.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Thanks for this new release !! :)

I did a quick test on Omaha and had a really weird bug:

- I'm playing as LIB_GER_mgunner

- INDEP are hostile to BLUFOR

- I have a US infantry group in front of me ( LIB_US_smgunner, LIB_US_mgunner, LIB_US_medic, LIB_US_corporal ...etc), 40 m away

I'm detected as hostile but not fired at except if I'm standing 1m away in front of a US guy (being on the side is not enought to be attacked).

Every 30 sec (about), some guys are sending grenades to try to kill me.

Mods: CBA, IF v10.

Repro mission available.

Am I doing something wrong ?

might be a conflict with CBA? I run IFA3 without it on dev and have not seen such behaviour

Preview v10 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is another BIG update.  ^_^ 

The overview is coming later tonight/tomorrow.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

I thank very much the whole team for release big update. :)

• Like 1

My god look at the size of that update!

The changelog is MASSIVE.

Thanks so much to all the team.

My clan and I look forward to more hours on the battelfield.

I'd like to buy each of you a crate of real ale.

might be a conflict with CBA? I run IFA3 without it on dev and have not seen such behaviour

tested on 1.62 without CBA: exact same bug.

I was wondering if you guys had a list of all the units/vehicles you guys have added since the project went from the conversion to the LITE formatting. I want to update WLA to make full use of all of your guys work (especially everything you've done in the last update, great work), but I don't want to go through each unit and write down its name and cross reference every unit to the list of units already being used. And Awla is set up already to fully use all the stuff from the conversion of IF.

Thanks

• Like 1

@ 1212PDMCDMPPM

Please create a task/bug report in our issue tracker (link in the 1st post).

Also attach the mission please and any other useful info.

@ Transflux

Will update the class list in the 1st post later today and attach a recent AIO config.

@ 1212PDMCDMPPMPlease create a task/bug report in our issue tracker (link in the 1st post).Also attach the mission please and any other useful info.@ TransfluxWill update the class list in the 1st post later today and attach a recent AIO config.

Awesome kju, thank you and great work.

• Like 1

Don't read something into it that isnt true. The model quality is still as high as before.

Also read about the plans on the damage system in the first post and dont post wrong conclusions.

It was based on the the wording of dmorok's reply, whereas I found lodu's explanation comprehensive and it more than satisfies my (already muted) concern. I also already saw the OP mention about the damage system, and as I already indicated in reply to Gunter's elaboration I wasn't unhappy about this... this is still the Eastern Front mod in this game to date thanks to you and others! :D

I'm getting some crashes when spawning some stuff in the editor. It might be a conflict with something else I'm running though seeing as no one's reporting it. I'll have a look and see if I can narrow it down tomorrow.

@ chortles

Just don't read into people's words what is not there and don't make statements if you don't know or understand the details. Thanks.

@ Transflux

Use the latest performance branch/exe, and submit the crashes to Dwarden.

@ chortlesJust don't read into people's words what is not there and don't make statements if you don't know or understand the details. Thanks.@ TransfluxUse the latest performance branch/exe, and submit the crashes to Dwarden.

Haven't tried the performance exe, though I think it causes issues with other mods? I'll check it out and see if that fixes the issues. I really want to get an IFA WLA scenario up and running with all your guys work.

@ Transflux

It's not about "fixing the issue", but Dwarden/BI only wants crash logs from the latest version.

@ Transflux

What else you running besides @IFA3Lite?,

Because if your running other mods, normally the standar procedure is to remove the mod, or one mod at a time until the crash ceases, of course you can look at your rpt logs all day

long and guess with all the mods your running or just yank a mod a ta time and see what happens if after your run IFA3 Lite and if you still get crashes then its either something with the game,

or even your computer cant say then at that point, ask Kju said submit your crash report.

Been modding since Morrowind. I know the standard procedure for finding conflicts. And no offense but if that's all its for then I'm not really going to worry about it. I'm sure it's just something in my list I forgot to take out.

