.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Did you try to change the date ? Sometimes moving 30 years ago fix some skybox/lighting issue

jntjw.jpg

I tried to go back as far as possible (I think around 1980 is max....sadly) No change!

I could try to go forward though!

Okay that did not do the trick.

However, putting the value up to about 97% (like zhaleks said) kinda does the trick. Together with some rain and fog it looks somewhat decent, but still a bit to "bright" in my opinion. But I think I can work with that.

100% is totally broken from the look of it.

Thanks for your help

Many greetings

Moony

Where are all the King of the Hill servers with this mod? did not played it for like two months now and today i tried to find a server, but there all gone... What happend? did I missed something?

Where are all the King of the Hill servers with this mod? did not played it for like two months now and today i tried to find a server, but there all gone... What happend? did I missed something?

Hello there

they do appear to be a bit slim on the ground at the moment, but try entering 1944 in your filter.

let me know if you find any first person servers.

Rdgs

LoK

Hello there

they do appear to be a bit slim on the ground at the moment, but try entering 1944 in your filter.

let me know if you find any first person servers.

Rdgs

LoK

There are no 1944 servers for me and 3 friends, even with the king of the hill filter... I loved the servers so much, they had a more realistic (and a better) gameplay, then the normal koth servers. More teamplay and things like this

Hopefully the koth creators read this and put the servers back online, it's boring without this gamemode

ACE compatibility for v11 is out

ADDED:

• Advanced ballistics compatibility
  • Cookoff compatibility
  • Rearm compatibility
  • Refuel compatibility
  • Repair compatibility
  • Disposable compatibility (Panzefaust 30)
  • Explosives compatibility
  • Hearing compatibility
  • Magazine repack compatibility
  • Overheating compatibility
  • Overpressure compatibility

https://github.com/bux578/IFA3_ACE_COMPAT/releases/tag/v11.0

This release is ACE 3.7.0 compatible

I hope you will enjoy.

please report issues and suggestions directly on GitHub

• Like 5

I dont want to come across as an unappreciative asshole but imo as much as I like ACE like the next guy we need an IFA3WarMod Compatibility now for all the new weapons, statics, vehicles, and tanks,

my mod actually adds content to IFA3 not Ace.

Is there a possibility that the IFA3 team could make that happen, I had already talked to Jegor and he said Wog guys need to update the stuff on their end,

I know too that its 3rd party content which is not the team's priority but seriously we are talking about a shit ton of content here that IFA3 will never have, nor make.

Who cares about Ace when you can play with this in IFA3:

================
New Weapons
================

• Mg30
  • Mg31
  • Mg34
  • MP38
  • MP41/r
  • MP18
  • MP28\II
  • MP35
  • PPS43
  • PTRD-41
  • FG42 German: Fallschirmjägergewehr 42, "paratrooper rifle 42" --->
  • K98 w/z41 scope
  • K98\Gewehrgranatgerat --->
  • Mp44\Gewehrgranantgerat
  • G43\Gewehrgranantgerat
  • SVT-40 w\scope
  • MP44 w\scope
  • Mosin Nagant w\Bramit Silencer
  • 1895 revolver Pistol w\Silencer
  • Lee Enfield Mk III / Lee Enfield Mk III w/Rail -
  • M1903A1, & M1903A1 with Unertl 8x Scope -
  • New Ammobox w\rifle attachments
  • See video that demonstrates these weapons

================================
New Statics, Tanks, & Vehicles
================================

• Panzer III Ausf.M
  • Panzer III Ausf.N
  • Panzer III Ausf.L Soviet
  • Sd.kfz 251 - w/now ability to shoot from back seats
  • Scout M3 - w/now ability to shoot from back seats
  • Russian Dshk
  • M1927 76mm Polk Gun
  • M2 50cal
  • Maxim M30
  • Kubalwagen with Mg42
  • R71-43 MotorCycle --->
  • Nebelwerfer 42
  • 7.5 cm Leichtgeschütz 40
  • Like 1

I dont want to come across as an unappreciative asshole but imo as much as I like ACE like the next guy we need an IFA3WarMod Compatibility now for all the new weapons, statics, vehicles, and tanks,

my mod actually adds content to IFA3 not Ace.

