@das attorney, yes the eyes gonna roll back, here a wip screen capture

• Like 3

While I think about it (sorry I should have updated last post), I noticed the video is titled "side attack animation", so are you going to have a few attack anims?

Also, are the sharks able to do spy hopping?   I would have thought that breaching might be too complex (as fish breaking the surface aren't really supported by Arma's engine), but spy hopping would be a nice addition given it's a distinct behaviour of Great Whites.

Offtopic: If you're interested in Great Whites, then there's an excellent website where you can track them (I keep an eye on a shark called Katharine).  

Linky:

http://www.ocearch.org/?profile=katharine

• Like 3

Great stuff! Thx das attorney! Abbout spy hopping, i have to discuss that with BB, dont know if it is possible in deed.

• Like 1

I made a spy hop animation, only need some particle fx to make it perfect  :D

F214D4D17A0ECBCC6DBAAFF94166958268D4A939

• Like 5

Offtopic: If you're interested in Great Whites, then there's an excellent website where you can track them (I keep an eye on a shark called Katharine).  

Linky:

http://www.ocearch.org/?profile=katharine

Yup follow that also, think linda is the one I've been following, they are doing awesome stuff that team and sharkmen was awesomes!

Back on topic, maybe in future updates if you get the chance, you could add the bottom up attack so the shark breaches, pretty spectacular in real life vid below. Awesome work as ever B@Co

• Like 4

Yup follow that also, think linda is the one I've been following, they are doing awesome stuff that team and sharkmen was awesomes!

Back on topic, maybe in future updates if you get the chance, you could add the bottom up attack so the shark breaches, pretty spectacular in real life vid below. Awesome work as ever B@Co

I was watching Lydia too but she's been a bit quiet since June: (I assume you meant Lydia as I searched for Linda and couldn't find a shark with that tag).

http://www.ocearch.org/?profile=lydia

Kinda hoping she made her way over to UK shores but nothing so far - with global warming though, who knows?  (Although we would have to get a good regular colony of seals to make it juicy enough for her and her mates)

Regarding breaching, checkout the prev page mate   :)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190671-great-white-shark/?p=3089827

BTW - Awesome video mate - not seen that one before   :)

• Like 3

@Jeza and das attorney, thx guys for your support!, i was wandering, should i start a new topic in the work in progress section?

@Jeza and das attorney, thx guys for your support!, i was wandering, should i start a new topic in the work in progress section?

Yeah, that would be an ideal place to showcase your work, as one of the mods to move this into it ;)

• Like 2

I saw a couple of posts asking about whether the sharks wil be doing breach attacks by leaping from the water, and another about whether their eyes roll over white when attacking. I think these pics will answer those questions....  ;)

5Qq7WpV.jpg

jVUJsDh.jpg

1qaLcCg.jpg

• Like 6

Wow. I have to say this needs be added by default to Tanoa. Can the behaviour be adapted to crocs for Lingor etc ?

• Like 1

Wow. I have to say this needs be added by default to Tanoa. Can the behaviour be adapted to crocs for Lingor etc ?

No idea-I just take the pics mate :D  Although B@Co did mention doing a croc-I saw a pic of a big salty he made.Not sure of it's status at the moment.

The shark animations are wonderfully fluid-Scared the hell out of me when it breached :D I was just swimming past it and it launched itself up and out of the water.They are also doing a great sidewards bite-as if taking a chunk out of a large object as they swim past it.

• Like 1

This... is... AMAZIN

It should be in the default game...

• Like 2

As previously mentioned, a Megalodon addon would be epic!

• Like 1

Really hope this is the beginning of many new creatures in Arma. Saw that you may have gotten a whale model as well. Are you planning on doing more sea life after this?

I think a tutorial on how to get new animal models in game would go a long way, as it seems many are interested in this.

Regardless, this is extremely cool and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Oh this is marvelous! Can't believe I haven't saw this thread already!

This + a megalodon Addon = me not seeing the light for about 15 light years!

(I would imagine this mod + zombies and demons in which the player escapes in a boat through the sunset feeling happy that no more zombies will eat him only for a shark or megalodon to pop up and eat him and dive away!)

Closely will follow the upcoming WIP thread :D

• Like 2

Oh this is marvelous! Can't believe I haven't saw this thread already!

This + a megalodon Addon = me not seeing the light for about 15 light years!

