tyrghen

Terrain - Kerama Islands - v1.0

I posted this in the comments for your terrain on armaholic, but I will post here as well:

Amazing map! I can't imagine how long it took you to make this. The attention to detail is awesome (like the fact that you have dirt tracks from that dirt road onto the normal road) and the verticality is awesome. I haven't seen a map in arma have as many vertical aspects as yours. You have so many rock arches, bridges and platforms, its awesome.

I do have a few suggestions:

• At the Industrial complex at the partially dried river (the one shown in the fourth picture below), when you dive under the water (the big pond), not all of the concrete pieces actually go to the bottom. Adding more of the same kind of concrete piece or a second one inverted, should fix this.
  • Some optimization could be used. I have a pretty good PC for arma and usually get ~50 FPS in the editor at 4k draw distance on most maps. My computer was struggling to keep over 15 fps. If this isn't doable, I totally understand.
  • That addon you made to the hospital, moving it about 3m closer to the helipad would make that entire room in the bottom enclosed. I'm not sure you intended it to be open to the outside.
  • Deepening the sub pens would be nice. Some of them are quite shallow and can barely fit the Proteus (the sub in the stock game).
  • Also, in the sub base and other underground areas, there is a lot of pop-in and pop-out. Also in some areas, it won't render stuff across the way. I know it does this in buildings in arma when looking through windows and their system is far from perfect. That said, if its not exclusively engine side, it would be great if you could fix it.
  • Lastly, a very minor one is possibly include the location data for the 3den preview on the world map.

Once again, amazing job, by far the best map for Arma 3 yet. I look forward to improvements and whatever new projects you release here!

Very very realistic terrain, nice example for modding thx!!

I love the terrain, but i encountered some issues:

- Some trees/rocks very close to the taxiway (already mentioned i believe)

- if you come from the lower hangars, and have to drive up the hill, it is impossible as the plane cannot pickup enough speed to go up the hill.

- There is some sort of cart near the diagonal placed hangar on the lower level which makes it unable to exit the hangar with a plane, as the planes wings hit the cart.

- When you drive over the bridge on the runway, the plane will blow up, no matter the speed.

- the taxiway going uphill is too close the the rockwall (left side) so planes with a little bit bigger wingspan cant go up the hill.

All of these issues where encountered on the SpecOps Island, and using the A-164 Whipeout

So, I tried it:

probably the best map I've ever played!

Congrats for this work!

2 things however:

-In Nekadage airfield (the one in ruin), I think it would be better if you could empty the hangars so that the player can put whatever he wants in it - instead of having wreck already placed.

-Already noticed on some other maps, but some water area look black when flying over instead of green (I suppose). dunno where it comes from

hello and THx

nice!

you are really fast!!!

and an issue i have with several custom maps:

roads are not displayed after a certain distance ~1km

in your map, there are underlying dirtpaths. is it a problem with my settings or an issue for you?

Dirt roads underlying are not a problem, it's just the traces of construction machinery on the road, it's more...realistic

I love the terrain, but i encountered some issues:

- Some trees/rocks very close to the taxiway (already mentioned i believe)

- if you come from the lower hangars, and have to drive up the hill, it is impossible as the plane cannot pickup enough speed to go up the hill.

- There is some sort of cart near the diagonal placed hangar on the lower level which makes it unable to exit the hangar with a plane, as the planes wings hit the cart.

- When you drive over the bridge on the runway, the plane will blow up, no matter the speed.

- the taxiway going uphill is too close the the rockwall (left side) so planes with a little bit bigger wingspan cant go up the hill.

All of these issues where encountered on the SpecOps Island, and using the A-164 Whipeout

hello

trees and rocks was erased from taxiway,  all you have quoted will be correct, except.......the bridge : we try everything to try to allow the passage, but without success ... we continue to search....sorry

2 things however:

-In Nekadage airfield (the one in ruin), I think it would be better if you could empty the hangars so that the player can put whatever he wants in it - instead of having wreck already placed.

-Already noticed on some other maps, but some water area look black when flying over instead of green (I suppose). dunno where it comes from

good idea, i will clean some hangars, but not the totality to maintain a small aspect "abandoned"

the black appearance of the water is caused by  water shader of BIS, we will create our own shaders later....... it comes from the engine, and we cant do much with :(

Spent some more time with this tonight, I'm absolutely stunned by how fantastic it is. It's easily the most unique terrain I've ever seen in the Arma series.

