duda123

Advanced AI Command

Hi, I just tested the mod which worked perfectly for my players group needs, but even if the mission preview nicely locally, It doesnt work once uploaded on server. I ve read previous discussion but I m lost with scripting, and the method seems to concern the script version only. I ve tried to change the orders of mods, with no luck. I also use Alive which may causes the problem. If anyone has a workaround, by advance, thanks.

Has anyone else gotten this to work well with vcom? Or does it work with other ai mods? Vcom is my preferred one ofc but that's just me.

Perhaps somehow you could temporarily disable in-game an AI mod on whatever group you want to control with Advanced AI command.

From the VCOM readme: To disable a Vcom AI group from creating additional waypoints or running to support friendlies, put this command in their init field: "{_x setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true]} foreach units (group this);""

Maybe using something like that whenever a command is given from Advanced AI Command and until that group has executed those commands fully and can return to vcom control. It would also need to remove any existing VCOM waypoints to make the group follow the Advanced AI Commands. 

I don't know if there are more compatability issues within these two mods, I get an AIC_getgroupcolor error whenever i have vcom on. But i doesn't seem to break anything. 

Just finished reading the whole thread, great read and great development attitude taking good ideas on board, I watched the showcase video in amazement, really nice work man [2thumbsUp] Can't even think of anything I'd want added, I think you covered it all :)

Hi,

Is there a way to unbind the default action of issuing orders from mouse wheel button and change it to some keyboard key, Enter or Space for example? My middle mouse button is already f***ed up, too much grenade throwing involved ;P...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pokemon77 said:

Hi,

Is there a way to unbind the default action of issuing orders from mouse wheel button and change it to some keyboard key, Enter or Space for example? My middle mouse button is already f***ed up, too much grenade throwing involved ;P...

There's an Arma key binding for this. I think it's under commanding tab

Dont know if this thread is still active but it seems to be the best place....

1) Is there any sort of command that can disable AI control by players?  I know I can use modules to limit player control but a command would be great.

2) Is there any command to change group color in the editor?

3) Will friendly spawned units be placed under the command of the player?  If not, whats the command to start the script?

Thanks! Love the addon!

Never mind!

It was the action key setup for action menus that were set up wrong.

Works perfectly! :)

Are the mod broken?

I'm trying to use this in a scenario created by someone else, but while I can select a unit or group and the AI action menu does show up, selecting one of the menu entries, does nothing but close the action menu. I can't give any command to any unit.

I tested this in the editor with only this mod loaded. I put down an officer and a rifle squad and run the scenario. Same result. It still doesn't work.

There are no modules placed as, from what I can read, this should function without.

Thanks. :)

Edited by stlassen
Got smarter! :)

Hey @duda123, would it be possible to add a "Wait" and "Execute" feature to the mod? I know when combined with C2 it adds the possibility for Go Codes, but it'd be nice to be able to plan an approach without wasting a GoCode to make them stand still! :)

• Like 2

Awesome idea, I subscribed to the mod on the Steam Workshop and loaded the game up with the mod.  I can't seem to actually command other units though.  The dialogue box pops up, but when I select an option like add waypoints nothing happens.  Any idea what could be going on?

On 26/12/2017 at 7:30 AM, flighttime95 said:

Awesome idea, I subscribed to the mod on the Steam Workshop and loaded the game up with the mod.  I can't seem to actually command other units though.  The dialogue box pops up, but when I select an option like add waypoints nothing happens.  Any idea what could be going on?

I made the mistake of not realising my settings on map view had to use middle mouse click not spacebar. Possibly just check those?

3 hours ago, Rockapes said:

I made the mistake of not realising my settings on map view had to use middle mouse click not spacebar. Possibly just check those?

Haha you're brilliant, that did the trick!

2 hours ago, flighttime95 said:

Haha you're brilliant, that did the trick!

Glad it solved it

I have a small issue,

The modules doesn't seem to work when used with the C2 mod. Like using the advanced ai commander and groups modules to give me command of certain units. It just gives me command of all units, which gets kinda messy when used with ALiVE. 

