.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

This is on the list but I can't promise I will be able to fix them for next version, it has already been very (very) time consuming to set all tanks to A3 standards (check page first post for changelog).

• Like 6

Hello there IFL team.

Would any of you happen to know what needs to be taken into account when creating custom cost tables for Zeus game mode?

I have one table created for Iron Front lite with IFL assets and placing individual soldiers as Zeus does subtract from the total amount of points the Zeus has available.

But when I place a group that consists of those same individual soldiers, no points get subtracted at all.

For reference I did create the following cost table with CSAT soldiers:

// Generated by BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable	
// [["A3_Characters_F"],"ods"] call BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable;	
_A3_Characters_F = [
	'O_Soldier_SL_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_LAT_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_TL_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_M_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_A_F',0.1,
	'O_Soldier_AR_F',0.1,
	'O_medic_F',0.1,
	'',0];

and when I place a group that consists of those soldiers the game sums up all the 0.1's and then subtracts that sum from the total amount of points the Zeus has available.

I'm a bit in a loss here... like is what I describe here a problem with Iron Front lite + Zeus or? Why doesn't the game sum up all the individual costs (placed for IFL assets) and subtract the sum like it does with vanilla A3 assets?

@ Asmodeuz

You can find the relevant scripts (fn_curatorObjectRegisteredTable.sqf, fn_curatorObjectRegistered.sqf, fn_exportCuratorCostTable.sqf) here:

.\a3\functions_f_curator\Curator

I haven't found how bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable_data is used when determining costs upon unit placement.

You can try to contact the BI developer Karel (PM or twitter), if he is open to tell you/us.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for this mod. Our clan had great fun playing with it.

However, we have some problems getting this mod to work with the ACE 3 Medical System. While the medical system while self-interacting works fine, the interaction with other players to bandage them seem to be broken. Bandaging someone (even multiple times) does not effect the state of the injured bodypart. I.e. a unconscious player bleeding from his head cant be healed since bandaging does nothing.

I am unsure if this is caused by IFA or ACE but i hope someone could help with this problem?

Please now use this topic or github for issues referring to ACE3 compatibility : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/195079-iron-front-in-arma3-ace3-compatibility-patch/or https://github.com/bux578/IFA3_ACE_COMPAT

About your particular issue Spideyyyy, I didn't notice anything on my side, can you please provide an RPT on one  of the previous link ?

Thanks

• Like 1

This mod just keeps getting better and better. Few questions, though; will we ever see a rearranging of the factions? As in US to BLUFOR, Germans to OPFOR, and Soviets to INDFOR? And will the tanks be made to have armor that's in keeping with A3 weapons? I expect that any A3 tank would easily pen them, and maybe the APCs would also pen them.

I dont want to say i doubt it for the change in factions but that would take alot of work as your not just changing the infantry, but the tanks, statics, cars, objects, ect,.

Then you need to consider alot of missions created created with this setup will break, so ideally it should stay the way it is.

The factions are setup how Iron front: Liberation 1944 game was laid out, really nothing has changed since the game.

@ brekiy

We will add the ability to use all factions all sides soon.

The upcoming update has the scripted system from AWAR replaced by using the new A3 system (to be followed by RAM).

• Like 3

ifalite team greetings, I have a cuestion, the ace compact is necessary to load cba-ifalite-TFR-ACE3.

thanks for all the work you are doing, sorry for my bad English.

Please keep up the good work and thanks for doing it, it is really appreciated. IF44 is the best Eastern Front WW2 tank sim on the planet and A3IF44 could soon take its place.

Thanks

Alan

When I use the Maxim, it seems like it just has a ridiculously slow fire rate. I can shoot faster with the semi-auto rifles than this thing. Is it intentional?

Maxim is a fairly slow MG...

The one in this video literally shoots faster than the one ingame. 

Also, is there a way to remove the heat haze when firing weapons?

@ brekiy

We will add the ability to use all factions all sides soon.

The upcoming update has the scripted system from AWAR replaced by using the new A3 system (to be followed by RAM).

This is good news and absolutely needed :))  Thx a lot for doing this !

Preview v12 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is another HUGE update - codename El 'the machine' Tyranos  ^_^ 

The update overview is coming in the next few days.

Special thanks also to Red Phoenix and Reyhard once again, as well as to volsukh, Furean,

Rowdy, Alan and Kerc for testing and feedback of the major tanks revision!

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 9

Fixed: adjustable sights in tanks - missing LIB_ tag for variables/classes of sights.

• Like 1

Fixed: adjustable sights in tanks - missing LIB_ tag for variables/classes of sights.

wonderful update!

• Like 1

Incredible huge work. Thank you very much!!!

• Like 2

Preview v12 hotfix 1 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Hotfix 1

• Added: partial Polish translation thanks to Zygzak191.
  • Added: backwards compatibility pbo with specific infantry textures in LIB\ namespace (low quality).
  • Fixed: MuzzleSlot definition of LIB_M1903A4_Springfield.
  • Fixed: T34-76 - AP shell tracer was black instead of green.
  • Fixed: SPG Crew cap has no headphones but show their shadow.
  • Fixed: Tank crew cap wrong color.
  • Fixed: US tank crew helmet visible in first person.
Updated link to All-In-One configs in the first post.

Added link to md5&sha1 hashes of the mod files for integrity verification.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 3

muzzleflash (zasleh) not part of selection maingun in all static mg42.

and is there crew standing on the pz4 and panther when placed in editor?

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting about MG42. Outside crew in eden is known, yet it seems to be BI's fault as CUP guys have the same issue. A trick is to move / rotate the tanks once you placed it in eden.

• Like 1