Hyperion101

Can't run Arma 2 in fullscreen windowed mode

Since the newest version of A2OA I can't properly run the game in a fullscreen window anymore. Before the patch (the one that tweaked the gameplay a little, not just security stuff) the game started in a regular window mode with it's bottom edge right above the main Windows bar, but going into video settings automatically put it into a fullscreen window. I only had to put my 3D resolution back to 100% as it went down to 50% for some reason, and then it stayed like that.

I've kept my config files and haven't changed anything to the settings, but now it just stretches halfway through the main bar (and stays covered by it), and I just can't get it back again. I've put every ...W= and ...H= parameters in my config file to 1920 and 1080, as this is my resolution, and set it to read-only, but the game window just stops above the main bar and going into video settings no longer stretches it over the whole screen. I've even tried a certain borderless windowed tool, but whenever I use it and successfuly cover the entire screen with the game, it puts my 3D resolution very low and going into video settings resets the window size to what it was before.

Exactly the same happens for Take on Helicopters, which I think didn't get any recent update like A2OA did, so it might even be caused by upgrading from Win 8 to Win 8.1, but I doubt that

Is there really no solution to this overly annoying problem?