froggyluv

0xC0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

On latest Dev been getting this CTD upon trying to launch with seemingly too many mods -is there a weight limit to hefty mods that can be loaded? If I add a new one and erase an old equally large one it seems ok but if not....ctd

• Like 2

On latest Dev been getting this CTD upon trying to launch with seemingly too many mods -is there a weight limit to hefty mods that can be loaded? If I add a new one and erase an old equally large one it seems ok but if not....ctd

Same problem on the last dev udpate. Wasn't on the RC

I'm getting error 0xC0000417 on both dev and RC

Seems to appear with more than 17 mods in the list. Very annoying !

Yep, came here to search this issue.  Tested on RC.

Another issue i just found out (I've been outta the loop for a little over a month now) is a lot of my STEAM MODs are being loaded into a Content folder now instead of the ROOT like previous with @MODNAME.  Now the MODNAME is numbers.  Is this a STEAM issue, or ARMA?  My guess is this is how ARMA is handling MODS now with their launcher?  IF so this has borken the way i use to run a 3rd party MOD handler....

Yo buddy... yeah.. steam now references the workshop content folder so it doesn't double the file size by having one in arma root and one in workshop content... I noticed this messed up my install and they didn't show up if I didn't run the launcher way...

My fix was to manually move the folders over and rename... and then I unsubscribed from the workshop mods and will have to do manually now..

The actual crash is caused by the parser apparently and how many mods are in the command line... fix for that is combining mods into less folders to reduce command line size...

Pita but works for now

Yo buddy... yeah.. steam now references the workshop content folder so it doesn't double the file size by having one in arma root and one in workshop content... I noticed this messed up my install and they didn't show up if I didn't run the launcher way...

My fix was to manually move the folders over and rename... and then I unsubscribed from the workshop mods and will have to do manually now..

The actual crash is caused by the parser apparently and how many mods are in the command line... fix for that is combining mods into less folders to reduce command line size...

Pita but works for now

Hey dude, hope all is well.  Yes i came across this post: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185298-the-mod-subscribed-from-steam-workshop-leaves-2-copies-in-my-disks-it-is-waste-of-my-disk-space/page-2

I figured reducing the folders would do the trick, but thinking BIS should and will fix it instead.  But thats for the temp workaround for now if i decide to go that route.  I did make a post on the other topic to hopefully give us the option to go back so we dont have to manually manage the folders/files.  I get thier approach though since this is really a STEAM issue....

Oh well always something  ;)

Hello guys,

would be any use to use if there would be a special folder in Arma dir, that would contain read-only link to Steam mods? E.g. <Arma 3 dir>\Steam mods\@modFolderName

Possibly Yes?  Well so the benefit i see is finding the folder easily without using the default Arma Launcher.  Right now per my last comments the folders contain the numbers which mean nothing when trying to determine the MODs.  I think if 3rd party apps can use these read-only/shortcut folders to load the original MOD, then yes this would be great, but this may not be the case?

Either way i think it would be helpful just for the ease of finding the MOD folder.  But since i know the ARMA launcher can do this as well, not sure if the effort is worth it. 

I need to play with the default launcher some more, but one thing i struggle with is the speed of it.  It's a very slow/painful process of selecting/deselecting the mods.  I have a good half second or so delay after each click of a MOD, and i can't quickly make these changes.  I think this happens because it moves it to the "LOADED" section of the list.  Of course once i create multiple profiles, then maybe it won't be so bad...  Another nice feature would be to export the MOD command line of the current selected MODS.  This can be helpful if you wanted to load that into a different launcher, or use it for the SERVER MOD list.  Right now it seems the only way to do this is export the entire LOG batch which takes more time and space then a quick copy of the MOD command line.  With this said, are you guys looking into this limited MOD selection issue?  Should we open a ticket or something else?  It's not the launcher it's ARMA in general as it crashes without the launcher as well.

With my feedback above, i hope you take it as suggestions and not complaints.  I love everything you guys have been doing and love your games.  As always, thanks for everything!  :)

• Like 1

bumping a very very old post because its happening again as of latest updated and been happening alot with very little mods loaded (like 5...)

ie. the problem has been revived

had to stop using the default memory manager and use window's version now.

Edited by Sycholic

I'm getting the same error message, no mods installed. It happens only when I'm flying in a jet or helicopter, and happens consistently enough that it's pretty much guaranteed if I spend 30 mins or so flying around over Altis.

I've tried all 3 different memory allocators, a clean install of the game (including deleting Arma files located in "%appdata%" and "Documents\Arma3".

I'd really like to find a solution to this, currently unable to play due to this issue...

I'm betting this error as above: Flying a helicopter, with or without mods, and I get a CDT after anywhere from 2-20 minutes.  Nothing consistent that I can tell that I happen to be doing at the time.

How many years you Bucking developers need to fix this issue? Answer me! It happens when flying on Blackfish. Even when I have crew in multiplayer and they try to sit on pilot's place, they are kicked off from Blackfish. When it will be investigated and fixed???????????????????????

If you get this while flying in a helicopter AND you have a USB headset. Try getting rid of the USB Headset.

11 hours ago, godor2008 said:

How many years you Bucking developers need to fix this issue? Answer me! It happens when flying on Blackfish. Even when I have crew in multiplayer and they try to sit on pilot's place, they are kicked off from Blackfish. When it will be investigated and fixed???????????????????????

@godor2008 As a new user, I highly advise you to have a read of our rules and guidelines (see my Signature for the links) as we have received a report on your post.