@ Transflux

As offered before (didn't I?) best join our discord to get assistance/support. :)

• Like 2

Yeah you did kju, I've just been incredibly lazy about joining it haha. I'll join it tonight

It is only me or GMC trucks (USA faction) do not have engine sounds ? Thx for the great mod ! , best regards to whole mod team. pawel

I had a few questions about the difference between the lite and full version. It said the textures and the missions were different? Did you mean the terrain, house objects or players, weapons and vehicles? If we buy the full version, can we just import or copy the textures pbo over to the lite folder?

Also are there any coop missions? If there are no single player missions, coop would be a good way to get into the game for me.

@Valken

Refer to the 1st post on the thread it explains what IFA3 Lite is and has, as well as info related to missions ect,.

Just a quick run down for you to save you time:

difference between the lite and full version

Difference is textures and support, to start IFA3 full converted version requires Iron front the game, then you need to follow this tutorial

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/gunters-ifa3-installation-tutorial-7751413?&trail=15

which will guide you to converting your IF to a mod for arma3.

Now IFA3 Full converted version requires other mods which you can download on that tutorial, as well as a sky fix as latest arma3 updates, about 3-4 of them ago broke the skies for all the IF maps.

Basically to sum it up IFA3 full converted version is the full iron front game converted to a mod for arma3 as Iron front uses a version of the arma2OA engine.

With IFA3 lite which is this thread you have one download, and no other required files, you are still playing with the full game except reduced texture quality and this is for a reason, but the advantage

is you get better performance and IFA3 Lite is constantly being updated and supported by a full team of well known modders, one of them being the lead manager of the whole team Kju

As for your other questions:

Did you mean the terrain, house objects or players, weapons and vehicles?

Whole game.

Also are there any coop missions? If there are no single player missions, coop would be a good way to get into the game for me.

1st page of this thread as mentioned if you scroll down has links to various missions as well as a link to my website

http://www.missionrepository.com/

which has all the sp, coop, campaign,s textures, mods, ect,. for IF, IFA2, and IFA3 versions, the website is everything for Iron front.

If we buy the full version, can we just import or copy the textures pbo over to the lite folder?

No dont work like that nor will it if you tried, you need to convert IF to a mod in order for IF to run in Arma3 follow my tutorial for that, I would suggest reviewing the thread Chortles linked before

you do on why you should not buy Iron front, and why we dont support the conversion process anymore

• Like 1

Great Mod, so far major issues I found as follow:

1. All maps do not have mapsize config (eg, staszów s/b: mapsize=16384)

2. Nights are very dark - no possible to play witout NVG...

3. Search Lights do not work at nights (no light source)

4. GMC US cars do not have engine sounds (only start engine sound)

regards.

@ pawelkpl

US trucks and P47 plane are still to be ported to PhysX.

BI broke the simulation for non PhysX cars and tanks (including sound) since A3 alpha and hasnt fixed it since.

mapSize will be set in the next update.

We are still waiting for the docu from BI and their 2nd revision of the new lighting system before we waste any time there.

Searchlights are bugged/WIP.

• Like 1

HI Folks,

Had a Stuka bomb the heck out of my mechanized infantry squad last weekend - I watched the bomb come right at me - couldn't look away - controlled by ALiVE Military Commander Module - scared the bejesus out of me... HAH - Guess they work...

:)

Now if you could only have the Stuka do a true dive bomb with the siren screaming like a banshee...

IF3L seems to play nice with ALiVE - a huge plus in my book...

Thanks for all your efforts !!!

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

HI Folks,

Had a Stuka bomb the heck out of my mechanized infantry squad last weekend - I watched the bomb come right at me - couldn't look away - controlled by ALiVE Military Commander Module - scared the bejesus out of me... HAH - Guess they work...

:)

IF3L seems to play nice with ALiVE - a huge plus in my book...

Thanks for all your efforts !!!

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not in Alive but same thing happened to me yesterday and it single handedly brought my love back to this series - exhilarating death