Varies by the content though, I'm sure... for example modelers' skills outside of Oxygen/Object Builder I'm sure will be no worse off, though if the aspiration of just outright using a non-proprietary-to-Bohemia format isn't achievable, then at least something akin to Take On Mars' FBX to TXO converter? However, I imagine that we can pretty much throw out all our knowledge of SQF when it comes to bringing a mod from Arma 3 to an Enfusion-powered game, even if it is in favor of a "faster, cleaner and more powerful" Enforce Script.

Well yes, I'm sure there will be some compatibility headaches, that's likely inevitable. I don't really want to go into specifics, as it means going into speculations. It really is too early, and our dev teams will involve the community as soon as we have at least some foundation of the new mod workflow ;) 

Has this new engine been assigned a project superlative yet?  :P

I have played a bit of the experimental branch of DayZ that has the very first iteration of the render module from the Enfusion engine... I've long been a skeptic that Bohemia will ever truly tackle the long-standing performance issues that they have...

That said... even in its early state, the performance improvement is around 3-5x better than it was prior. Where I would get 12-20fps in large cities on that game, I now get around 45-70+ fps. Where I would get 40-60fps, I now get 60-140fps. All with higher settings. The improvement is undeniable. The main reason I even ever played dayz was b/c of this "mysterious" new engine they are building, which I thought would just end up being like the "brand new" RV4 engine...

But, as I've read posts from the DayZ team, they seem to have been much more open about current engine shortcomings (ie sqf script) than the impression I get from Bohemia on this forum. I'm actually becoming optimistic about what the future may hold for arma 4 or something else... I always hoped they would have addressed the issues with arma 3 (before, during, or after release), but that's not going to happen.

But... just to reiterate... .60 exp of DayZ has just the very first iteration of the render module from the new engine... and the improvement is unmistakable. I am now cautiously optimistic about the future of Bohemia.

• Like 2

Please don't spread misinformation when you don't have any clue about our work (which you actually stated yourself).

thank you, i stand corrected, and edited my previous post. should have written "my assumption based on dayz development"

thank you, i stand corrected, and edited my previous post. should have written "my assumption based on dayz development"

Cheers, I know that there hasn't been that much official intel on Enfusion coming from us, so part of that misinformation madness is on us as well, but it'll all come with time :yay:  

Arma's engine is not broken nor is it a bad engine, it is simply old, with all newer components built upon ageing foundations.

Either way, as posts in this thread states, Enfusion is in development which should supersede RV.

• Like 1

Is Enfusion the one used for TOM ?

I see they're also using Unity for Yland (fun little game), not that it means anything, just an observation.

The only game utilizing parts of Enfusion (mainly the new renderer) is DayZ right now. Enfusion in itself aims to combine things that RV (Arma) engine and Enforce (Take On Mars) do best into one robust, modular engine.

So there is no Arma 4 in plans? Pretty shame (for now). If we could see something same detailed as "squad" in modern warfare, no more futurealistic experiments as arma 3, with fully created campaign with anti-terrorism element (playing as Russia, USA, Czech against terrorist and militia) would be someting i could see with joy, but thats only my 2 cents....

Arma 4 would be something that we need, on fully finished game engine, this would be something like Arma 1.0  (no beta, alpha) finally. :)

For units models you could hire RHS and VTN team ;)

At this point the biggest reason, in my opinion, for Arma 4 would really just be a new engine.

The improvements such a thing could bring would be reason enough for a sequel.

I also wonder when details about the more specific capabilities planned for Enfusion will be released. Will it support subterranean structures or localized physics for instance?

BIS should make next "Arma" without AI or very limited one like only civilian AI (MP only game). Imagine all the features it could have because of no need to think about AI handling stuff. That could also buy some time for programmers to make good military AI in Enfusion if in the meantime both the Arma 3 and "no AI Arma" are enjoyed by the people.