Is there a possibility that the IFA3 team could make that happen, I had already talked to Jegor and he said Wog guys need to update the stuff on their end,

I know too that its 3rd party content which is not the team's priority but seriously we are talking about a shit ton of content here that IFA3 will never have, nor make.

Who cares about Ace when you can play with this in IFA3:

I made a local compatibility for your MG34 / PTRD for fun one day, most of it is :

- change textures path in models, only you can do it

- change inheritance to LIB base weapons, it's pretty simple

- clean up a bit deprecated values, it's the hardest part but it goes generally well, I had issues with PTRD but MG34 took me like 5 minutes

As you say, I am personnally totally not available at all at the moment, as I'm refactoring all tanks. Anyway, I don't see this could be done by compatibility patch as paths themselves must be changed in models, you can't really make a single p3d/config combo for 2 different games.

EDIT : ACE is used by most of the milsim community, so a ACE compatibility is as worth as new content, as it allow them to use the most gameplay overhauling addon of their modset fully.

@ Gunter Severloh

You need to talk to WoG and convince them. Only once they decide to move the new version,

it makes sense to put in the time to assist with the porting.

@ Gunter Severloh

You need to talk to WoG and convince them. Only once they decide to move the new version,

it makes sense to put in the time to assist with the porting.

I thought their new content was made for A3 and not IF as evidenced by their damage models they used for the new tanks and vehicles Gunter has implemented in his warmod.

Anyways, I agree with Gunter's post above, why cant Tyranos import those new models used in the warmod and made by WOG into IFA3 lite if they are already configured to be used in A3 with A3's model rules?

Looking forward to be able to use tanks again in IFA3.

@ rowdied

It is quite simple. Our focus is the core mod IFA3. This has the highest priority.

Most/much of the new content in Guntner's pack is from WoG. They decide not us.

We have already offered our assistance, yet only once WoG decides to move the new LITE,

it makes sense for us to put time into this. We certainly don't do the porting work twice.

And just to be clear: IFA3 cannot integrate 3rd party content.

• Like 1

Does this mean that I don't have to move pbos out from the ACE folder to make them compatible with IFA3 Lite?

Also, do I just run @IFA3_ACE_Compat alongside the others?

e.g. @CBA_A3; @IFA3_Lite; @ACE3; @IFA3_ACE_Compat

Finally, for the uninitiated, what is WoG? World of Geeks?

Does this mean that I don't have to move pbos out from the ACE folder to make them compatible with IFA3 Lite?

Also, do I just run @IFA3_ACE_Compat alongside the others?

e.g. @CBA_A3; @IFA3_Lite; @ACE3; @IFA3_ACE_Compat

Finally, for the uninitiated, what is WoG? World of Geeks?

This is totally independant from ACE itself (unlike RHS compatibility for example, that you have to move from ace folders). So you can run it alongside like in your example, or move pbos in your community pack, what I personnaly do, in combination with A3Sync so that users have less folders to interact with, and less things to do when I remove addons.

WOG (Weekly Open Games) is a Russian community that play IF on a large scale PvP (usually around 120 players if I'm correct, so it's a big and influent community) - https://wogames.info/

However, they still play on old Iron Front Full, which is not updated anymore and has been replaced by IFA3 Lite. So this leads to incompatibilities between the addon they use and IFA3 Lite.

Hello there

The WoG mod also adds a load of extra kit and vehicles etc.

Its rather impressive. (although I actually prefer the LITE version as some of the WoG design decisions are not to my taste)

I *can* fully understand the ACE compatibility fix as ACE is an "Industry Standard" amongst many mod using communities, much like TFR etc. Plus, how much work was it time/resource wise?

