Another skin  :)

B8FF58A74C2B76F15CEC5ECA47312304FA6DE368

• Like 5

Wow!

Now you're just showing off. Lol.

BIS, hire this guy for a SeaLife DLC Pack. Seriously. I don't know why I keep coming back to this project. I'm just super impressed. Working on organic life for games is extremely difficult. So fucking cool!

Would love to see something like a 2% chance of running into one of these while playing diving ops. Just to get that eerie, you never know... feeling. *gulp*

The new water environment looks great now. Super excited to see this project continued. My hat's off, man! Okay, I'll stop gushing now. Gets me pumped up to make my own creepy stuff. I wish BIS would make the environment as much a factor, as the enemy. Anyways...

Cheers.

• Like 3

Doing a little testing with these-they look great.Very intimidating when they appear out of the gloomy water :) 

8dpIkoO.jpg

a1PPdZF.jpg

• Like 5

Doing a little testing with these-they look great.Very intimidating when they appear out of the gloomy water :)

8dpIkoO.jpg

a1PPdZF.jpg

Hmmm I'm just giving my two cents ok? I think you really should leave the area NOW before it's too late! 

• Like 1

Fantastic shots ineptaphid!!!

• Like 1

When/if you release this i would be interested in working on its behaviour...

Love sharks so it would be a labor of love :)

Have to do some digging in other animal behaviours and then adapt..

Mikey knows his way around fsms so that will help too

• Like 1

Fantastic shots ineptaphid!!!

Thanks-more coming. But I just don't seem to be able to get the water looking as nice as in your pics...whats the secret?

Ik think my system is'nt as good as yours. The resolution is high. Maybe more anti aliasing?

And you most place a plankton module, that gifs a nice depth feeling. I think it is under modules/effects/plankton.

Love to see more pictures  :P

@cosmic, Hey cosmic, hoverguy allready gonna jump into that, after the weekend we have a steam consult to discuss my needs in the fsm.

I want this animal as close to the real thing. And editable for other wildlife i'm gonna work on :D.

, Hey cosmic, hoverguy allready gonna jump into that, after the weekend we have a steam consult to discuss my needs in the fsm.

I want this animal as close to the real thing. And editable for other wildlife i'm gonna work on :D.

Nice.. looking forward to it. :)

• Like 1

Ik think my system is'nt as good as yours. The resolution is high. Maybe more anti aliasing?

And you most place a plankton module, that gifs a nice depth feeling. I think it is under modules/effects/plankton.

Love to see more pictures  :P

@cosmic, Hey cosmic, hoverguy allready gonna jump into that, after the weekend we have a steam consult to discuss my needs in the fsm.

I have everything maxed out,options wise-maybe I need to mess with lighting some more.Never even knew there was a plankton module....

Now that i have access to Tanoa, I have a feeling the waters there will be becoming more dangerous...  ;)

• Like 1

Tanoa was made for this baby... let's see some pics... :p

• Like 3

The possibilities of this and other seaborne predators appearing around that Galapagos is a nice prospect indeed!

• Like 2

Looks fantastic in the video. Any chance for a Megalodon version later? Would be incredible to see it swim up to a submarine or carrier!

• Like 5

This mod looks great, I'm really hoping you are enjoying the modding process so you make more predators and ambient life!

• Like 2

@flax_ there is a saltwater croc on my list, and i'm thinking on some land predators like a Tiger etc. but after the Great White is delivered.  :D

• Like 3

Salt water crocs!

Be so awesome... if you need some help testing etc let me know.

• Like 5

Alpha/Beta tester needed?  A Tiger,with a lot of animations,a nice tail moving,with glowing eyes in the night,will look fabulous in A3,keep it up!

Shot!!  :D  I see i need a bigger border arround my color texture, the little seam is caused by mipmapping, shall fix that.

• Like 1

Some new testing footage from FAT69

• Like 4

Some new testing footage from FAT69

Very nice footage.

I'm really enjoying testing these-they are starting to look absolutely perfect in game now-the way they move and the light hits them, looks like they were designed as part of the game.

2LxkycJ.jpg

TLgQHTO.jpg

fnQ5pr7.jpg

• Like 7

very nice footage... the lighting definately looks great

• Like 2

hey B@co

I have spent quite a lot of time i nthe water in unsung mod, developing csj's sharks into a module, to randomly spawn sharks to attack downed pilots.

I have added a FFV version of pooks life-raft you can inflate from your pilot vest when hitting the water.

I also added hunting behaviour to the civ AI controlled sharks.

And then when they get close to a player, they cause injury, screaming and blood fx in the water.

I also made shark-chaser repellent, but haven't used it in the script yet.

I was also planning to have them circle and bump the liferaft, and eventually burst it, so the sounds i mixed have swishing bubbling fx, as they investigate first passively then more aggressively. when your raft is burst you would have a few mins max before the shark tried to take a bite out of you.

you can imagine the downed pilots screaming for CSAR to pick them up...

pook has also made the H13 which lands on water (straight outta jaws), which we have in unsung for CSAR.

some pics from back in the day

raft1_zps0463bedc.jpg

sharks-1_zpsa54b6c23.jpg

shark2_zpsaba67a52.jpg

sc1_zps9fe57350.jpg

My plan for A3 was to develop this to completion as I had to shelve the code in A2, due to other priorities in unsung.

So far I have finished the liferaft and sharkchaser items, and the raft inflate scripts etc.

raft1_zpsrocplj7w.jpg

4_zpshr9hzx6n.jpg

If you can make the models, I will happily write a module to cause these kinds of behaviours, complete with sounds (splashing, screaming etc) and effects.

My only request would be that you allow us to adopt the mod inside of unsung also? then you can have a standalone version but we could have an unsung version, so people dont need extra mods to run unsung with sharks.

in terms of development, if you are up for it, in the future, could you also model a mako / hammerhead?

My original degree is in animal behaviour, and I have studied things like the maths of flocking algorithms so i can even make schools of fish swarm properly, though it would probably lag in arma... but i can help with other sealife behaviour if needed.

• Like 7

@eggbeast Hello, when the GreatWhite will go officially in it's 1.0 version in the open, i shall donate her to Unsung, and after we have a salty croc to swim from, i will take a look at mako/hammerhead maybe  :P

• Like 1