markussr1984

Bohemia, why you want to destroy your Community ?

Why this title?

1. I saw that Bohemia makes a free Arma 3 weekend. It´s a good idea, but not at the moment. Invictus Load is active and undetected right now, many servers has 5 or more attacks from Hackers per day. This alone is bad enogth to steel the fun on this game. now comes a free weekend and new players can see how nice hackable is arma. and hackers does not worry about banned accounts, becouse its free!

Why u don´t fix the current hackable parts and then make a free weekend ??????????

2. Monitizing Rules:

Yes i like the control and limitation of real money. That was a good idea. But its hard to get enogth money to pay servers.

The system is good as is atm. I only had one wish, please allow it to sell ingame money. Players want to be able to buy it. They buy it! if allowed or not.

but now. they buy it from other players for worse prizes and servers does not get anything from this.

have a nice weekend bohemia. i have to protect my server manually against the fucking hackers now.

and please don´t answer something about battleye filter. its not possible to detect the most fetures of this hack

Why this title?

1. I saw that Bohemia makes a free Arma 3 weekend. It´s a good idea, but not at the moment. Invictus Load is active and undetected right now, many servers has 5 or more attacks from Hackers per day. This alone is bad enogth to steel the fun on this game. now comes a free weekend and new players can see how nice hackable is arma. and hackers does not worry about banned accounts, becouse its free!

Why u don´t fix the current hackable parts and then make a free weekend ??????????

use BE, use signed mods... 

2. Monitizing Rules:

Yes i like the control and limitation of real money. That was a good idea. But its hard to get enogth money to pay servers.

The system is good as is atm. I only had one wish, please allow it to sell ingame money. Players want to be able to buy it. They buy it! if allowed or not.

but now. they buy it from other players for worse prizes and servers does not get anything from this.

if you cannot afford to pay for an arma server, don't start one.
  • Like 10

have a nice weekend bohemia. i have to protect my server manually against the fucking hackers now.

and please don´t answer something about battleye filter. its not possible to detect the most fetures of this hack

use BE, use signed mods... 

You know what works even better than BattleEye? That's right, you guessed it, putting a password on the fucking server and not letting mongs in...

• Like 13

use third-party antihack tools like infistar... and toys like invictus are never undetected...

its what they tell the kids... so they buy their hacker stuff... and get banned right away...

we got almost every hackerkiddie on our servers with their G-E-F and invictus toys...

dont rely on battleye alone to do his job...

use be filters... check the logfiles they create afterwards... and use third-party antihacks...

• Like 1

Translation:

Bohemia, I believe you are destroying my money making

- I want as many people as I can on my server

- I want them to give me money

- I don't want them to be hackers

• Like 11

i have to protect my server manually against the f*ck*ng hackers now.

2 questions I guess:

If you have paying customers, why isn't the server password protected?

If you are receiving money for hosting, isn't it part of your "job" to manually maintain the security?

Maybe there's reasonable answers to these :) I don't know. It seems like a lot of work & hassle to me, I wouldn't do it. Unless it paid REALLY well :)

• Like 1

This useless thread is useless. Someone please delete it. Hackers can be prevented by not playing shit like LIFE or EXILE, Monetizing rules are Good as They are.

• Like 3

This useless thread is useless. Someone please delete it. Hackers can be prevented by not playing shit like LIFE or EXILE, Monetizing rules are Good as They are.

I'm just going to agree with you because your avatar picture scares the shit outta me !

• Like 6

I'm just going to agree with you because your avatar picture scares the shit outta me !

You people dont understand my beauty.

Or you are jealous of my classic features.

• Like 7

Monetizing rules are Good as They are.

I know this is not the right thread but I can't resist myself saying this; monetization rules are sort of okay but they do actively screw over mod makers. According to a BI lawyer, a mod maker can not charge server admins money to host his mod on their monetized servers.

In simple words; A server admin can go to a mod maker and ask; "Hey, can I go ahead and take your mod and host it on my monetized server so I get revenue off of it?"

According to BI rules a mod maker can not reply with "sure, if you give me a percentage" or "sure if you give me 5 bucks first".

So server admins get all the sweet $$ whereas mod makers are left with nothing but a small donation when the stars align.

So monetization rules are good? Meh.. mod makers are getting screwed, this way I'd rather see no monetization at all, but I know, I know, that's not what this thread was about. Sorreh  :P

• Like 3

This thread is laughable. "Destroying the community"? Think you may have been drunk.

Arma 3 is not perfect by any means but for ME, it's the best game of its genre. As for hackers, well I guess there are some still about but I haven't seen any in a long time

You people dont understand my beauty.

Or you are jealous of my classic features.

now i know how this new blackbeard operator in rainbow six siege looks without his helmet... ^^

The only thing that can "Destory" the community is the community itself, and we already faced that trial and tribulation with the popularization of life mods when genuine content creation dropped to a near nonexistant low.

Your idea about selling ingame money is horrid, if you want to talk about "Destroying the community" then you should reflect on this idea, think about pay to win games because that is exactly the same cycle that will come around, and the people to benefit most are going to be the abusers of the system.  If you can't afford a server, don't host it, you wouldn't buy a house that you can't support (not without consequences anyway).

Nah, it should be left up so people can have something to debate on while we wait for Apex, besides, ideas should be seen both good and bad :)

• Like 3

HI, thanks for the lot of comments, but you can be sure, i know how to use battleye and the be filters. and i know the pros and cons of infistar.

infistar is not useable on servers with high player count because it needs a lot of performance AND is useless against Invictus

Battleye does work in the case, the "Hacker" or better named ScriptKiddy uses any Script command, but if he is staying EngineBased there is nothing what be filter is able to detect.

The Engine Based fetures of Invictus are enoth to fuck up a server or the players.

Password and whitelist systems does maybe work if you completly lock out new players.

Whitelist is ner useless because Invictus is able to fake the player id AND has an optin to reed all ids from players on the server before join it.

What i meaned with the monitizing commend was missunderstanded!!!!

I wrote that the current rules are ok for me. I only wanted to show a pont what PLAYERS want to have.

i agree with the point that someone wants to earn money with servers, and mean that this is bad and should not be supportet.

But yes, we have a approved monitizing system working but earning money is far far away. we reinvestigate ALL the money in our server to give the player the best possible expiriance.

I also know that the "real" arma 3 community does not like life mods but please dont forget that the life community is the biggest part of all players who are playing arma 3.

I also know that the "real" arma 3 community does not like life mods but please dont forget that the life community is the biggest part of all players who are playing arma 3.

How can we forget such disgrace? How can we forget such shame?

• Like 4

Your idea about selling ingame money is horrid, if you want to talk about "Destroying the community" then you should reflect on this idea, think about pay to win games because that is exactly the same cycle that will come around, and the people to benefit most are going to be the abusers of the system.  If you can't afford a server, don't host it, you wouldn't buy a house that you can't support (not without consequences anyway).

Not coincidentally this mirrors Bohemia Interactive's own public stance, although they also stand by cosmetic/visual perks.

Can we turn this into a GIF thread?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

pD83kYQkhuhgY.gif

• Like 2

Keep the gif's going :) YMMD

Clearly this is turning out to be one of the best threads of all time. Hopefully no one will ruin it with pesky, unfortunate things like opinions or facts.  :lol:

Bahahah the smell of cat pish from first post brought em here. But now it's the cats pajamas. So in a twisted way. Thank you op :D.