It works when I only have CBA and AIC loaded, but doesn't when I have those two plus C2.

Buuut, as i said, not a huge issue for me, i just use color markings on groups. Just thought I'd report it as this mod and C2 should work well together. 

2 requests:

1. Add a way to order HC groups follow your or other groups. Like just follow, without joining group or anything like that.  This is so you could split your squad into HC fireteams with act independently while still following you. This would cut down on micromanagement.

2. Add an option to hide HC groups. It sometimes cause spoliers to a mission.

Could you add Fly at Height ASL as additional option? The normal flyInHeight uses AGL with causes the AI to copy the terrain with can make a really bumpy ride for the gunner, with ASL they will keep the same altitude. Great for loitering gunships.

EDIT: Allright! Manged to edit AAC to add the ASL fly in height order. The only issue now is loiter WP does not respect set sepeed for the group, it defaults to NORMAL even if I wanted LIMITED.

I really want to use this mod but no matter what i bind the keys to the high command will not launch w this running. no mods just vanilla. anyone knwo what i need to do? trie dto find the link to a demo mission but no luck so far.

so i tried w mod running but not placing the advanced ai modules, only the bis high command and for some reason it works

seems maybe to be related to rhs which is a shame

7 hours ago, WarhammerZeus said:

I really want to use this mod but no matter what i bind the keys to the high command will not launch w this running. no mods just vanilla. anyone knwo what i need to do? trie dto find the link to a demo mission but no luck so far.

so i tried w mod running but not placing the advanced ai modules, only the bis high command and for some reason it works

seems maybe to be related to rhs which is a shame

You don't need to do anything special to get it to load. Just launch the game with this mod enabled and start any mission. Then, open your map and you should see icons over each ai group on your side.

Hey Duda,

Really amazing mod, I can't live without it.

I'm playing around with it in ALiVE, and was wondering if there is some way to give a unit command over another unit in-game in a mission - Can do all that in the edtitor with the 2 modules without a problem. But if i want to change the groups I'm commanding I'll either have to stick with what I have from the editor, or have command over everything, and this means a LOOT of little black circles on the map since there are so many units.

Regards

G'day Duda

Brilliant mod! Absolutely love it!

Though I have a query. When I link the commander module to another playerable player, said player is unable to issue any form of commands to any units. The units come up on the map, they can click on them and scroll through the options, but when clicked on, the order is not issued so nothing happens. I've had a look around and no idea why this would happen.

Cheers

Nice mod, very useful, I also use it with ALIVE all the time, but I have a question: while using remote control, is there a way to revert to the original player only when you press Del key or controlled unit get killed? Currently every single hit to remote controlled unit, even grenade shrapnel hit or even getting to close to a campfire or burning vehicle reverts control back to original player... This is little annoying...

Really nice mod, enjoying it a lot. My two suggestions to make it better:

1- To make it work when you're the commander of a vehicle.

Currently its broken because you have to left-click to do basically everything, and when you're the commander of a vehicle, left-clicking automatically order the vehicle to move to the click's location; and there's no way to reconfigure the keyboard mapping for this.

2- To include a "commit" function, like the C2 mod, where you can first plan the waypoints, then hit "commit" to activate it. Maybe a on-the-go function like, toggle auto-activation/wait for commit option would be good.

• Like 1

Hey duda, could you share the code you used to add actions to the waypoint menu? I'd love to try my hand at adding a speed and combat setting to the waypoint menus, instead of the group menu.

EDIT: I found the code in the github but can't seem to find out how to get the code to fire off upon waypoint completion instead of immediately :(

Hi, firstly I love the mod.

Can you confirm if this can be installed as just a client-side mod, or do I need to add -mod to support it on a dedicated server?

Sorry if this has been mentioned all ready I did look through the forum but may have missed this.

Cheers.

Needs to be on the server also from my experience

Hello, i would like to use this mod, only to give waypoints to the helicopter pilots under my command BUT.. they are players only, not IA.. i want only them to see the waypoint info.. how to do that? thank you!!