Sign in to follow this  
shaman27

Can't Speak Through Remote Controlled AI Units

Small but limiting issue, when I remote control an AI unit, when I speak it still comes from my original player unit rather than the AI I am controlling. My group's modpack uses ACRE and ACE. There is an ACE Medical Module that we have placed and pre-set in our mission framework that includes an option for "Remote Control AI," and it says that when it is DISABLED, remote controlled AI are treated as players. To me this means that when I speak I should be heard through the AI unit, but this is not the case; I can walk over to my original player unit as the remote controlled AI, make noise and watch my original unit's mouth move. Enabling this option has not changed anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? I make frequent use of this feature in my missions. Last time the character the players had to speak to was stationary behind a desk so I just laid down behind it and ventriloquist'd the conversation, but that isn't an option most of the time!

Thanks in advance.

Small but limiting issue, when I remote control an AI unit, when I speak it still comes from my original player unit rather than the AI I am controlling. My group's modpack uses ACRE and ACE. There is an ACE Medical Module that we have placed and pre-set in our mission framework that includes an option for "Remote Control AI," and it says that when it is DISABLED, remote controlled AI are treated as players. To me this means that when I speak I should be heard through the AI unit, but this is not the case; I can walk over to my original player unit as the remote controlled AI, make noise and watch my original unit's mouth move. Enabling this option has not changed anything.

Why would an ACE module affect your ACRE voice comms? Or, more specifically, why would you expect it to have any affect?

Have you tried asking in the ACRE thread, that is probably the best place for this as its not a bug with the main game per se.

Why would an ACE module affect your ACRE voice comms? Or, more specifically, why would you expect it to have any affect?

Have you tried asking in the ACRE thread, that is probably the best place for this as its not a bug with the main game per se.

I figured that if the remote AI is being treated as a player, even if by ACE, that might indicate to ACRE to allow voice chat through the unit. Anyway, I'll pop over to the ACRE thread instead, thanks.

I haven't tried with ACRE, but this is possible with TFAR. If you remote control a unit in Zeus, you will speak from that unit as if you were them. 

It's not a Zeus problem it is an ACRE problem. Apparently it is going to be fixed in the next ACRE update.

But in the mean time it works perfectly fine with TFAR.