.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

How would I go about using the backpack radios with the current version of ACRE 2? When I click on them in the arsenal, they can't fit the radios, but they can fit various other random items (e.g. ACE medical items).

Hello, use the ACRE compatibility file, it makes radio backpack big enough to be compatible with ACRE's long range radios.

• Like 1

So 1.3.1 M1 garand still lost Ping/plink sound?  :o

Is this becoming a gimmick? Second time this has been asked in two updates...

And no, mine still pings like a boss.

• Like 2

youngtee

It only works with IFA3 classes so far. With 1.66 this limitation will be gone.

• Like 2

Is this becoming a gimmick? Second time this has been asked in two updates...

And no, mine still pings like a boss.

I apologize for that stupid question.

Just found out that ACE 3 and IFA3 LITE 1.3.1 worked together and the M1 ping sound missing

Thank you for the information :)

No need to apologize - and I completely forgot the sound was tied to IFA3 classes! ^^

How about the dials on the tanks, when a tank fires the main cannon, at the top right you have the reloading dial, for me that dont animate, only the pac40 does,

although i do need to test again with the latest hotfix but anyone else have the issues?

• Like 1

How about the dials on the tanks, when a tank fires the main cannon, at the top right you have the reloading dial, for me that dont animate, only the pac40 does,

although i do need to test again with the latest hotfix but anyone else have the issues?

Yeah only static weapons works fine for me.

BTW how's the Warmod going?  :P

imgur changed how they allow album embed's. I updated the forums bbcode for the new style so it will at least work for now, but we will probably want to look at a balance of having larger image size, etc.
Make sure to use the special bbcode media tag when putting in the url (the button just to the left of "font" when composing a post.

http://imgur.com/a/pogEc

• Like 3

Yeah only static weapons works fine for me.

Ok, so I would assume its still a WIP thing for the tank dials, as I do miss that.

BTW how's the Warmod going?

As for IFA3WarMod, as per my release thread I have to rebuild it as there is a quite a few things that dont work to just patch, aside rebuilding

it new features will be added along with a few updates for existing stuff that does work, but right now i have my hands full with a few projects,

so I'm probably looking at end of this month maybe sooner to start working on it, further discussions, questions ect,. on it use the release thread.

On topic, I'm liking where the tanks are going, finally the tanks Physics arent wack anymore, a question for you guys in terms of the sound, is there still plans to update the German infantry weapon sounds,

such as k98, and the others, and since the explosion impact sounds for the tanks have been changed any plans to change the sounds for grenade explosions and or explosions in general?

• Like 1

Updated docu finally available:

Also check our sheet overviews:
  • AmmoOverview
  • Tanks ArmorOverview
  • PenetrationOverview bisurf
  • PenetrationOverview rvmat
  • Clothing ArmorOverview
  • Infantry ArmorOverview
  • HitPointsClass Comparison
  • GroundVehicles PhysXOverview
  • VehicleEngineSoundsOverview Tanks
  • Like 7

On topic, I'm liking where the tanks are going, finally the tanks Physics arent wack anymore, a question for you guys in terms of the sound, is there still plans to update the German infantry weapon sounds,

such as k98, and the others, and since the explosion impact sounds for the tanks have been changed any plans to change the sounds for grenade explosions and or explosions in general?

Glad you like the new physx, we even made further improvements for next version ! (as well as tanks ammunitions that are going to be close to a true simulation in term of damages and penetration  :ph34r:  )

Most of explosions are supposed to use ArmA 3 ones as they are more than decent. Yet I didn't review everything as I'm working on many others things, plus the fact that I don't want to spend too much time on things that Megagoth could or wish to involve in.  :P

• Like 2

Hello, use the ACRE compatibility file, it makes radio backpack big enough to be compatible with ACRE's long range radios.

Sorry for my ignorance, but where would I find that file? In the main mod folder for IFA3 Lite on the Workshop, these are the only optional pbo files I see:

S84YZxQ.png

Hi, I noticed that the tanks seem to automatically use HE shells on infantry and AP on tanks. ASR AI might have something to do with that, but can you share how you guys made it so?

Sorry for my ignorance, but where would I find that file? In the main mod folder for IFA3 Lite on the Workshop, these are the only optional pbo files I see:

:blink: I'll have a look.

Meanwhile :

http://imgur.com/a/vvcfF

• Like 6

Quick question the geist texture pack for Iron Front which one can you use as ive seen a lite variant or can you use the the full conversion one 

@danno1991 :

- GEISTA3 is for IFA3 Full version.

- GEISTA3L is for IFA3 Lite ; you can find this HERE. ;)

Sorry for tha delay of answer... :wacko:

Is it correct that USA only has helmet textures as of now?

Actually, yes.

But LODU has given his authorization for old models to Kju. So i will release the GEIST's textures for "old" models US soldiers. So in Lite version, you will find them again.

• Like 2

Sorry for tha delay of answer... :wacko:

Actually, yes.

But LODU has given his authorization for old models to Kju. So i will release the GEIST's textures for "old" models US soldiers. So in Lite version, you will find them again.

Good luck finding a server a that uses the Geist mod. The only servers that I know of that are usually full are an EU 1944 KOTH server with stuck up admins. :| all the other IFA3lite servers only use IFA3lite and nothing other than IFA3lite.

Hello there IFL team.

Would any of you happen to know what needs to be taken into account when creating custom cost tables for Zeus game mode?

I have one table created for Iron Front lite with IFL assets and placing individual soldiers as Zeus does subtract from the total amount of points the Zeus has available.

But when I place a group that consists of those same individual soldiers, no points get subtracted at all.

For reference I did create the following cost table with CSAT soldiers:

// Generated by BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable	
// [["A3_Characters_F"],"ods"] call BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable;	
_A3_Characters_F = [
	'O_Soldier_SL_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_LAT_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_TL_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_M_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_A_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_AR_F',0.1,
	'O_medic_F',0.1,
	'',0];
and when I place a group that consists of those soldiers the game sums up all the 0.1's and then subtracts that sum from the total amount of points the Zeus has available.

I'm a bit in a loss here... like is what I describe here a problem with Iron Front lite + Zeus or? Why doesn't the game sum up all the individual costs (placed for IFL assets) and subtract the sum like it does with vanilla A3 assets?

@ Asmodeuz

You can find the relevant scripts (fn_curatorObjectRegisteredTable.sqf, fn_curatorObjectRegistered.sqf, fn_exportCuratorCostTable.sqf) here:

.\a3\functions_f_curator\Curator

I haven't found how bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable_data is used when determining costs upon unit placement.

You can try to contact the BI developer Karel (PM or twitter), if he is open to tell you/us.

Thank you .kju :)

As per your advice I indeed did contact Karel without wasting time but sadly to this day I haven't heard back from him and since it's been this "long" I doubt there will be any reply.

So far I haven't been able to solve this case by myself. So I went to 'great lenghts' and created a new post in the Zeus subforum to see if some mighty fine person would happen to stumble in there with a readily available answer.

• Like 1