bigger than I expected.

Size isn't everything.

• Like 1

Can we also have a description.ext command to disable free-hand drawing?

That made my day. Guess the issue is bigger than I expected.

They've been grappling with the tissue alot longer than we have

• Like 2

Can we have thickness option in next iterations?

Yeah that's like most important thing for drawing dicks..

• Like 1

Yeah that's like most important thing for drawing dicks..

You can draw dicks all you like, I don't though.I also don't exclude features based on trolls and the like :lol:

You can draw dicks all you like, I don't though.I also don't exclude features based on trolls and the like :lol:

I've got a degree in biology and it's much easier for me to draw penii than 'lady gardens'. Always do what you do best.

The poor developer was probably chuffed about introducing a great new feature. I doubt they were expecting a discussion on budding graffiti artists drawing knobs. :D

• Like 1

The poor developer was probably chuffed about introducing a great new feature. I doubt they were expecting a discussion on budding graffiti artists drawing knobs. :D

Yes this is a great feature that many have awaited. Doing routes or some other marks with dots is quite time consuming.

Is it possible to change the color of the line like with other markers?

I doubt it too, but you and I both know it was inevitable.

I have a vision of of solzenicyn sitting at his desk, head in hands, sobbing quietly and dwarden standing behind him, hand on his shoulder in a consoling fashion saying "I told you this would happen!"

• Like 3

Nice, land navigation is now complete with intersection (cant drawn straight lines) more navigation tools in development?

I came here to post this. I was trying it out yesterday and it reminded me of an old gripe I had: the compass is too small in the map screen! You can't read the degrees, so it makes intersection/resection and other land nav essentials very difficult. This is very important to me because I play without extended map info so I need to use this to navigate and find my position.

...the compass is too small in the map screen! You can't read the degrees, so it makes intersection/resection and other land nav essentials very difficult. This is very important to me because I play without extended map info so I need to use this to navigate and find my position.

No need to read the degrees, just aim sighting wire to the object. The compass`s baseplate straight-edge automatic rotates to the designated degrees, draw coincident line on the straight-edge and choose another azimuth for an intersection.

we're looking into ways how ensure spamming and abuse can be detected / revealed by everyone or admin , same goes for dedicated server options/rulesets etc.

Maybe give us limited tint :D  For example, you have some sort of limit how much you can draw,and when we exceed that limit,only way we can get tint back is deleting already draw lines.   I know this is to much of work but i like that idea

No need to read the degrees, just aim sighting wire to the object. The compass`s baseplate straight-edge automatic rotates to the designated degrees, draw coincident line on the straight-edge and choose another azimuth for an intersection.

Map Tools in ACE2/3 solved this almost 6 years ago...

• Like 1

I came here to post this. I was trying it out yesterday and it reminded me of an old gripe I had: the compass is too small in the map screen! You can't read the degrees, so it makes intersection/resection and other land nav essentials very difficult. This is very important to me because I play without extended map info so I need to use this to navigate and find my position.

This is a bug. In the Alpha one was able to double click on it to enlarge it, however, it's has been broken since then.

Awesome. Potential beginning of Map Tools ?

• Like 1

Great. Now we only need an option to animate it so it can wiggle.

On a serious note I dont think we would need an option to disable it. Just disable it in the mission trough this.

For more friendly environemnt perhaps a server.cfg value or server.profile setting?

Line drawing is an awesome feature that I'm really looking foward to. Should it also happen to come with a set of script commands along the lines of what the ALiVE team requested...well, that'd be just incredible :)

EDIT: Might be out of scope for your task, but since you're already working on the map: Would it be possible to get an optional toggle for icons so that they have the same scaling behaviour as the lines? (I.e. they behave as if drawn on paper, unlike the current icons). Currently if I zoom in and draw something detailed with both lines and icons then the lines and the icons will behave differently when I zoom out :)

• Like 1

At last there will be availability of ploting our position based on bearings of compass!

Of course if compass will be big enough to see any values on it (it means MUCH bigger). Nowadays when small game interface size is setted (I assume it is standard) compass is almost useless on the map.

Regards.

EDIT: Hmmm... I see this will be "curved" line. Well, it would be good if there would be an option of drawing a "straight" line for simple cartographic works (eg. CTRL+SHIFT+LMB).

Some Suggestions

Sorry for my poor English (I'm still use Google Translate).

1) Allow us see who created the marker or line and when you hover over it with your mouse, this information also could be drawn in channel color that marker was put in

2) If marker or line is deleted allow us to hover over that place and see player name that deleted it.

3) Allow us to move markers with by holding Shift and RMB.

9rAThiU.jpg

P.S. What is it with Double Click on Compass?

• Like 1

I would like to suggest marker event handlers to be introduced as well, something like HandleCreateUserMarker, HandleDeleteUserMarker so mission designers can filter markers depending on their contents as well as trigger mission-specific events on marker creation and deletion.

• Like 5

I agree with some of the other posters here, hovering over a marker should show some details like: Time created, author, channel.

• Like 2

Please consider only allowing line drawing for GROUP channel on map, and not global, nor side chat.

Or, some server side tools for making this kind of adjustment to how this tool can be used, with respect to each of the three channels used in Arma 3.

Suggestion: Having semi-transparent color pens, so that you can scribble an area on the map with semi-transparent color, to say color a part of a forest. That way, you end up with a colored area, and not just opaque lines.

• Added: Authors of markers / drawn lines can now be displayed

Any info on this? 

Any info on this? 

2Rawn1D.png

Works only in multiplayer or  hosted sessions (Which makes sense)

Any chance you could also add the time the marker was created underneath the name?