That said, I do look forward to any external mods like Gunters as it does add a sprinkle of sexyness, but I can see it having a lower priority than ACE in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously, I too would love to have all those added assets as it gives me a "WoG" experience without drastically changing gameplay and is suitable for both MP *and* SP, as WoG is more biased toward MP play IMHO.

Anything that adds to IFL gets a huge thumbs up from me!

Rgds

LoK

I made a local compatibility for your MG34 / PTRD for fun one day, most of it is :

- change textures path in models, only you can do it

- change inheritance to LIB base weapons, it's pretty simple

- clean up a bit deprecated values, it's the hardest part but it goes generally well, I had issues with PTRD but MG34 took me like 5 minutes

I will look at the configs and such this weekend, if anything if i need help maybe you point out some things and I can fix at least the infantry weapons as there is only so many with issues,

aside a small textures on a couple of guns, the few issues is something with the soldier not holding the weapon and his arms sticking off to the side.

I do understand about Ace, as their mod is already in my WarMod, but i know alot of fans of my mod would love to be able to use the new content with IFA3Lite.

As for Wog, I already sent Shvetz a message, and spoke with Jegor on steam briefly, the other thing is Im working with DasOden on 2 statics which

was his work anyways so we'll get those straightened out, and maybe some other things, so in due time, none the less keep up the good work.

@Kju i will have that info you need for Ragnarok'44 this week, I'll prob work on it tomorrow (Thurs) Btw Rydygier told me that Ragnarok'44 uses

Hetman for its AI, and said that if he didn't add that, the Ai really wouldn't do anything, and also for the Arma3 version for IFA3 that is, Hetman for A3

would need to be installed, I'll add that info of what he said when I last talked with him in Pm with the info.

Is the ACe compatibility going to work with ACE's latest patch? or do you guys need to update with ace and then do your adjustments for compatibility with their new version?

Don't hesitate to contact me on discord if you need any help for your configs. Anim issues are ultra-simple to fix, it's only a deprecated path, as textures. Infantry weapon will take no longer than a few hours to convert.

Now you don't have to include ACE, just make your content ACE compatible (most of it is silent in configs and don't need more files)

About our ACe compat, it's already compatible with ACE latest version, we don't ACE to modify anything, everything is on our side. And you should not include it in warmod, just take care of your content as I deal with the whole Iron Front part on this matter ;) Plus it will confuse users if they have multiple sources for a same file.

IF3 is such an incredible mod. Very talented people! Thank you. 

I recently had a weird issue with a mission I made for IF3 Lite. I built the mission in Eden - it worked fine in SP/MP testing - I then exported to SW.

However a few days later I tried to open the mission file in the editor to make some changes - but I'm getting a missing content error: LIB_Megagoth1702_Sounds_us_rifle_m1garand.

My IF3 Lite mod is via SW subscription - so it's up to date and I've done a repair on it in case it was corrupt.

Any idea what could cause this error and when it might be fixed - I assume it's some incorrectly configured asset I loaded into a units loadout? 

@ Rick0Shay

This is due a mishap of our sound designer.

We planned to release a hotfix this week syned with the 1.64 update.

As it has been delayed, we have to see when to release the hotfix.

• Like 2

Great - had same issue - thanks folks!

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I have been working many hours per day for more than a week now. Sit down and take a deep breath !

@El Tyranos, you should to change your nick on El Workhorsos  ;)  But seriously it's very impresive work. Thank you for your commitment and I really appreciate it.

• Like 4

Next update was supposed to happen with 1.64, however, we decided to delay it until tanks are done. The biggest part remaining is tweaking ammo/armor values to make something realistic, polish FFV and hunt some bugs. All tanks have already made it to A3 standards and behave waaaaaay better with physx.

• Like 8

Next update was supposed to happen with 1.64, however, we decided to delay it until tanks are done. The biggest part remaining is tweaking ammo/armor values to make something realistic, polish FFV and hunt some bugs. All tanks have already made it to A3 standards and behave waaaaaay better with physx.

How about broken  manual zeroing on tanks?

• Like 1