Sign in to follow this  
Ed!

Voronoi Diagram & Fortune's Algorithm

I've been having trouble getting this to work due to the inability to build classes with their own members etc. It is hard (not impossible) to accomplish certain things. I've managed to do some A* algorithms in the past which involved nested arrays within nested arrays within nested arrays.

The reason I want to use Voronoi diagrams, is because it uses site points (positions - example: trees, players, rocks etc.) and renders nodes and edges which are like central positions between the site points.

This will be a non-random approach to replace BIS_fnc_findSafePos with guaranteed success (if there exists a solution given the environment).

Every result that is not favorable can just be added as a site point to the algorithm which will lead to an intelligent algorithm which can evenly distribute objects over an area within any environment.

I can do this with object orientated programming, but that would require me to build addons which I don't prefer.

On 09/05/2016 at 9:39 PM, Ed! said:

I've been having trouble getting this to work due to the inability to build classes with their own members etc. It is hard (not impossible) to accomplish certain things. I've managed to do some A* algorithms in the past which involved nested arrays within nested arrays within nested arrays.

The reason I want to use Voronoi diagrams, is because it uses site points (positions - example: trees, players, rocks etc.) and renders nodes and edges which are like central positions between the site points.

This will be a non-random approach to replace BIS_fnc_findSafePos with guaranteed success (if there exists a solution given the environment).

Every result that is not favorable can just be added as a site point to the algorithm which will lead to an intelligent algorithm which can evenly distribute objects over an area within any environment.

I can do this with object orientated programming, but that would require me to build addons which I don't prefer.

This is a gonna be a bit of a necro and but hey, this might be what you're looking for.

• Like 1

@mrcurry You made my year.
I got a bit carried away with real life.

I will add this to my mission and give you credit in all CAPS.

• Thanks 1