Echo5Hotel Actual

Trouble with group trigger

Still trying to learn the new editor and I find myself encountering something strange, perhaps a bug, glitch or something someone can share some light on for me.  I am trying to set up a mission where when any members of a unit cross a given trigger, a bomb explodes.  I set the group leader to be the owner of the trigger and then selected "Any group member" from the activation drop down menu but it still only activates when the group leader crosses the trigger boundary.  Anybody able to tell me if I am doing anything wrong here?

• Like 1

You are correct, trigger owner is currently broken and no matter what you choose in the combo box a trigger is always set as "VEHICLE".
You can see this by placing a trigger and give it a name, set its trigger owner and choose any of the options in the combo box. Go into preview and type in the debug console..

triggerActivation myTriggerName

The returned activation is always "VEHICLE" no matter what you choose, where its should be one of "STATIC", "VEHICLE", "GROUP", "LEADER", "MEMBER" as per the wiki page setTriggerActivation

I came across this myself the other night and forgot to post about it, thanks for the reminder ill add a note in the bugs thread.

Thanks larrow, at least I know it's nothing I am doing wrong.  Appreciate the response.  :)

Did this get reported to BIS?  I am not sure how to go about it but it is impacting my mission creation severely.

I am also curious, I just got back into ARMA since a long absence (played OFP for 8 years missed out on armed assault and amra 2) I've been trying to get back into mission editing and came perusing the forums to find an answer to my problems in the editor. The "any member" not working correctly bug has basically made me tear all my hair out. I couldn't figure out why my triggers were not working and finally found the answer here.

How do you go about reporting bugs to BIS these days? Cause this is a major bug and the more people that report it the more likely they are to notice and fix it.

This feels hopeless, I cannot find any evidence that this issue has been officially noticed and is being worked on. I went to the feedback page to post this bug, but the page confused me. In addition I searched around because i wanted to see if someone had brought the bug up already, as i didn't want to double post; in my search I found nothing.

I'm going to suspend development on my missions until this bug is fixed, if ever.

On the same subject, do people just not use trigger grouping? I can't understand how this isn't getting any attention unless people just don't use this feature.

Chin up sputnik!  :)  Seems to be working properly in the current Dev Build.

ZxQ3iyA.jpg

bumVu1C.jpg

Using Dev Build 1.61.136572.

That is good news, the mission I'm working on has many way points synced to triggers using "any group member" as an activation. I can't wait until this becomes the official patch release now. Thanks for Kylania, you've rebuilt my spirits :-) 

I am glad to hear that because it is still not working in the stable release at this point and I utilize "Any Group Member" triggers a lot in my missions.  Currently it only works for the group leader no matter what setting you put into the trigger.  It looks like it sets it up correctly but it just doesn't work correctly in use.  Trust me, it has had me pulling out my hair trying to work around it as well.