.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

The Full version is not available and supported at the moment.

Full and Lite are not compatible at the moment.

As already said it's not possible at the moment. We're looking for a solution that could make everyone happy, but it will need some more time.

Meanwhile we're working hard on the config\script side to make your ww2 experience even better.

Let me quickly quote me from the previous page.

Plus what dmorok says

FredBurton

that pbo should not be in addons by default and is not needed on the server either.

do you have preview v4?

Yes i downlaoded it from the Steam Workshop. I deleted this and alle the other hide_from_editor pbo's but then there are other pbo's that can't be open. for example the lib_dlc_animationsweapons file.

I'm currently downloading the mod from Play With Six and will have a try to make it work that way.

Is there anything different in setting up this mod then others?

Any improvements being worked on the US vehicle sound bugs so far?

Hello there

I cant speak with any authority, but im sure they're aware of it as it was also an issue in the other IFL A3 conversion.

As to the earlier poster with regards to purchasing IFL, well, I feel your pain as I own several copies and haven't used them since the "Pumpkin" patch was fixed just as the game collapsed. However in this very thread it's been noted that it would be "nice" to have the high fidelity stuff but these things take time.

Lots of time. Patience is key.

We now have a mostly working version of IFL, of which the masses can get to grips with, and that's a huge achievement.

For now put your purchase aside and rest assured,*if* we can use it for HD loveliness the team will do it's best to do so. They're fans to after all and are probably original IFL owners as many of us are.

Rdgs

LoK

Will the full version and the lite version be compatible with one another? This new King Of The Hill Iron Front looks great but I don't want to have to download the lite version to play it as that makes my recent purchase and support for the project redundant if I can't use the higher textures and sounds on public servers.

So basically are you guys going to continue to support the full version and will it be compatible on public server with the Lite version?

Unlikely, as it seems the new LITE version is removing some of the scripted functionality in IF, such as parts falling of or the armor system. I don't know if you've used the old IF Full mod with other mods or vanilla content, but if you have you would have noticed that vanilla AT or even vehicles doesn't do damage to the Iron Front tanks at all, none of ARMA 3 weapons did as the system in Iron Front was scripted.

Seems like this is increasingly difficult to support and it makes it very difficult for mod compability across mods, so I can understand the decition. Sad though, really sad.

I have an original Iron front. Is there any way to make this lite to full version with easy way from that?

Nope not yet. Hopefully soon.

Is this standalone mod for arma3, does it require Iron Front game installed to play??

No

1. Is Lite, MP compatible or I need full version  to play MP ?

2. Where do I find full Iron front and what other mods do I need, example CBA3 ?

3. For hosting server, do I need Iron front full version?

The new LITE can be used for MP of course. For state on old converted see this post.

The current conversion installation process and patches are very complicated and many have found the process difficult, and often give up. It can be challenging to find individuals to help to get the game working.

Would it be possible to create something along their type of system to use with Ironfront?

(might be an easier solution than the conversion tool, have a database set up where files are kept ready for download - bypass the conversion process)

Yes and this is one of the main reasons why we decided to stop support to the converted version.

We will consider a custom launcher, yet mainly for a dedicated server browser. This largely depends on BI improving theirs or not.

The last part is obviously not possible.

we can copy over to get those lovely hi res textures and sounds for us original owners.

Not possible no. One reason why we adapted the new data structure to allow this in the future with the new native FULL/HQ version.

So just to be sure: You're telling us that the full version is no longer supported for now?

We're supposed to switch to lower textures even if we have purchased the game in order to be able to play on servers and such?

If that's the case, you should probably update the main post. It states that they are still compatible.

Agreed. Done. For details see this post.

Sorry, but is this not on Armaholic?

They don't want to mirror us even though we have given them/everyone permission to do so.

Can I ask what is going to happen with the full mod?

Will the full version and the lite version be compatible with one another? 

See this post.

This actually raises a question of mine as well, I am unable to join servers running the lite version when I have the full version on and it bothers me because... well I like my HD assets, if there is anything y'all can do to help out those with the full version it would be appreciated. 

