duda123

Advanced AI Command

v1.2.1 Released. Get it on github or steam

Changes:

• Fixing remote control function. Now prevents player from being killed when in remote control.

Would it be possible to get a "unstuck" command for when a HC group gets stuck somewhere? Thanks!

Would it be possible to get a "unstuck" command for when a HC group gets stuck somewhere? Thanks!

Not sure how well I could implement this. Would need specific examples of when groups get "stuck" and ways to detect when they're in that state.

Realistically, I think it might be easier just to rely on remote control to take over the group leader and fix the problem directly.

• Like 1

Here's a list of ideas that seem somewhat feasible to implement:

• Find cover
  • Watch direction
  • Suppressing fire (using new 1.6 command)
  • Bounding
  • Retreat to position (using smoke)
  • Return to base
  • Mortar strike position
  • Set standard waypoint actions (S&D, Defend area, etc)
  • Group formations

Which ones do people want most?

• Like 2

• Find cover
  • Watch direction
  • Bounding
  • Return to base
  • Mortar strike position
  • Group formations

I would vote for Standard waypoint actions, first and foremost. And suppress.

A scenario I am thinking of I send a group to a hilltop while I move into a flanking position with my team, I would like for them to hold fire until I am ready. Basically keep low and remain undetected. So that would mean that Find Cover would be useful once they are in position.

I guess also the whole engagement menu set of options (Hold Fire, Fire at Will and so on) would be useful enforced on the entire group. Also the Combat mode (Combat, Aware,Stealth,Safe) menu would be really important to get them there in the first place.

Then when my team is in position , I could call for the hilltop group to suppress, that would be very useful as a command.

So to sum up (sorry for the messy response):

Standard waypoint actions

Find Cover

Watch direction

Engagement commands (3 command menu)

Combat commands (7 command menu)

Suppress

• Like 2

What commands would be useful?   All of the above. But I would love to have a Command Rose thingee  that would be making it soo much more useful to give a lot of commands way much faster ,unstuck command are in the 4.5 update for

C2 mod,check that out.

It simply moves someone you think is stuck 5m or so.

The mortar /arty command may finally give a reason to add that kind of asset into a mission.

A new command,"Rescue Unit" may come in handy for something,maybe lunching a rescue helo to retrive someone?

"Infiltrate Area" may come in handy to.

Some way to use Bensons Enhanced Movments to make them use roofs and move in a different pattern than expected by the enemies.

I think flying needs some refined way of commanding ;Go high/low ,hide behind the hill,if there is 2 helos,suppress known/likely enemy positions,rescue the pilot and launch a search party /Launch a Seal Team from one of the helos respectively. 

• Like 2

If anyone wants to see this in action, stop by my group's server (~8:30 PM Eastern Time) Address: 66.55.158.30 Port: 2302 Name: [sA]StayAlive. No mods required to join (this addon is installed as a script our our server's missions). We use Advanced AI Command on nearly every COOP mission we do. If there's an SA member on the server, they can show you how to use the AI Command functions during a COOP mission.

• Like 1

All the above will be VERY cool, together with a garrison WP.. :D

Good job mate!!

Hi Duda, just working on a mission now and I'd like to use the script version of this mod. Just wondering, is there a way to specify which units can be commanded by players with the script? 

Hi Duda, just working on a mission now and I'd like to use the script version of this mod. Just wondering, is there a way to specify which units can be commanded by players with the script? 

Yes

1. Add this to your init.sqf file:

[false] call AIC_fnc_initAICommand;

["MY_COMMAND_CONTROL"] call AIC_fnc_createCommandControl;

2. For all groups you want to control, add this to their leader's init field:

["MY_COMMAND_CONTROL", group this] call AIC_fnc_commandControlAddGroup;

3. For all players doing commanding, add this to their init field:

["MY_COMMAND_CONTROL",true] call AIC_fnc_showCommandControl;

The "MY_COMMAND_CONTROL" name is just a unique identifier you're assigning to a command control. You basically add groups you want to control to the command control, and then show the command control only to the players you want to give command access to. You can have as many command controls as you want, as long as they have unique names. There are some default command controls called ALL_EAST, ALL_WEST, ALL_CIV and ALL_GUER which already have all groups of the specified side added. Those are what's used when you use the addon version.