I have exhausted all things suggested to fix the game crashing while using aircraft with error STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN. It seems that I bought a game that is out of date, broken, and short on employees with knowledge of program. 

1 hour ago, Ares' Thunder said:

I have exhausted all things suggested to fix the game crashing while using aircraft with error STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN.

It seems that I bought a game that is out of date, broken, and short on employees with knowledge of program.  

Welcome to BI Forums!

So what suggestions have you tried?

Since this is your first post, sharing the following would maybe help you:

• What are your pc specs?
  • Do you have latest GPU drivers, and drivers for anything else that maybe needed?
  • Did you have an update to your OS recently and if so did the crash occur prior to that or after?
  • Running any mods while playing?
  • What mission SP or MP?
  • Mission created by you or another?
  • Are you playing a mission or just messing around in the editor?
  • When do you get the error before the game crashes?
  • You said using an aircraft, is it all aircraft, or one in particular?
  • Using 32bit, or 64bit in the launcher?
  • Using any scripts, codes, or is there anything running in the background that could effect the game's performance? like a game booster?
  • Not accusing you, just asking, using a legit version of the game from steam, basically you bought and own the game correct?

As for your 2nd comment

Maybe from your perspective, but from mine the game is gold, so no pun intended i just dont have the issue, it could be anything effecting the game to crash, sure it could be when you fly, but then

what are your settings set at, visibility, i mean can your PC handle the game to begin with or what kind of performance are you getting?

Theres alot of people that buy games and play the problems they have on the game when their computer can barely run it, or meet the requirements, no pun intended, just saying

I've seen similar posts for arma3, and other games, why i ask all those questions, if i didn't then we all can sit here and guess and blame it on the game, e3ven tho the game runs perfectly fine for someone else.

11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI Forums!

So what suggestions have you tried?

Since this is your first post, sharing the following would maybe help you:

• What are your pc specs?
  • Do you have latest GPU drivers, and drivers for anything else that maybe needed?
  • Did you have an update to your OS recently and if so did the crash occur prior to that or after?
  • Running any mods while playing?
  • What mission SP or MP?
  • Mission created by you or another?
  • Are you playing a mission or just messing around in the editor?
  • When do you get the error before the game crashes?
  • You said using an aircraft, is it all aircraft, or one in particular?
  • Using 32bit, or 64bit in the launcher?
  • Using any scripts, codes, or is there anything running in the background that could effect the game's performance? like a game booster?
  • Not accusing you, just asking, using a legit version of the game from steam, basically you bought and own the game correct?

As for your 2nd comment

Maybe from your perspective, but from mine the game is gold, so no pun intended i just dont have the issue, it could be anything effecting the game to crash, sure it could be when you fly, but then

what are your settings set at, visibility, i mean can your PC handle the game to begin with or what kind of performance are you getting?

Theres alot of people that buy games and play the problems they have on the game when their computer can barely run it, or meet the requirements, no pun intended, just saying

I've seen similar posts for arma3, and other games, why i ask all those questions, if i didn't then we all can sit here and guess and blame it on the game, e3ven tho the game runs perfectly fine for someone else.

Thanks for reply. I am using an ASUS Computer with AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor. OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Graphics card is a NVIDIA 2070. This computer by far over reaches what is required. Game crashes in all aircraft. There are rare times I can fly for hours without a crash. The first time it happened I had no idea about mods existed and was in the Showcase. Game will freeze then crash. Report is waiting once back to the icon screen. Does not matter which game mode. Sometimes I can fly the entire day(multiple game) and others can't get 3 mins of time in air. I have noticed a few things that will cause it to crash. Vehicle Ammo crates are a sure way to get buffer stack overrun. I am greatly frustrated, but as you see I am limited to only enjoy the ground play even though I paid for all the dlc offers. I am not offended by any of the things you ask and you didn't seem to be accusing me of anything, except maybe the obvious truth that I know nothing about computers, but learning a little day by day. As far as suggestions I have tried...…. Complete wipe of computer back to default settings. Clean reinstallation of Steam/Arma. Have computer set to allow only programs needed to run in back ground. Checked each file one by for corruption. Uninstalled/reinstalled again. By the way, this computer was bought last March just to play arma. The game serves a great purpose to me since I am disabled it gives me something to keep my mind busy. By far the best war game to me so far but only started gaming in 2016. Game is great, but if Windows 10 and Bohemia's Arma continue to conflict, it is going to send me looking for another game. Oh yeah, I run on low to normal and only have visual set to server max. Sorry to type a book to you but just had game crash for 5th time today. Thinking I will soon take this machine to a pro for upgrades and maybe they can fix the issue. Thanks for the time

Thanks for the information, i would recommend going to this thread:

The guys on this thread namely Old Bear, Groove_C, TankBuster, Domokun, and some others know alot about computers, they do alot of testing with different builds

and know the arma3 engine and what is best for the game.

I'm suggesting going there and listing the specs you have and then linking your reply post here and they can possibly tell you what the best settings

are to be used for your hardware, and what else you can do.   

I say this as because i been noticing a patter with alot of high end computers like yours having issues with

the game over the past year, why idk, but my specs are not even close to what you have but my game is running at 50-120fps without errors or issues, so i think theres something

hardware and setting related on your end, ask them and see what they say, i follow that thread anyways so lets see what Old Bear say.

Hope that helps.

Are you using on-board or dedicated/USB sound card?

• Like 1

Whenever I click the server browser in the multiplayer tab my game crashes and I get this error. I've tried so many things to fix this. Why is this happening.