.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Well, I have to say that this mod is awesome :D

But there is one major problem in my eyes, i used the mod to create a life mission that plays in the years of the war. with the last update (v7) i cant use it anymore. if i get into a vehicle, it fucks up my keyHandler, that means, that i cant do anything on my server. no menu or function is avaible, until i do a little relog, then i'm able to use every funktion again.. until i get into a vehicle of the mod...

please find and fix this (in my eyes stupid) error, thanks

@ in005

we are aware of the DEH issue but were unable to find the exact source so far.

if you can provide a simple, reliable repo that would should allow us to fix it.

a workaround is to add a dummy DEH at mission start before your own DEH.

PS: if your game mode/server is public, you are welcome to share it (here or in discord) :)

• Like 1

So nice to see IF back in Arma 3. Haven't yet checked this version but this weekend is very rainy so need to test and join the Discord server.

@.kju Are you consider to add ACE3 compatibility to your amazing mod in near future?  

Regards!

@.kju i dont know why and how, but the problem solved itselfs, i think there wasn't something loaded right, but it only happend while entering your vehicles  :o  :P  :blink:

now I'm happy again  :D

I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue.  When I go to run a mission or open the Editor I get this popping up ( No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.Male01EN'. )  This is also stopping my server from running any missions.

I can run a mission on my gaming system because I can acknowledge/close the error but not on my server.  Thank you for any help.

@ gerhart

sounds like you are using the old IFA3 conversion version, right?

I own the original iron front 1944 game, is there any way to use those textures with this instead of the low res ones?

@ gerhart

sounds like you are using the old IFA3 conversion version, right?

Nope this is the new one you have up.  For some reason I had issues getting the conversion to work for A3 but for A2 it was perfect.  When you came out with this version I immediately grabbed it up.

EDIT: Side note.  When updating your lite version I've been overwriting instead of deleting and installing, that may be the issue since some things can get messed up doing this.  I will, right now, delete the mod and install v7 only to see if this corrects the issue.

@ Airwolf

nope

@ gerhart

Male01EN was removed in an earlier update. i can double check tomorrow,

yet more likely you have a legacy pbo loaded or some outdated dependency in mission (unlikely).

@.kju I'm so sorry for the false alarm.  I deleted the mod and put a fresh v7 in both the server/gaming system and they are fine with the previous issue I reported.  I'm really sorry about that I should have reinstalled in the first place instead of thinking it was a mod error.  I do have some other issues but I need to take a fresh look into them to make sure I don't cry wolf again.

I do want to thank you and everyone involved with this mod for doing it and working on it.  I wish there was a way I could help out but I don't know what I could do to move the process along.  Thanks also for the quick response.

• Like 2

no worries :)

I don't know how to discribe it better, but what's the hell is wrong with the vehicle lights? ^^

F54D2A5DBD4F63C640B2E9D967018734E1A752ED

Hello, If not already mentioned, take up much space explosives in backpacks, can only carry an explosive charge, is there any way to fix this or not. Ty

Since this mod aims at combining IF into Arma3, will the armor system be compatible with other non-IF units in the future?

lugiahua

Yes. Its a high priority task and Shvetz is hard at work with good progress.

See the first post for more details.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's intentional feature or a glitch,

when this mod is active, all infantry helmet night vision devices are disabled, but vehicle and scope are still working.

lugiahua

Not quite sure what you mean.

We have hidden NV, GPS and other modern items from arsenal and editor. Nothing else.

Sorry, let me phrase it better

When I have this mod actived, I can't use night vision goggles even playing as a modern/vanilla soldier in non-IF missions.

Is this an intentional design or a glitch?

As said aside from hiding it from the editor i cant think of anything we have done.

It could be an engine glitch that this also makes the items unusable altogether..

Hi Folks,

Wow - superb effort - I had set this up the old way in A3 and it was a bit of a pain.... Thanks so much !

Anyone using this with ALiVE ? I tried using the faction names listed on the ALiVE Wiki for the old IF - but they don't seem to work for me... Have the faction names been changed at all ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

scottb613

Check out Iron Front - ALIVE by Chewdog.

The ALiVE docu is outdated. We have change the relevant classes (vehicleClass and cfgGroups) to use the default BI system and therefore the remapping is no longer necessary.

• Like 1

Hi Kju,

Thanks for the prompt response - I'll check the link you posted...

I'm not sure I fully understand your response... With the old IF3 - we would have to specify the faction listed below so ALiVE would know what units to populate on the field... I tried using these names and they don't seem to work... Are there new names and if so - would you have a list ?

LIB_LUFTWAFFE

LNRD_Luft

LIB_PANZERWAFFE

LIB_WEHRMACHT

SG_STURM

LIB_RKKA

LIB_USSR_AIRFORCE

LIB_USSR_TANK_TROOPS

LIB_GUER

LIB_US_AIRFORCE

LIB_US_ARMY

LIB_US_TANK_TROOPS