cosmic10r

1.60 RC candidate CTD

I mentioned in the Dev branch thread that a week ago, last tuesdays update started giving me a windows BEX error using the EXE to launch.

This has not been an issue since Alpha release.

I had since reverted to 1.58 and had no problems at all launching through exe.

I tried 1.60 RC candidate and the BEX error is still there. 

So i attempted to activate my local mods through the launcher and using the same modset that works fine through the exe on 1.58 ,

it gives me an arma 3 runtime error when launching through the launcher

So i essentially cant play the game I was playing in 1.58 on 1.60.

I guess it's good that I haven't had a chance to preorder Apex yet as essentially I will be unable to play the game  I've been playing since alpha.

FroggyLuv mentioned he found a problem when too many mods were loaded and the launcher would not allow him to launch either.

Is there some known limit to the modcount in the launcher..

In any case it looks to be quite disappointing that I may have to give up Arma as I knew it...

Bex Error

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: arma3.exe
  Application Version: 1.60.136.52
  Application Timestamp: 5735dc8d
  Fault Module Name: arma3.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.60.136.52
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5735dc8d
  Exception Offset: 0135e291
  Exception Code: c0000417
  Exception Data: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0b90
  Additional Information 2: 0b90637242f65d28ee04e67ad9a86ddf
  Additional Information 3: fbd6
  Additional Information 4: fbd63b32a6aafe7e1f75e301f69e1837

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The other error when i use the launcher  is....

exit code: 0xC0000417 - STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER

When the intial launch splash starts arma gives the BEX error at the processing command line and does not go to initializing mods stage....

I see you run windows 7. Try this.

right click on my computer
go to properties
click on advanced system settings
under performance, click settings
click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
click Add, browse to the executable file for the program and add it.

Read more about DEP

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738483(WS.10).aspx

Its a quick fix so you can play but if this persists it cant be a good thing.

Thanks jastreb!

I had already tried it but apparently Arma 3 exe requires the Dep setting to be on and I could not do that.

I have since done some testing after Tortusit mentioned that when he disabled Taviana he could launch

-I deleted my old .cfg file and when dev 1.60 A3 launched ( i could launch from exe again) it created a new one and launched fine

-I then began activating mods in 3s

-Many mods allowed me to launch in Dev mode

-some did not, Sugar Lake, Kapaulio, Napf A3, Taviana, Fir Weapon Sys, CUP units

-some weird shit, if i activate cup weapons it works fine, if i then activate cup units i get the command line parameter crash,

-if i then delete the load of Cup units in .cfg, i still get the crash, if i delete the load of Cup weapons in .cfg, it loads ok even tho the first time weapons loaded ok..

so its as if once cup units loads, it corrupts the load of cup weapons and i have to delete that reference in the .cfg to get Dev to load again... but if i then reenable cup weapons ... it loads fine  :blink:

i mean lol.. im not blaming Bi or the Modmakers... but man.. that is some voodoo shit... lol

Edit - solved, InEptaphid pointed out in dev branch its a mod count issue, i can run 32 but any more and it causes the crashes, i have combined some stuff into less folders and i have all the mods working on dev branch and can launch through the EXE now. Happy to have it all running again!

This is driving me nuts. I now had to delete all A3 maps from loading through my command line and it still crashes on parsing. # of mods decreases... I mean, yesterday I only skipped loading a few mods, now for whatever reasons it chooses to crash.

Command line.. *crash*

"C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"  -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=7 "-mod=@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@jrs3_df;@va;@sthud_a3;@st_nametags;@bzly_UIcorrections;@unit_sfx;@em;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@advancedballistics;@ACE3_mini;@ravage;@bzly_no_bluf_radio;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic;@dawn_of_the_dead_infected_skins;@KRON_SupportCall_a3;@tort_escape;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps" -name=Tortuosit -noLogs -filePatching

OK guys. This cannot be related to number of mods. I now added a bunch of mods and it starts up again.

"C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"  -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=7 "-mod=@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@jrs3_df;@va;@sthud_a3;@st_nametags;@bzly_UIcorrections;@unit_sfx;@em;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@advancedballistics;@ACE3_mini;@ravage;@bzly_no_bluf_radio;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic;@dawn_of_the_dead_infected_skins;@KRON_SupportCall_a3;@tort_escape;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@fsf_rayak;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@VTR_Angel;@lite_Bornholm;@panthera_a3;@ios_objects;@ios_st_agnes;@mske-a3;@cst;@kandahar_province;@jbad;@Lingor_A3;@pianosa;@vtr_porquerolles;@prkz;@fata_a3;@smd_a3;@wake;@Imrali;@vt5;@esseker;@gunkizli;@Namalsk;OA\@ibr_dtowns;OA\@ibr_plants;@saint_kapaulio_terrain;@jbad;@rspn;OA\@brg_africa;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@kalukhan;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3" -name=Tortuosit -noLogs -filePatching      

Thanks a lot for Intel, guys, it seems like our programmers have found a lead to fix this issue, they are working on that :icon_twisted:

• Like 5

Thank goodness... im losing hair over this one  :blink:

With yesterdays update I think it is fixed, what do you think, cosmic?

• Like 1

I got crashes as well with RHS + CUP_Terrains + ACE3 so whats the problem here? How can i solve it?

Are you on dev or RC?

@ Vasily... what is the error message

I'm on dev and after an update yesterday it did not crash @ command line parsing.

Ok... I'll switch over to dev later today and report back...

My mods are a mess now so this would be great news

Right now i got no crash, but when crashes occured there was no error at all (including in rpt file). That was very strange, all i changed was copying all mods to local, and loading them (still local only), no workshop content, and disabling ace 3. Still this need to double check.

Confirmed... 60+ mods loaded and back to original load situation

No Bex crash and no issues with command line parser

Huzzah!!!!!! 

:wub:

• Like 3

On 03/09/2017 at 1:35 AM, BanjoBandit said:

i am still having this issue in aug 2017

^^ pirate