As we implemented new cool feature to DEV branch - limping when character has injured legs, we want to gather your feedback in this thread.

Feel free to post your suggestions and feelings as we want to provide you best possible result of the feature in game.

Please note:

• This technology is subject to change and may still contain errors / lack certain features.
  • You can quickly check out the effects of limping by running this scripting command: player setHit ["legs", 1];
  • Like 23

This feature must be developed in cooperation with dayz team or am I wrong?

Will test it out, but I'm exciting in deciding in favor of adding this in!

Also i will test it out

Is it possible to divide the limp for each leg and when both are 1, the avatar only walk in prone?

yVWa3Gw.gif

• Like 4

If you are walking the soundset plays running sound or something similar

burkhar

As stated on twitter the Limp seems a bit too fast in light you shot, have battle stress and Shock. I would also like more of a foot drag with the limp.

Secondly does limp get worse the more injured you are? In light of being shot in say the Pelvis and Leg?

danil-ch in his video Soldier appears to not be in pain but more a light injury and can be "walk it off".

Just to provide some scope of the feature to base your expectations: The goal is to visualize current behaviour that previously forced soldiers to walk if they had damaged legs. We don't plan any changes to the triggers of this behaviour currently, but the new limping actions and animations are freely available for modders to devise their own medical systems :icon_twisted:

• Like 6

Im missing such a feature in the ArmA Series since I saw it the first time in a tactical shooter 15 Years ago, "Ghost Recon" from 2001.

The only question about it is: what took you so long?

• Like 3

Im missing such a feature in the ArmA Series since I saw it the first time in a tactical shooter 15 Years ago, "Ghost Recon" from 2001.

The only question about it is: what took you so long?

Time and low priority.

Could someone plese provide a video or a GIF of limping soldier with lowered weapon ?

It will take me 3 hours to download dev build just to look at that.

We don't plan any changes to the triggers of this behaviour currently, but the new limping actions and animations are freely available for modders to devise their own medical systems :icon_twisted:

I believe you should:

It always doesn't feel right in my opinion.

There's also a blood trail bug in the end where the blood trail was stretched 50m.

Great.Can't wait to check this out when i get to play arma in a couple of hours.Have wanted limping for a long time.Thanks guys. :D

Could someone plese provide a video or a GIF of limping soldier with lowered weapon ?

It will take me 3 hours to download dev build just to look at that.

I had an internet radio on, sorry about that  :mellow:

• Like 1

The limp should be a little bit more pronounced if possible. Currently it looks like he's faking an injury to get off from duty a bit sooner.

• Like 9

I believe you should:

It always doesn't feel right in my opinion.

There's also a blood trail bug in the end where the blood trail was stretched 50m.

Well I see what you mean at least he should crumple over alive never the less and crawl and then over 30 minutes or so bleed out and die. But would that mean likely a new system on blood loss? However its a bit of a huge eye sore to see an AI unit die from two shots to the Leg. Currently we have a crawl system. So cant the injury to the leg(s) be tied to falling over...be tied to crawling until Unit is healed?

My issue is the AI don't seem to miss a beat even when shot in the legs. In fact from what I saw in your video. Shoot him and he seems to just walk still normally. I get this is still very WIP. But I cant but agree this needs to be looked at at all avenues.

Secondly pettka what happen if for instance we only play Single player? ACE is not a viable option for everyone.  ACE works well with fellow human players healing you. Use ACE in Single player an get shot. That's it. You wont recover. But a build in Vanilla system rolled out over a month may be a worthwhile investment. In light Arma 3 will be around a few more.

• Like 1

This brings back the pain :/  I had knee injury and I was limping like this could bearly stand on my leg,as for this Limp animation I would say injured soldier would drag the leg more but still depends on injury  but definitely like the way this is going :D

I had an internet radio on, sorry about that  :mellow:

Thanks. Powerful stuff right there. Valuable material for cut scenes. If maybe someone could show another one without the weapon, on a civilian. Forgot to ask to show without a weapon though.

Head bob seems excessive in first person with weapon up, compared to when looking down sights or weapon down.

I really like the limping wow! It should be a great addition to game for more "authenticity"

DJankovicYeah I have blown out knees and ankles from Skateboarding. in fact my right ankle makes a click sound when I make circles with my foot. Thus I believe it needs to more pronounced. I mean you shot with likely serious Muscle damage and or broken bones. You not exactly going to be running marathons.

It's not that big a deal but I think there should be a 'wounded' variant of the default standing animation (weapon down). It looks a bit weird limping around but then stopping and your guy goes into a perfectly relaxed-looking state where he's doing all the idle gestures, standing up straight and doesn't look injured at all.

• Like 8

Thanks. Powerful stuff right there. Valuable material for cut scenes. If maybe someone could show another one without the weapon, on a civilian. Forgot to ask to show without a weapon though.

No probs

• Like 1

Well now when we have Limp animation for leg...imagine how cool would it be if you get shoot in the arm and you can not hold your rifle with that hand and you are shouldering rifle with one hand :D and trying to hit something

• Like 3