Sign in to follow this  
Everon Railways

Bringing Everon to life in miniature.

Hello OFP fans. For some time now, (a few years), I've been working on modeling the buildings of Everon in approximately 1:160 scale. I intend to model several towns of Everon and run a miniature railway through the towns. The railway will be called Everon Railways. Obviously, there are no railways on Everon, but this will provide some operational interest to the modeled scene. 

The construction process for the buildings usually consists of a 3D printed master that was designed with the Google Sketchup program. A mold is made of the master and several replicas are cast in resin. At this stage, I have most of Everon's buildings cast, and over 120 castings have been made. Buildings which have not been designed yet include the military base buildings as well as the churches and chapels. Most of my work now is focused on scaling game generated scene shots of the building sides and roofs and printing those out to scale. From there the screen shot panels are adhered to the resin casting "blanks" to complete the model. This process gives the models the most authentic look possible to match the buildings appearance in the game.

Below are a few pics of completed buildings. You can follow along on YouTube here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfemapbGwk_Y6SKFr1k4LzA

The channel is still in it's infancy, with many more videos to come, including an explanation of the concept of Everon Railways.

full

full

full

full

full

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfemapbGwk_Y6SKFr1k4LzA

• Like 8

I love the 'half sunken in the ground' barn.

EDIT: Also, maybe ask a mod to have this moved to offtopic, more people will see it there. :) 

As a fellow model railroader myself this looks pretty cool. Seems N Scale is your choice being 1:160. I had an N scale railroad quite some time ago, but sold it all and went back to my prefered HO Scale at 1:87.

Looks like an interesting idea :)