.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Hi Folks,

Can't thank you guys enough for what's obviously the countless hours you contribute to this - thanks one and all !!!

Looking forward to trying the update...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

M1 Garand lost its "plink" again ?

:(

Regards,
Scott

@scott : Nope, nothing to report on my end.

Thanks for the update guys!

• Like 1

thx for the info regarding the tankcrews.

i have another question. What happens to the LIB_shellparameters? Since it is the plan to switch from ADS to a model based penetration i was wondering if the LIB_shellparameters are allready obsolete or if you plan to somehow keep them for things like the PWM and the rpzb.

WW2_Fortification_Trench_Corner_x1 can´t be selected like the other trench parts.

and maybe i just didnt see it, but after connecting few trenches one end of the trenchsystem ended 150 above the ground and i didnt found a ramp like trench part to make it accessible. if there is one, would be nice if it would start with trench prefix in editor like the others. (maybe even including the "old" trenches with trench prefix)

@lennard

i love the fleck stuka, cause of lighting i cant even say if its desert or winter, but its nice :)

Edit:

:D  the ramp is a wall, all good lol

What happens to the LIB_ShellParameters?

[...]

[Are] the LIB_ShellParameters are already obsolete or if you plan to somehow keep them for things like the PWM and the rpzb.

1. We still keep the configuration in configs for the time being.2

2. It is still used in scripts (grenades, rockets, buildings damage handling).

• Like 1

The new weapon recoils are really nice. I especially like firing the MP40 now; it shakes around and you have to control it.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Just curious – from the response I received above – is someone saying the plink sound when the clip ejects on the M1 garand actually works ?

I played around with it a bunch – even reloaded Iron Front – and it's still missing for me... It did work on the last release.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Regards,

Scott

Hello again, you are the best in the world, great job and update.

I get the feeling that going to do the same with airplanes, good textures.

@Scott

It happens the same, no ping..........

• Like 1

You need to use an IF character, it won't work with other classes like arsenal, vanilla blufor or whatever as we don't use cba for eventhandlers.

Try to spawn an IF US rifleman in Eden and it should work fine.

Same rule apply to bolting system

You need to use an IF character, it won't work with other classes like arsenal, vanilla blufor or whatever as we don't use cba for eventhandlers.

Try to spawn an IF US rifleman in Eden and it should work fine.

Same rule apply to bolting system

Hi...

Hmm - definitely using Iron Front personnel during my M1 Garand testing - I'll try it again when I get some time - thanks for the response...

Regards,

Scott

Superb job on the video - right up there with "Uncle Ho's" work on that Vietnam movie he made - which I consider one of the best I've seen...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re-comment on the video, I enjoyed the video alot when i watched it, loved the atmosphere and animations!

I dont want to pull the reality card out here but in the video towards the end here sits 1 Sherman, and then a panther about 200m apart, maybe 300?

And your telling me that the Panther missed 2 shots on the Sherman while the Sherman knocked the panther out in 1 shot unless something else happened

we didn't see maybe AT soldiers ambushed it?

In reality the Panther like the Tiger outgunned the Sherman, I quote:

In 1943 and 1944, Panther was able to destroy any enemy tank in existence at ranges of 2000m, while in general veteran Panther crews reported 90 percent hit rate at ranges up to 1000m.

According to US Army Ground Forces statistics, destruction of a single Panther was achieved after destruction of 5 M4 Shermans or some 9 T-34s.   

"To destroy a Panther, a tank destroyer with a three inch (Gun Motor Carriage M10) or 76mm gun (Gun Motor Carriage M18 Hellcat) would have to aim for the side or rear of the turret,

the opening through which the hull-mounted machine gun projected, or for the underside of the gun shield (mantlet)." – U.S. Army report prior to September of 1944.

Panther resources:

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-v-panther-sd-kfz-171.htm

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer-V_Panther.php

I know, shutup and enjoy the video, i did, just saying anyone who studied WW2 knows that situation would have favored the panther,

unless of course it was something like this

where the Panther had its side facing the tank, from the front, you couldn't penetrate a panther with 76mm, but this is a Pershing which has 90mm gun.

Maybe in the vid if the Sherman were a Pershing I'd believe it but none the less cool vid anyways, little bit of COD WW2 in there no at the start?

As for IFA3 is the Stug still being worked on, its seems a bit "loose" for the AI driving.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - always wondered why nobody ever tried to upgrade that little pop gun on the Shermans... I'm sure speed would suffer - the tankers triad... What was it - the "hellcat" that had no armor - could move exceptionally fast and had a really big gun ?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Yeah - always wondered why nobody ever tried to upgrade that little pop gun on the Shermans... I'm sure speed would suffer - the tankers triad... What was it - the "hellcat" that had no armor - could move exceptionally fast and had a really big gun ?

Regards,

Scott

They did upgrade the Sherman's rather anemic M2 gun. The "People" were the British army. The upgrade was the 17-pounder. It was a great gun but like many of its class it was rather long. The M4 being a relatively small tank, had a relatively small turret. Short answer: the Q17 didn't fit until they rotated it through 90°. The result was an up-gunned M4 called the Firefly. Although it offered improved offensive capabilities, it's defenses (armour) were still woefully inadequate. In fact it was a stop-gap measure until, Britain's long-awaited (Crusader & Matilda were rather outdated) heavier tanks, e.g. Cromwell, Comet and finally Challenger. You can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly

• Like 2

An excellent illustration on the differences of Sherman variations and German tanks can be seen in the Battlefield comic series written by the impeccable Garth Ennis, who's quite nit-picky when it comes to militaria detail. The stories in question are The Tankists and especially its sequel Firefly and His Majesty. They should be available in TBP collections and digi comic format and will make nice reading while waiting for the next IFL update :)

• Like 1

BTW, I have a stupid question conserning the IF maps in their current form. When I try to make missions on them they always appear to have a real short range visibility due to almost milky foggines, which I cannot clear no matter how much I tweak the graphic settings, play around with the IF lightning modules etc. Is that blur due to the low rez maps themselves? I suppose there's nothing to be done about it right? No way to port the full rez maps from my old IF disc either I guess. But there was talk about the mod team trying to release them later, did I understand correctly?

You missed them ? You didn't know they ever existed ? Well... they were not available for some reason but you will soon be able to use those awesome IF44 game textures in Virtual Arsenal and EDEN !

http://imgur.com/a/dAIqW

:ph34r:

• Like 9

Thanks for a the info - I'll take a gander - much appreciated gents...

Regards,

Scott