See the response above.

Well there should be a way rather easily. Back in the day people running All In ArmA Terrain Pack Full could join servers and play with people running All In ArmA Terrain Pack LITE. I see no reason why Iron Front couldn't do the same. Especially when you have people buying Iron Fron specifically to play the mod.

No there is not (for technical reasons and as the author I should know, dont you think?).

The IF game has copyright and the publisher will take action against anyone trying to circumvent that.

And no you don't have to buy game for the mod. Exactly the contrary.

Except IronFront's assets never were opened nor the source files offered to the community to do as they like as Bohemia did with their games. 

We hope to change this with the new native version. See also the first post for more details on the plans.

Well my understanding was the mod was developed at least in part by the Iron Front game developers.

I simply bought the game so I could get the high quality textures and support the developers for offering up their game for ArmA 3.

The same way I've bought all the less than valuable ArmA DLC and the same way I'll probably buy Apex. All simply to show support for the developers of both ArmA and Iron Front.

Anyway I don't see the problem, If All In ArmA can do it surely the Iron Front Devs can still support the full mod. It isn't like I'm expecting the Devs to give the full mod away for free and I'm not expecting every server to be running the full mod. If the community wants to move toward a free mod with low quality textures to save a few bucks then I certainly won't stop them. But please at the same time don't turn your back on those of us who are running the full version who have shown their support or at the very least make the full and lite versions compatible.

Sorry to be so harsh, yet it is needed to get back the facts:

1) No former AWAR dev is involved.

2) Your money didn't go to AWAR nor us.

3) Unfortunately your intentions don't reflect the reality for this case.

4) Your personal view without technical or legal insights doesn't matter. Sorry to be so direct, yet its just wishful thinking.

5) In fact. if we are talking about donations, only very very few people have shown their support.

6) The old conversion version is no longer supported and won't be made "compatible".

As mentioned above read this post if you are willing to learn more about the bigger picture.

Yes i downlaoded it from the Steam Workshop. I deleted this and alle the other hide_from_editor pbo's but then there are other pbo's that can't be open. for example the lib_dlc_animationsweapons file.

Workshop is said to have issues at times, especially with larger mods. Next time use the verify/re-download button in the A3 launcher.

Bug: It seems the M1 garand clip empty sound plays twice when the clip runs out.

Please use the issue tracker like everyone else.

Seems like this is increasingly difficult to support and it makes it very difficult for mod compatibility across mods.

To keep the legacy version behind allows us to drop or redo outdated system. And make the mod compatible to other (WW2) mods.

See the first post for more details.

For those looking for more playable content (SP/COOP/PvP):

New version of Blitzkrieg available with IFA3 as default modset.

I'm a bit confused. I've downloaded and played the Lite version and would like to get the full version. I understand I have to buy the Iron Front game from Steam but how do I get the Iron Front in Arma 3 mod then? Is it already in the Steam game or does it have to be downloaded separately?

I'm a bit confused. I've downloaded and played the Lite version and would like to get the full version. I understand I have to buy the Iron Front game from Steam but how do I get the Iron Front in Arma 3 mod then? Is it already in the Steam game or does it have to be downloaded separately?

To quote .kju from this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191249-statement-on-discontinued-support-for-the-ifa-conversion-ifa3-full/

Most important:

We do NOT endorse/recommend/encourage you to buy Iron Fron the game at this point - do not buy it!

Please wait until a native Arma 3 version becomes available.

Ok marceldev89. I will wait. :)

They don't want to mirror us even though we have given them/everyone permission to do so.

Why on Earth not?! Bummer, that's weird. Armaholic, why have you forsaken me?

I'm a bit confused. I've downloaded and played the Lite version and would like to get the full version. I understand I have to buy the Iron Front game from Steam but how do I get the Iron Front in Arma 3 mod then?

Is it already in the Steam game or does it have to be downloaded separately?

