WilliamBUG

Tasks missing (Can not see in 'J' or map) after loading game

Tasks are missing (Can not see in map and 'J') after loading the game in some scenarios. At first, I can check the tasks as normal. However, when I exit and start again, I load the save games and the tasks are missing (Noting in the task column). I think this problem should be related to the Arma 3 Update because these missions were made by old version. Have any one got the solution for this issue? Thanks a lot.  

Are you running any mods while this is happening?

Are you running any mods while this is happening?

No. I tried to run arma 3 without any mods. but this problem is still there. Tasks are missing in some old scenarios but working in some new scenarios. Is there any method to remake the scenarios compatible with the new arma 3 version. Thanks! 

Hello everybody... I am having the same issues like WillianBug since V1.58.

On a uncertain point during the missions (mostly created in the workshop) all the missiondata (waypoints, statistics, team, etc) is missing.

Even loading a previous savegame is not solving the problem. Only when you revert the complete mission, you are able to try it again.

It would be very nice if somebody would have a solution for this.

Cheers

I'm getting this same error. I primarily play custom campaigns and it's happening in older ones and in a new one (On Donbass - linked below for anyone interested) that I recently downloaded from a Russian Arma site. I am playing with mods as the campaign requires some.

Russian text: http://arma.at.ua/forum/94-11704-1#175535

English translated text: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Farma.at.ua%2Fforum%2F94-11704-1%23175535&edit-text=

So what you all are saying is, you download a mission from the workshop or somewhere else. The mission starts and everything is normal-you have tasks etc.Then at some point during the mission all your tasks and waypoints just disappear? Is that right? And this is affecting vanilla games and modded?

So what you all are saying is, you download a mission from the workshop or somewhere else. The mission starts and everything is normal-you have tasks etc.Then at some point during the mission all your tasks and waypoints just disappear? Is that right? And this is affecting vanilla games and modded?

That is the exact behavior that I'm experiencing. When I open the map and click the button for "Tasks" or "Briefing", nothing pops up. When I click "Team" or "Statistics", the dialogue box pops up but all of the fields are empty.

Everything is fine if you play without loading and go through until the mission completed. But, if you save game, end the game and start again, load the save games, you can not see anything in the 'tasks'. I think this is a new problem in 1.58.

Just signed up to report the same issue. It happend to me in every workshop mission when I saved and returned later in the game. With and without mod´s makes no defference. There are alot comment´s under some missions reporting this issue. It seems to apper since the latest patch.

Happens also on JIPing with tasks functions:

https://forums.bistu...ttask-problems/

• Like 1

Happens also on JIPing with tasks functions:

https://forums.bistu...ttask-problems/

I think your investigating is correct. This issue should be related to the task function because I also encountered "crash when accessing non-exist tasks" bug which is fixed in previous hotfix. Seems like this "tasks" issue is not totally fixed.

Have anyone found the solution for this issue. I am sure this issue is the new one after 1.58 release and occur in all arma 3 scenarios without any mods.

I am having the exact same issue. I cannot finish "Attention Deficit" because there is no extraction point. 

Running fully updated game.

Any one got a solution? That's annoying.... I Can't play every mission in one session.

This is a big issue which should be solved immediately. I also checked many scenarios in steam workshop. Many of them report this issue.

I am also not playing arma 3 these days and waiting the new Update to solve this problem. Really don't understand why developers did not follow this troubleshooting. 

My dear developers, have you noticed this issue? I know you are busy in preparing the Apex which will release in the end of this mouth. But! How can we play your amazing co-op missions with this problem? ?

Hello guys. I think I found the solution. Seems like BI 'link' something together.

1. Please cancel the 'Skip Intro' in the advanced parameter and start a new scenario to try.

2. If it is not working, please check whether you use TRYK mod or not. If yes, please download again from workshop because the old one was totally cancelled in workshop (not update).

In recent times, I just change these two things and I found I can continue the tasks when I load the save games. I still think that BI should investigate this issue and modify the source cod.

• Like 2

Same. The mission "Attention Deficit" shows me no way points and thus I cannot get extracted and complete the mission :(

I have the same problem. The tasks can still be completed, but they don't show up.

Hello guys. I think I found the solution. Seems like BI 'link' something together.

1. Please cancel the 'Skip Intro' in the advanced parameter and start a new scenario to try.

2. If it is not working, please check whether you use TRYK mod or not. If yes, please download again from workshop because the old one was totally cancelled in workshop (not update).

In recent times, I just change these two things and I found I can continue the tasks when I load the save games. I still think that BI should investigate this issue and modify the source cod.

The mission i am testing this on does not fit these two conditions....so i dont think this solves all the issues but thanks for sharing.

I have the same problem. The tasks can still be completed, but they don't show up.

Same here.  :(

Guys, is this still present in 1.62?

I was experiencing it too when I last played (two months ago). I played with many mods, but I have to say I'm "glad" that it is in vanilla too.

I could solve it by exiting the mission back to the main menu and then resuming the mission. But this bug is absolutely annoying!

EDIT: Yes, still present in 1.62 (and Apex too). Playing a custom mission with mods (CUP and CBA).

Skip Intro is unchecked in the launcher.

Sorry to be jumping in on the bottom of this post , but I cant seem to find where to ask the question I have and this seems the most closely related topic! I have an issue with a task not working as it should and its driving me crazy.This is the third task out of four,  I have set it up in the same way as the first two tasks (which both work fine) but it doesn't initiate once the trigger completes the second task. I am using the modules under the intel section in the editor. I have tried deleting it and re-doing it , tried re-syncing to player/trigger etc but nothing seems to get it to work. It's driving me nuts , so any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. P.s If I need to put more info in please don't berate me - i dont post on forums much!