BIS should make next "Arma" without AI or very limited one like only civilian AI (MP only game). Imagine all the features it could have because of no need to think about AI handling stuff. That could also buy some time for programmers to make good military AI in Enfusion if in the meantime both the Arma 3 and "no AI Arma" are enjoyed by the people.

Are you serious with that statement? Because if you are, I have to say that it is an awful idea.

AI support is integral to Arma, it would be horrendously idiotic to remove it.

• Like 2

Are you serious with that statement? Because if you are, I have to say that it is an awful idea.

AI support is integral to Arma, it would be horrendously idiotic to remove it.

Agree +1000,

-1000 TO REMOVE AI.

Its only reason why i play it.

Went online see 3-4 players on server, everyone on his own. noone cares about group work, another server - bunch of kid killing its team.... next - unaccesable beacuse of other addons - every server, diferent addons. This is why i dont use MP anymore.

• Like 1

Agree +1000,

-1000 TO REMOVE AI.

Went online see 3-4 players on server, everyone on his own. noone cares about group work, another server - bunch of kid killing its team.... next - unaccesable beacuse of other addons - every server, diferent addons. This is why i dont use MP anymore.

I suspect that your playing on the wrong servers ;) Join a group and you will find PvP is better than playing against the AI. 

Yep. Come and try with a friendly group. Loads out there - :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arma 3 is an amazing game, and one of the best, if not the best, in his segment.

APEX brough some problems but its a big update and i believe fix is a question of time (not much), and for everything Arma series did for me, i think i gave then few money.

Its sad to see the start of the start of the end... i would love to stay on Arma 3 for more 10 years, i just arrived on it yesterday from Arma 2!

Agree +1000,

-1000 TO REMOVE AI.

As others have said, its the type of group. Although it is hard finding groups that suit your play style. There is a way around that of course, start your own group. ;)

Regards getting rid of 'ai', :annoy:  well.. A firing squad could be arranged, for the person pushing this agenda ( @St jimmy ). The firing squad would be made up of ai, so the outcome is not known. Unless you mod the ai, in which case you'll be toast.. :P

• Like 1

Arma 3 is an amazing game, and one of the best, if not the best, in his segment.

APEX brough some problems but its a big update and i believe fix is a question of time (not much), and for everything Arma series did for me, i think i gave then few money.

Its sad to see the start of the start of the end... i would love to stay on Arma 3 for more 10 years, i just arrived on it yesterday from Arma 2!

Well, Arma/Orginal OFP is kinda the only game series in this field. Atleast BIS haven't tried to exploit their monopoly by making a poor-quality game, but have instead made one that pretty much decimates any competition in its field.

I didn't really mean getting rid of the AI. I was implying that actual military AI doesn't even exist in Enfusion, so "Arma" without AI could be a first baby step in the new engine.

I also put it in the quotation marks "" because it could be called something else or be named like Tactics and Mobile Ops. At least it wouldn't be Arma 4.

I also put it in the quotation marks "" because it could be called something else or be named like Tactics and Mobile Ops. At least it wouldn't be Arma 4.

Is there any particular reason to believe that that's not already called DayZ? :D

Is there any particular reason to believe that that's not already called DayZ? :D

Hard to say anything about DayZ if you could easily make all kinds of PvP modes, how well those would be supported and what kind of modules BIS will bring in DayZ.

In DayZ there wouldn't be any kind of vanilla PvP mode that could include combined arms. Examples of those things need to be done by the community alone.

Also DayZ has optimized the network bubble to work in their game. Not sure how things behave in long distance fighting and shooting.

Life, Battle Royale etc. could easily get in DayZ, but some combined arms PvP modes need way more work.

I played on 10 servers, no, this game have strange players (on those servers). TFAR os not working for me, after installing it with TS, plugins, all that sh*t, Multiplayer is something i simply dont like in arma.

• Like 1

I played on 10 servers, no, this game have strange players (on those servers). TFAR os not working for me, after installing it with TS, plugins, all that sh*t, Multiplayer is something i simply dont like in arma.

I don't intend to derail the thread, nor beat a dead horse, but I assume you have tried joining a unit/clan?