Every grid on the terrain is interesting and different, and to think you've made these totally new features by combining vanilla A3 assets is even more impressive!

We experienced the same issues as the people above, but I'm sure once they are ironed out this map will be one for the ages!

Thank you and the team very much for your fantastic work on this.

This is an incredibly awesome, richly detailed map that is completely let down by the BIS AI. They just can't even.

Nice work!! This is now my favourite island so far, there is so much detail. I still haven't shot anyone on this island yet as I've been too busy exploring!! Keep up the outstanding work. Thanks ☺

Really good map, there are many interesting locations (abandoned airfield, Black Mesa facility, Spec Ops and Submarine bases, tunnels and arcs everywhere, i love it) i would love to use it for some scenarios, but it needs some polish, especially on performance aspect:

1. Submarine base - i love that tunnels, but sometimes objects near you dissappear (something like portal technology on old Quake/Unreal games) and FPS are really, really low (about 20-22 on i5-2500k and HD6950).

2. Biggest island - areas with forests are FPS-consumable too. And hospital missing wall on one side.

With some tweaks, this map will easily become one of the best maps for Arma 3.

Good work!

This map has an amazing amount of detail, do you all have grey beards?  It reminds me of one of the better maps on bad company 2. Nice job ;)

thanks 

WIP report :

spec ops base :

cleaning road
removing obstacles
Adding flora in the east  area

konami :

ground smoothing

Adding a new area

correct object placement

abandonned airport :

hangard cleaning

Dam :

try to create a supershader for water, and correct clipping

correct object placement

ground smoothing

General :

CPP modification : lights and clutters

thanks

• Like 1

You can solve this type of issues for your mission by using the hideObject command. IAs and players can then ignore the object.

I've use this trick to ease road controls for IAs (hiding the barrier on the server side/headless side only).

I also use it to customize bases and such.

Excellent map but unfortunately I get some really low FPS at places..

Wow, just wow :o stunning work guys, unique and special and i'm still exploring and finding new stuff i say wow at.

omfg........ this is the most amazing map i have ever played!

But one thing, the bridges for taxiways and runways at the spec op base, well they dostroy or damage the plane, depending on what speed you go at. So You basicly cant use that end part of the runway, and the longest part is a bit too short . 

Anyways, im out of words, this map is just so amazing....

Hi,
First off thanks for this awesome map. It's unlike anything I have ever played!
If you don't mind, could you look into nighttime? For some reason it's just daytime with a black sky. Any other minor points of feedback have already been mentioned so I'll refrain from double trouble :)
Again thanks so so much for releasing this!

/Edit:

Just to show what I mean:

he.md.jpg

Outstanding map! I am absolutely hyped and can't wait to have it added to our modset at the end of next week. Even though I downloaded the map in advance and had a quick look on it. Came across some bugs I wanted to report:

Roadtunnel north of Houseki - look to south while ontop of it - cliff has displaying issues
Watertower in Ryoushi Mura - climb on it - damage or death
Submarine Base - Center of island - looking south - cliff has displaying issues when looking south from base
Submarine Base - southern landing platform - can't climb out of water
Submarine Base - everywhere - massive clipping errors and world rendering errors

Thanks for this outstanding work. I will mission make the shit out of it. IMHO the most awesome map I ever came by!

Hello!

Nice map, thanks for your time.

Objects are placed twice in this location.

8n3Rm2nKr?etag=9A409190A76FAD9641A26EC5D

Thanks to everyone for the feedbacks.

Even if I've been quiet, we have taken all elements into account.

We're currently testing internally the different changes and corrections.

We'll be making an update in the coming days for a first batch of changes.

As I already mentionned, it's a large island, so it's a lot of work.

All your feedbacks help us to make it better!

One small remark though, if you experience specific problems, please give some approximative coordinates so we can look into it.

Hi,

First off thanks for this awesome map. It's unlike anything I have ever played!

If you don't mind, could you look into nighttime? For some reason it's just daytime with a black sky. Any other minor points of feedback have already been mentioned so I'll refrain from double trouble :)

Again thanks so so much for releasing this!

I've done quite a few night missions already as you might see on our forum and I never experienced that problem. I've tested on the release version and can't reproduce it.

Can you please check if you had addons active and which ones? Did you do a simple test in the editor without addons?

Could you also give me the approximative coordinates?