus editing discussion with the findings.

• Like 1

@ Asmodeuz

Well I can't see how this is a mod configuration problem.

At the very least documentation should be provided by BI on the topic.

Hello!

I do appreciate youre work. Really.
May I ask you to add atleast 1 backpack with maximumLoad more than 200.
I have Exile server with WW2 assets only and backpack should be 200+ to be able to craft something.
You can say: do your own mod. Yep, I can, but downloading and enabling aditional mods is too hard work for modern players.

class B_LIB_GER_Panzer_Empty_250: B_LIB_GER_Panzer
	{
		scope = 2;
		scopeCurator = 2;
		scopeArsenal = 2;
		maximumLoad = 250;
		class TransportMagazines
		{
		};
	};

Sorry for my English.

Good luck.

@ zhaleks

Please add a task in our issue tracker and it will be done. :)

Hi Gunter,.kju and crew,

I'm vary gladly to own Full converted version IFA3 and installation runs well.

But i got some bug when player open inventory(I) and throw grenade(G) in prone position will freeze and unable to move or control character in any way.
I know Full IFA3 is stopped updating for now,so maybe you guys can help me to figure out where the shoe pinches that I can try to fix it.

[Test video]-[mod:CBA_A3 and seven IFA3 folder(including DLC and 1_60 hotfix)]
0:03~0:04:prone shoot and reload are fine.
0:13:press "I" button(inventory) character freeze,and action menu [Cancel action] shows up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSnY2sjzQW4RDhqeVI2a1g3MDQ/view?usp=sharing [google drive preview]

pardon for my poor English.

Best Regards.

Going to repeat a question here. I've seen the tanks fire HE shells at infantry where the AI in vanilla tanks and mod tanks do not. How did you guys get it to work?

I have a question about the D-Day map, how do I get troops to use the bunkers? Its hard to get the germans to actually shoot out of the bunkers on to troops who are landing and placing Pak40s in the artillery bunkers is not very effective.

So I've been playing around with a mod called Personal Armory and came across the mortar and the GrW34 Ammunition. I tried using it together with the mortar but it doesn't work. Is there a mortar that the GrW34 ammunition does work with or is it just hidden for now for later :)

Preview v14 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is yet another HUGE update - thanks to El Tyranos, Lennard, Joarius and Alan!

Highlights

• North Africa factions thanks to Lennard! Summary: http://tinyurl.com/WW2-DAK
  • Civilian and French FFI factions by Joarius, reyhard and BI!
  • Planes upgraded to A3 standards and with PhysX
  • GMC trucks upgrade to A3 standards (working PhysX and engine sounds)
  • New custom faces by Lennard!
  • Schiessbecher Kar 98 grenade launcher by Lennard!
  • New German winter assets and variants by Lennard!
  • New Russian winter uniform variant by Lennard!
  • Lowered CfgAISkill maximums akin and thanks to ACE3 team!
  • Rifle grenade system thanks to Adanteh!
  • And much more!

Special thanks also to Adanteh, Red Phoenix and reyhard once again, as well as to volsukh,

Schwienyy, JK, Rowdy, and Alan for testing and feedback to polish tanks further!

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 14

Congrats on the next update! Absolutely amazing work :thumbsup: Thank you very much!

Excuse me my ignorance,

playWithSix being such a clusterfuck showing 9 different Iron Front mods with all varying sizes/version numbers, all made by .kju, which one is the up to date mod?

Cheers

@ Grumpy Old Man

Use the link in the first post.

• Like 1