The full version is an old version that was built and released in 2014, which is not supported anymore, the IFA3 lite version is the new version as you know, however if you still are interested

in the full version the older version which is version 1.15 that is the latest patch this requires Iron front.

The new full version is not even out yet, so there is only the IFA3 Lite and the old Full version with full rez textures ect,.

In my sig is a link to my tutorial on how to convert IF to IFA3 as well as patch ect,. thats your best bet if you want the full version.

Why on Earth not?! Bummer, that's weird. Armaholic, why have you forsaken me?

Nothing weird about it,you never heard of the MR? www.MissionRepository.com its the Armaholic for IF. Foxhound was back in 2012 going to create an Armaholic type site for IF,

but idk what happened,guess he decided not to, you could probably ask him, but end of 2012 i did it. IF will never be on Armaholic because its on my site, and thats all my site covers, you wont

see news for anything else but Iron front related stuff.

IFA3 Lite is not on the MR yet, will be real soon im working on it, to much other stuff i been trying to get done these past weeks.

• Like 1

Sorry to be so harsh, yet it is needed to get back the facts:

1) No former AWAR dev is involved.

2) Your money didn't go to AWAR nor us.

3) Unfortunately your intentions don't reflect the reality for this case.

4) Your personal view without technical or legal insights doesn't matter. Sorry to be so direct, yet its just wishful thinking.

5) In fact. if we are talking about donations, only very very few people have shown their support.

6) The old conversion version is no longer supported and won't be made "compatible".

As mentioned above read this post if you are willing to learn more about the bigger picture

Your not harsh and no problem with being direct I actually prefer that.

Anyway I just want to be totally clear:

The full version / converted version is now abandoned you have no intention to work on bug fixes, fix the sky after the 1.60 update or improve it.

The Iron Front mod and team are for now focusing mostly on the improving the LITE version.

There is a high quality version of Iron Front planned similar to the converted version but not quite a high quality but that is down the road. Will this be a paid mod?

Thanks a lot for the lite version. 

The quality of sound is not good.  Very hard to hear gun fire from AI.  

Is there anyway to get HD IFA3 mod, we can buy full game if it works. 

Best of luck IF Mod Team for future..  :)

Unlikely, as it seems the new LITE version is removing some of the scripted functionality in IF, such as parts falling of or the armor system.

Kju, I hope you are able to keep the piecemeal destruction of the parts falling off of vehicles as this is one of the reasons as why IF so great.

Why is Bohemia not making a world war II DLC, it would sell better then APEX.

I hate to install mods with low gfx.

• Like 1

The full version / converted version is now abandoned you have no intention to work on bug fixes, fix the sky after the 1.60 update or improve it.

The Iron Front mod and team are for now focusing mostly on the improving the LITE version.

There is a high quality version of Iron Front planned similar to the converted version but not quite a high quality but that is down the road. Will this be a paid mod?

IFA3 conversion 1.60 hotfix is here. May or may not work yet though.

The quality of sound is not good.  Very hard to hear gun fire from AI.  

Do you mean the volume? Or did locate the direction? Or determine the type of weapon fired?

Kju, I hope you are able to keep the piecemeal destruction of the parts falling off of vehicles as this is one of the reasons as why IF so great.

Should be doable one way or another.

The penetration computation is the most complex part of the scripting and the A3 can handle that itself now.

Prob not high on the to-do list but the war effects post processing modules could do with re-tuning if you wish for them to remain usable. I used them before 1.60 but they are very intense and don't give the intended effect anymore.

I'm trying to pinpoint the sound probs that jsoc is reporting but it's hard to nail it down. If you try every weapon they sound loud enough in your hand (maybe some are too loud) but when being shot at there are some weapons that we can only hear the arma3 cracks when we know we should be hearing the weapon due to how close they are. Will keep trying and see exactly which weapon/vehicles are effected.

Preview v5 is out

Updated link to mega in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changelog in the second post.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 1

The changelogs in the second post are very confusing, how can you tell what's new when it shows mixed with the last changelogs?