Also, when including the hpp files in your description.ext, don't include cfgfunctionsaddon.hpp

There's an example description.ext file on the github project. (https://github.com/sethduda/AIC)

Also, FYI, the sample init.sqf file on github doesn't pass "false" init the AIC_fnc_initAICommand. This causes it to auto-configure itself and give all units on a side command over their entire side. Passing false disables this auto-configuration, and you have to do it manually like I described above.

• Like 1

This mod has rapidly become essential for me. I know I'm a little late to this vote, but my personal preference would be:

Retreat to position (AI will so often prioritize shooting and staying in a position that the player obviously sees is untenable; does the vanilla player squad command Disengage actually work well?)

Bounding (I attempted to do this in scripting and could not figure out how to dynamically split half of the group so that they'd move up half at a time)

Standard WP actions would make this even more of a seamless add to the vanilla game

Find cover, watch direction, and suppressing fire would all be excellent adds extending what you can already do with vanilla player squad commands to high command.

Unsticking a unit via a 5m setPos would be very useful, as I've had any number of AI get stuck inside large rocks, under buildings, bellied out a vehicle on a stone wall, etc. If I'm running Zeus and Ares/Achilles, I can add Zeus-editable and drag them out, as my current solution. WW AI menu limits this action to only units within 50m of the player; maybe that offers you some ideas.

• Find cover
  • Watch direction
  • Bounding
  • Return to base
  • Mortar strike position
  • Group formations

Hi Duda, struggling to get the script working unfortunately, I've done as you said and it doesn't seem to load up at all. The mod works fine though, any thoughts? 

Hi Duda, struggling to get the script working unfortunately, I've done as you said and it doesn't seem to load up at all. The mod works fine though, any thoughts? 

Can you post your description.ext file and init.sqf file?

I won't post all of them as they're massive but this is the stuff I added for High Command in the init.sqf: 

//Advanced AI Command
["CSSCommand"] call AIC_fnc_createCommandControl;

And in the description: 

class CfgNotifications {
#include "AICommand\cfgnotifications.hpp"
};

class CfgFunctions { 
#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp" 
#include "functions\CfgFunctions.hpp" 
#include "AICommand\cfgfunctions.hpp" 
};

I also put 

["CSSCommand",true] call AIC_fnc_showCommandControl;

in the commander inits and 

["CSSCommand", group this] call AIC_fnc_commandControlAddGroup;

in the subordinate unit leader inits. 

Figured that should get it going?

I won't post all of them as they're massive but this is the stuff I added for High Command in the init.sqf: 

//Advanced AI Command
["CSSCommand"] call AIC_fnc_createCommandControl;

And in the description: 

class CfgNotifications {
#include "AICommand\cfgnotifications.hpp"
};

class CfgFunctions { 
#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp" 
#include "functions\CfgFunctions.hpp" 
#include "AICommand\cfgfunctions.hpp" 
};

I also put 

["CSSCommand",true] call AIC_fnc_showCommandControl;

in the commander inits and 

["CSSCommand", group this] call AIC_fnc_commandControlAddGroup;

in the subordinate unit leader inits. 

Figured that should get it going?

Yeah, that should be it. If you change the init line to:

[] call AIC_fnc_initAICommand;

Do you get control over all groups on your side?

Yes, it works perfectly that way. I'm using it to command a civilian helicopter; would that cause any issues with the script? 

Yes, it works perfectly that way. I'm using it to command a civilian helicopter; would that cause any issues with the script?

No, it shouldn't. Ok, try changing the init line back, and add a single ai unit to the map. Then, put the add group function in it's init field. Let me know if that works.

Still no luck unfortunately. Created an entirely new mission with new init and description but still couldn't get command. The only way is default it seems. 

I doubt it's relevant given how the mod works globally, but I am using ALiVE and CBA. Just thought I'd let you know in case you can't reproduce the issue.