.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Awesome work, keep it up! :)

Quick question, would it be possible to wrap the changelogs in a spoiler tag and/or sort them in a descending order? It's becoming quite the list to scroll through. ^^

Hey guys,

made two single player missions for iron front. I used the terrain Pecher which I think makes a decent world war 2 urban terrain.
Working on a few more missions for IF and Pecher at the moment

Stalingrad sniper.v1
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=723783464

Stalingrad factories v1
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722222284

mods required

CBA 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997&searchtext=cba 
Pecher (island) 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708597484&searchtext=pecher 
CUP core 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184&searchtext=cup+core 
IFA lite 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283

They're not completely in finished state, but should be quite playable.

@ marceldev89

Fair point. Will consider it.

• Like 1

@Gunter Severloh

Why not making your SA content avaible for the ifa lite team? your content would reach some more players and would give us some more content for a good gameplay.

(your r75 would give the german side at koth 1944 a little chance (mobility and firepower) against the soviet m3 xD)

Because its not my content to begin with, all the content i have acquired permissions from other modders to include in my mod, if IFA3 Lite team wanted that content

in IFA3 Lite then they need to seek out permissions as I did.

Best just make the content compatible and run it as a mod along with IFA3 Lite.

Quick question - we just download the 6 or 7 files for the full mod on your site - correct ? There is no special version for IF3L ?

Also - I noticed the improved weapon stability feature posted in a video on your site... I'd like to use your package however I'd like the ability to disable that feature - is it easy to do ?

Scottdog

Use the thread on IF Fan forums for all questions regarding my IFA3WarMod

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-release-7555594?trail=15

since your on that forum, or use the one here on Bis forums

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184291-ifa3warmod-release/

Preview v9 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is basically just a maintenance update.

The next update is gonna be a bigger one again.  :ph34r: 

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

zeroing on Tanks are still WIP?

@ sammael

What do you mean?

@ sammael

What do you mean?

zeroing on tanks not working for me...When I try to ("pgup""pgdn") zeroing not working

Hey guys

Have you guys though of adding a rattle sound when geared units are running?

The sounds of there canteens and shovels and other gear rattling as they move .

we are looking for people motivated to help us with promotion (screenshots, videos, texts)

if you are interested, please send me a PM :)

• Like 1

I've been interested in having WW2 back in ARMA since I use to love I44 but I'm really confused. So Iron Front is no longer being ported to ARMA 3 but is instead being made a mod or is it being developed as a standalone again?

Yes, the former way that Iron front was brought into Arma3 was you had to download a conversion tool that IFR Team (my former team in 2013) and Kju developed and convert your IF game to a mod.

Then you had to download other required mods and then you can play IF in Arma3.

The former way is the full resolution version of the mod some people still do this, if your still interested in doing this then follow my tutorial:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/gunters-ifa3-installation-tutorial-7751413?&trail=15

Now Kju and team has done away with the whole needing of the conversion process and it has become a standalone mod, the 1st page on this thread will explain more.

• Like 1

BM-13 MLRS spreads rockets randomly right after launch

7CFC118529F8B663F8F987A6973FDC26FFD36B15

The bottom explosions are from rockets going from "muzzle" straight down...

• Like 1

Some new v10 spoilers are hidden in my previous screens and those ones...

jm6vouOl.png syqpo78l.png

...  as well as unseen here but good news for ACE 3 users  :ph34r:

• Like 7

Preview v10 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.
Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is another BIG update.  ^_^ 
The overview is coming later tonight/tomorrow.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 10

Nice changelog there for v10; should I be of the understanding that in essence an Iron Front-style vehicular damage system was dropped for vanilla A3-style vehicular damage with the cited vehicles, or...? Also, what's going on with the "simplified" models for the SdKfz251 and Scout M3?

yes - vanilla a3 damage system istead of old complex dmg system. why ? because old system ported from a2 to ifl1944 to a3 caused huge fps drop and memory leak.

in future plans - redo complex system and optimise with a3.

simplified models - less resurce dependent. more vehicles less lags. poly, lods etc.

simplified models - less resurce dependent. more vehicles less lags. poly, lods etc.

Darn, so lower quality models by design as the default and not just 'because this is LITE'? If it saves some frames... :/ On the other hand, while I imagine that the vehicular damage system was part of the appeal for some players (was it that scripted in the standalone game?) it's good to hear that we can at least expect improved framerate/stability.

was it that scripted in the standalone game?

Yes and more so because the whole tank would blow apart down to the chasis with all the parts strewn all over, the configs were full of scripts, in Arma3 performance is a must,

what im really after is tank physics stability, so when you drive the tank its jot jerking back and forth like it was in the full converted version, as long as it smokes and burns

thats good enough for me.

Just remember you can still play Full version if you wish with all its requirements, you'll even need the dark sky fix Kju and I put together just to have IF maps

with normal skies, ther eis also IFA2, and of course IF itself which have the features where the tanks do blow a part.

I'm not too bothered; I had thought that the appeal was in more realistic damage/armor and not just visuals, but it's understandable to give that up if the framerate difference is that great -- and as you said, "when you drive the tank its jot jerking back and forth like it was in the full converted version". As far as the two vehicles I mentioned, I suppose it's not so bad if the change was to the resolution LODs and not the view LODs...?

Darn, so lower quality models by design as the default

Don't read something into it that isnt true. The model quality is still as high as before.

Also read about the plans on the damage system in the first post and dont post wrong conclusions.

to make things clear: I kept the models from the original game "iron front", with the same number of polygons for the first lods (on average up to the third) and I optimized the fourth lod and often created the fifth was missing and his absence caused a lot of lag, due to the high number of polygons present in the fourth model in lod (plus the scripts used to damage system on vehicles).

To summarize: for the infantry, or for aircraft and light weapons and static, there was a big optimization, without altering the original models, which retain their original appearance.

Some assets, including aircraft, but also many others from other assets often used by players, like the characters, had too many polygons in their last lod.

In addition, independently of the polygonal optimization, a visual optimizing a lod to another was also made, so that the passage of a lod to another, when the game engine perform this action, much more fluid and unobtrusive and does not cause visual break.

This helps in visual fluidity that was added by "BIS" to improve the visualization tanoa vegetation: this is complementary.

All this allows, I still recalls once, without deterioration of the quality of original models of the game, to have more objects on the screen to be able to represent the theater of WW2 that showed masses of men and field vehicles. :)

• Like 5

Thanks for this new release !! :) 

I did a quick test on Omaha and had a really weird bug:

- I'm playing as LIB_GER_mgunner

- INDEP are hostile to BLUFOR

- I have a US infantry group in front of me ( LIB_US_smgunner, LIB_US_mgunner, LIB_US_medic, LIB_US_corporal ...etc), 40 m away

I'm detected as hostile but not fired at except if I'm standing 1m away in front of a US guy (being on the side is not enought to be attacked).

Every 30 sec (about), some guys are sending grenades to try to kill me.

Mods: CBA, IF v10.

Repro mission available.

Am I doing something wrong ?