tophe

What Revive system is most common these days?

Getting back into mission making. But I'm wondering which revive system is the most popular now... I used =BTC= Revive last year. Is that still any good?

Is the new ingame one any good?

personaly i prefer the ingame solution (keeping scripts minimal), only backstep: after revieve ur loosing ur backpack

i really like the BIS one. only drawback i could find so far is the lack of dragging wounded people and gear being reset when you get downed. can be easily fixed by doing this though:

OnPlayerRespawn.sqf:

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit spawn 
{
	_unit = _this;
	sleep 2;
	if (animationstate _unit == "acts_injuredlyingrifle02_180") then
	{
		[_unit, [missionNamespace, "SavedInventory"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;
	};	
};
_unit addEventhandler ["Killed", {if (local (_this select 0)) then {[_this select 0, [missionNamespace, "SavedInventory"]] call BIS_fnc_saveInventory;}}];

kinda ripped out of my mission and untested liek this but should give you an idea.

• Like 1

personaly i prefer the ingame solution (keeping scripts minimal), only backstep: after revieve ur loosing ur backpack

I prefer the ingame one too. Never had the backpack issue though.

Cool. Thanks guys! Any good simple tutorials or sample missions with the ingame version?

that's one of the great things about it. aside from the gear stuff all you need is some entries inside your description.ext

this page has all you need: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

but here's also a simple example for a quick test.

respawn = 3; //not sure if revive is restricted to certain types but this one works for sure
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive"}; //this is the crucial one, the rest is jsut what i use in my mission
respawnOnStart = -1;
respawnButton = 0;
  • Like 1