.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Question: Where are the IFL3 ammo boxes to resupply troops ???

Hey Scott I think I may be able to answer that.  In the Editor look under Objects\Props\Supplies\Military and everything in there pertains to this mod.  I hope this is what you were looking for.

Hi Gerhart,

Thanks for taking the time to respond - let me take a look...

:)

Regards,
Scott

@ scottb613

Make sure to check out Iron Front - ALIVE by Chewdog.

@ sammael

How about you provide more details and context? Otherwise no one can help you.

@ gerhart

As linked in the first post: http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com

@ histeria6363

Get in points are very fine grained. In other words you must be in the right position to get it.

Maybe a mission to visualize them would be a good idea?

@ scottb613

Make sure to check out Iron Front - ALIVE by Chewdog.

@ sammael

How about you provide more details and context? Otherwise no one can help you.

"D:\Games\Arma 3 APEX\arma3.exe" -cpuCount=8 -maxvram=2049 -noPause -maxMem=4096 -exThreads=7 -noSplash -mod=@CBA_A3;@IFA3LITE;@IFA3WarMod

I`m on Arma 3 last dev version. Same problem without @IFA3WarMod.. 

Self-propelled gun`s zeroing work fine

and

d9cef4680ef2.jpg

85827a82bdcf.jpg

@ sammael

Remove @IFA3WarMod - its for the old IFA3 version. Needs a new version/update for IFA3LITE.

Hi Kju,

I tried that scenario by Chew Dog - the intro by George C. Scott was very cool... Guy was a GREAT actor...

Sorry - a bit lost from the start - I'm unarmed and I can't find an weapon box to even get a gun... What am I supposed to do after the speech ?

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ scottb613

Best add him in steam and talk to him directly. :)

Are there plans to remove the scripted armor system and use something like Real Armor Mod? If you put up any vanilla tank against these the vanilla ones will get destroyed.

@ sammael

Just remove aia_effects_if.pbo in @IFA3WarMod addons folder, the error message you get is telling you what file in the mod that requires @IFA3 which is not being used in IFA3 Lite.

Are there plans to remove the scripted armor system and use something like Real Armor Mod? If you put up any vanilla tank against these the vanilla ones will get destroyed.

Yes there are.

I just hope Kju and the gang can keep the destructive models intact ie/ tank turrets and fenders blowing off etc...

@ breeki

Yes high prio task. See first post.

@ sammael

Just remove aia_effects_if.pbo in @IFA3WarMod addons folder, the error message you get is telling you what file in the mod that requires @IFA3 which is not being used in IFA3 Lite.

I try with IFA3WarMod. Then I try with @IFA3WarModSA. Then i try only CBA and @IFA3LITE. When I try to ("pgup""pgdn") zeroing not working

983ba3950164.jpg

Thanks very much, an easy to install IFA mod. Some stuff in terrain is rather low res... But still, lovely. The FPS are excellent, dev branch/APEX probably also helps because BIS worked a lot on LOD etc.

I try with IFA3WarMod. Then I try with @IFA3WarModSA.

Its IFA3Lite issue tanks are still WIP.

Only difference between the 2 mods not IFA3 Lite, is the content, IFA3WarMod is gameplay mods, new tanks, infantry weapons, statics, & vehicles, the SA version is the same minus the gameplay,

neither mod effect tanks accept one file that changes the penetration values aside that theres nothing in either mod that effect tanks.

Some stuff in terrain is rather low res

Because IFA3 lite is a low rez mod, hence the word Lite in the name, other wise you would need the Iron front game itself to convert to get high rez textures.

@Gunter Severloh

Why not making your SA content avaible for the ifa lite team? your content would reach some more players and would give us some more content for a good gameplay.

(your r75 would give the german side at koth 1944 a little chance (mobility and firepower) against the soviet m3 xD)

I've registered to that site kju but for the life of me I can't find the area for this mod on there so I have to ask this here.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a significant decrease in sounds on this update.  Yea some of the sounds for the effects and guns sounds great but there are others that are either missing or so low I can't hear them at all.  One such area is the planes, I can't barely hear the engines while in them or when they are flying over and their guns.  The US vehicles have the engine startup sounds but not no engine sounds while traveling but their Russian counterparts have all the sounds associated with the same vehicles.  ( Note: Us vehicles have always been missing their sounds I just found it odd that the Russian equivalents have their sounds )

I just played a Blitzkrieg mission, Clear Sky and it was hauntingly quiet but I had a huge battle going on around me.  I only noticed this now because this was the first time on version 8 that I fired up a mission with vehicles otherwise I would have noticed sooner.

Hi Gunter,

Quick question - we just download the 6 or 7 files for the full mod on your site - correct ? There is no special version for IF3L ?

Also - I noticed the improved weapon stability feature posted in a video on your site... I'd like to use your package however I'd like the ability to disable that feature - is it easy to do ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

@ gerhart

What site are you referring to?

Please upload the rpt log file when you have issues.

@ scottb613

Mods for the old IFA3 version are not (fully) compatible to the new LITE at the moment.

We are changing some deep level stuff. Only once that is finished, it will make sense to port the mods.

Hi Kju,

Ahh - ok - as always - thanks for your help...

:)

Regards,

Scott

I was referring to this that you linked http://phabricator.arma3-ww2-projects.bitnamiapp.com/

I'm going to feel like a fool if I wasn't suppose to register but I've had 48 years of being a fool so it's nothing new  :D

Will the sounds not working show up in the rpt?  The vehicles I'm referring to are all of the wheeled vehicles on the US side, they have no engine sounds when driving them.  The same vehicles that are on the Russian side do have all of their sounds.  I spent some time depboing and derapifing files and taking a look in them to see if I could find the problem but I'll be the first to admit that I'm rather lost in this game.

Even though I spent several years working on different mods for battlefield 2/2142 and doing AI coding this is total different.  That was nothing to figure out on your own but this is a different story.  I wish I knew what I was doing or looking for because I have plenty of free time since my heart attack and this gives me something to occupy my mind.  Hell I even spent some time having fun making textures for the lcpdfr mod, that was extremely simple to do.  I know they're silly but hey why not http://www.lcpdfr.com/gallery/album/1945-gerhart6739s-custom-textures/  Ok I'm rambling now so I'll stop.

@ gerhart
Top-right on the + you can add task:
https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/default/

Maniphest is the issue/task list:

https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/maniphest/

Filter are on the left side in the menu.

Feed shows activity:
https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/feed/

Dashboard gives an overview and can be customized:
https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/dashboard/

> Will the sounds not working show up in the rpt?
If sound files are actually missing yes.

> wheeled vehicles on the US side
See known issues in the first post

> I wish I knew what I was doing or looking for
If you want to learn it, best to join our discord and the official arma one. :)

Preview v9 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

This is basically just a maintenance update.

The next update is gonna be a bigger one again.  :ph34r: 

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 3