(I would imagine this mod + zombies and demons in which the player escapes in a boat through the sunset feeling happy that no more zombies will eat him only for a shark or megalodon to pop up and eat him and dive away!)

Closely will follow the upcoming WIP thread :D

Hahahaha! I like the way you think :)  

• Like 1

Hahahaha! I like the way you think :)

The possibilities with this mod is endless! :D

Once the shark is finished... Only I can hope for tigers, Cats (Il probably make the cats invincible if it ever existed and If I used it in my mission :P) Lions, Camels, And elephants! But it's too early :)

If someone tries to make a megalodon il probably thing the shark would be scaled larger but I'm probably wrong but yet again it's too early!

I can see this being a very popular mod for immersion guys and of course horror fans! (And a whole lot more people)

Can't wait honestly! Kudos to the developer and you! (Maybe I'm wrong but I think you assisted in this?)

Can't wait honestly! Kudos to the developer and you! (Maybe I'm wrong but I think you assisted in this?)

No-I do nothing with this mod except take pictures and spread the word- Advertising and PR, hehehehe   ;)

Regarding a Megalodon, In theory just scaling up the existing model would make a good Meg, but I have no idea if that is easy or even possible-I know nothing about modelling.

• Like 1

No-I do nothing with this mod except take pictures and spread the word- Advertising and PR, hehehehe   ;)

Regarding a Megalodon, In theory just scaling up the existing model would make a good Meg, but I have no idea if that is easy or even possible-I know nothing about modelling.

Ah taking screenshots and advertising, Well you have done a fantastic job with it! :D

About the megalodon it may work but I don't know the difficulty, Recently I was making a gold bar so that my bank won't have money piles everywhere (Some shameless spoiler and advertisement here dammit!) I massively increased the size in blender, popped it into object builder and then it became gigantic apparently, The textures for the mouth might have to be refined since the megalodon has a gigantic mouth rather than it's shark counterparts.

But I'm just a beginner in blender, Haven't done much other than experimenting with wonky shapes and ridicules pyramids. But I guess I'm going off topic now :)

• Like 2

@Jeza and das attorney, thx guys for your support!

Hi B@Co,

I'm really into sharks so let me know if there's any info you need.  I know a fair bit but if there's something I don't know, then I'm happy to scour books/internet until I can find something useful.

Just a thought about attacking players - If it's an attack where they grab and shake (or breach), you could set some Memory Points in the jaws to attach units to and use a script to try and ragdoll the unit with setUnconscious scripting command  - I don't know if it would follow the memory points as the head shakes but it's definitely worth a try (I imagine BB will know as he's shit-hot at that sort of stuff).

Also, it might be worth doing some research on attack choice, as there is evidence that Great Whites attack more based on the color of clothing that swimmers are wearing (dark seal-like colours are more attractive, but if someone is wearing yellows/reds etc, then they are more reserved).  Maybe they see it as a warning color (like many other fish would do to something like a banded sea-snake for example).

There's also Modus Operandi to consider, as often they will single out someone to attack and ignore nearby swimmers completely.  (Single minded maybe?)

I watched a documentary recently that suggested they will stalk their prey against the tide, so they can smell their prey but the prey can't smell them (much like a lion does).  Shame Arma doesn't support tidal flow etc!  

Perhaps you could incorporate a threat display, so in certain situations it gives a visual cue that the shark feels threatened and will be more likely to attack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_threat_display

Anyway, I hope you don't think I'm ranting at you about all this but see it more of some things you could possibly consider for the model and behavioural FSM.

If you've got a few euros spare and want a chilling read, then keep an eye out for a book called "Shark Attack" by David H Baldridge.  It's very old, but it's a fascinating (and often chilling) account of every shark attack in recorded history up to 1974.  - Paperback is the way to go if you want to save $$$ obv   :)

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-attack-Henry-David-BALDRIDGE/dp/0903925974

• Like 2

I'm with DA.

Love sharks too. Always been a dream to do a chumming trip off the Cape... haven't won the lottery yet tho lol.

Love the idea of the attack above. Really great job on the eyes and breach anims.

I got to do a shark dive in Fiji and they are just the coolest animals...

A smaller reef shark and a tiger shark would be awesome too...

Keep it up guys...

• Like 3

Don't know if it is possible-but what the breaching is missing as a huge splash :) Maybe using whatever makes the water churn up behind boats in game?