tyrghen

Terrain - Kerama Islands - v1.0

I've done quite a few night missions already as you might see on our forum and I never experienced that problem. I've tested on the release version and can't reproduce it.

Can you please check if you had addons active and which ones? Did you do a simple test in the editor without addons?

Could you also give me the approximative coordinates?

I think it has to do with the exile code. When I start the map in the editor ther is nighttime like it should be, it's just when Exile is running I get these nights. I'll do some code digging!

I love the terrain, but i encountered some issues:

- Some trees/rocks very close to the taxiway (already mentioned i believe)

- if you come from the lower hangars, and have to drive up the hill, it is impossible as the plane cannot pickup enough speed to go up the hill.

- There is some sort of cart near the diagonal placed hangar on the lower level which makes it unable to exit the hangar with a plane, as the planes wings hit the cart.

- When you drive over the bridge on the runway, the plane will blow up, no matter the speed.

- the taxiway going uphill is too close the the rockwall (left side) so planes with a little bit bigger wingspan cant go up the hill.

All of these issues where encountered on the SpecOps Island, and using the A-164 Whipeout

A possible solution to the slope from the hangers to the runway: you could get rid of the slope altogether & use elevators like with the Nimitz aircraft carrier. Just a thought. ☺

I want to kindly ask if there is any ETA for the update. We have update sunday this week and it is just once a month. Would really love to see the updated map in our mod pack!

Outstanding work buddy...!

Keep up your motivation and i wish u best of luck for further updates!

Cheers
Chaser

We deployed the map successfully today. Might not be much, but I like my first screenshots from it :)

F8C112F1A74CF351EBFBB9AC0B060DDD28F2EFEB

CC1873B5064D102F9A6AEAB9D3F67ED5F163C767

Hi guys, I really like your map and I was planing to create some more missions on it. It would be awesome to know if you make changes to adjust it to the1.60 update. bw Daishi

• Like 1

Hi guys, I really like your map and I was planing to create some more missions on it. It would be awesome to know if you make changes to adjust it to the1.60 update. bw Daishi

Oh yes, there is an update to come hopefully.  :wub:

Devs said on Steam, that they are waiting for the new release of "Arma 3 Publisher". So 1.1 will "coming soon !!"

kerama_updatejesmv.jpg

• Like 1

Unusual and inspired map design!

Great work!

Hello guys!
Your great map has couple of bugs:
- satelite mask dont match with grass on the most of island (distant texture is black-ish, grass is light green. Possible solution - try darker grass or obviously tweak satmap
- some rocks use geometric occluders that disable object render despite you are under them. Hopefully, there is a way to change objects to ones that dont use occluders.

Despite of that problems map is insanely detailed and very interesting in terms of gameplay. Outstanding job!

the water is in some places no water, there is still not resolved?

REc9Z7I.jpgfZd4GM9.jpgiO6p5j9.jpgdxdOOYO.jpg

oHSUz2R.jpg

WuaFwDT.jpg

Anyone have a server side .pbo for this? I'd love to try it out on a little test server I have. 

Just opened this in the editor to look around. The skybox is mostly black. Was this broken by BI update?

Edit: NM, was using file from mediafire, the Steam version looks fine.

do you plan to change bridges to normal ones from Tanoa for example?

Absolutely love this map. Googled "Most Detailed Arma Map" and this came up as i never heard of it. Its rare to find map that has the right type of imagery to actually set a real memory in your mind. Shame it doesnt look ALIVE capable (i like dynamic missions to explore maps) but I did find a Pilgramige port and as Ive never really played out that mission- this looks like a good time for it. Thanks again to the creators of this exquisitely detailed map.

Hi all,

kerama is always WIP, unfortunately I didn't have much time for that,.. last year

But its design continues with many surprises to come.

We integrate Tanoa-derived objects, which involves redesigning some areas, and creating new ones ... for optimal gameplay.

See you soon

• Like 3