Indeed! The rest is pure s..t.

Still trying to figure it out what this game has to do with WW1

The "1" in the title, that's all.

• Like 1

Zeppelin and Biplanes!

No wonder they are showing of that stuff in every trailer. without it you would never guess that this is supposed to be a WW1 game

and $120 preoder with Season pass :P

but seriously it looks like a Hollywood version of the WW1 ,but DICE doesn't care about being correct mainly when EA wants those kids money rolling in 

To me a hollywood version of WW1 would actually look better. It would likely be stereotypical trenchwar.

So i would say it looks more like a disney WW1 version on steroids. Everyone hopping and sprinting about with semi- and fullyautomatic weapons, firing from the hip. Let's just name it what it is: A Battlefield 4 (or SW Battlefront?) with WW1 skin.

No wonder they are showing of that stuff in every trailer. without it you would never guess that this is supposed to be a WW1 game

I bet the zeppelin is a set piece, like the AT-AT walkers in Battlefront. No free movement or anything, just turrets and insane health. And "eyecandy" explosion at the end.

Battlefield One? The Great War setting... Thank you EA. I play a lot of Verdun these days, and you know what? Verdun is a brilliant game. Battlefield however... how about "no, thanks"?

Battlefield One? The Great War setting... Thank you EA. I play a lot of Verdun these days, and you know what? Verdun is a brilliant game. Battlefield however... how about "no, thanks"?

Verdun does look good. But I think modern conflict is more my thing now.

• Like 1

Verdun does look good. But I think modern conflict is more my thing now.

Agreed. In my eyes modern war always has the edge in gaming (I mean FPS, in strategy games its kind of debatable) over the representation of historical conflicts, but in these years the Europe commemorates the centenary of WW1 so the attention to this topic is going to be (and is now) on the rise in many layers of media, so the emergence of games such as BF1 or Verdun is (maybe) a part of general trend

i hope BF1 will be good, but still waiting for BF42 remake... ;/

Lol, "Real Life Mode". The soldiers in this video wouldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds in real life. Just call it "1337 mode", the target audience would prefer it.

In Half-Life you had a crowbar, in this game you have a shovel, lol.

Guest Freerider

Can't wait :)

Well after playing the beta for a few hours, I have to say DICE were absolutely spot on with their endeavor to improve cooperation between players.

I witnessed so many instances of great teamwork, but here's a list of some of the most shining examples:

• A landship with one player in it driving away from about 6 players all spamming the "NEED PICKUP" request.
  • A pilot of a bomber bailing out without warning, leaving his gunners to die.
  • A player stealing another player's horse, only to get it killed a few seconds later.
  • Various players abandoning vehicles for no particular reason.
  • People frequently calling each other 'faggots' 'noobs' and various other profanities (often while on the same team).
  • Medics healing and reviving literally no one.
  • Squad members ignoring any and all orders.
  • So. Many. Fucking. Snipers.

So as you can see, DICE lived up to their promises to make Battlefield 1 a true teamwork experience.

Well after playing the beta for a few hours, I have to say DICE were absolutely spot on with their endeavor to improve cooperation between players.

I witnessed so many instances of great teamwork, but here's a list of some of the most shining examples:

• A landship with one player in it driving away from about 6 players all spamming the "NEED PICKUP" request.
  • A player stealing another player's horse, only to get it killed a few seconds later.
  • People frequently calling each other 'faggots' 'noobs' and various other profanities (often while on the same team).

So as you can see, DICE lived up to their promises to make Battlefield 1 a true teamwork experience.

What did you expect from a copy/paste game with a new look :)

Sounds like buisness as usual. I bet that Battlefield One is the same random and chaotic fragfest like Hardline and Battlefield 4, and that's the reason I think I'm not going to play Battlefield One.  

What did you expect from a copy/paste game with a new look :)

And from todays battlefield-community? Pure toxic cancer, thatswhy EA can feed all this bullshit in the community without any resistance... Unfortunately I have to admit that this trend started with my favorite Battlefield, Battlefield 3.

By the way, did anyone notice how in the BF1 reveal stream Dice called Battlefield the "first true sandbox game"?

Personally i like it, for a beta it's better than i expected :)

It's not as fun as BC2 was, it's closer to BF3 than BF4 or Hardline, the beta is free to play until Sep 8th, try it and see.

I normally play as a medic but most people instant respawn, so reviving players is difficult or pointless trying.

The horses are fun, better than i expected, planes are also as expected and fun and the tanks are not OP.

Overall i'd rate it an 8/10, I'm tempted to buy on release.

Personally i like it, for a beta it's better than i expected :)

It's not as fun as BC2 was, it's closer to BF3 than BF4 or Hardline, the beta is free to play until Sep 8th, try it and see.

I normally play as a medic but most people instant respawn, so reviving players is difficult or pointless trying.

The horses are fun, better than i expected, planes are also as expected and fun and the tanks are not OP.

Overall i'd rate it an 8/10, I'm tempted to buy on release.

I actually have to agree that it was quite enjoyable as BF games go,

Oddly enough though, despite people saying how good BC2 is, I actually found it to be as boring as hell.

I definitely won't be buying the game though, atleast not until some time after release; the price for the base game alone is obscenely high.

My thoughts on BF1. Will not buy it, as I didn't buy any BF.

a) Another client (Origin) - No.

B) The graphics cannot be unseen.

c) As an SP guy - I have seen very linear "super soldier kills everyone" gameplay. Not my cup of tea.

Uninteresting for me.

• Like 8

My thoughts on BF1. Will not buy it, as I didn't buy any BF.

a) Another client (Origin) - No.

B) The graphics cannot be unseen.

c) As an SP guy - I have seen very linear "super soldier kills everyone" gameplay. Not my cup of tea.

Uninteresting for me.

BF never had strong SP. Since Bad Company there is an actual campaign opposed to just MP with bots. But campaigns were just plain bad and very short. BF1's is supposedly about four hours long...

If you buy BF, you buy it for multiplayer if you are into that sort of thing. I for one just cant be bothered with these kind of equipment and perk grinds anymore. Not only that you have to put in substantial amount of time to get clearly superior gear, it also kills any kind immersion and tactical gameplay. I.E. one cannot know if friend or foe is firing a weapon because everyone is running around with the same weapons that have the best stats.

So factions should really not be US vs. RU but rather Mercenary Team Blue vs. Mercenary Team Red.

Random, free-to-play like aspects (Battlepacks and whatnot) in a premium price game do not amuse me either.

• Like 1

Bought the base game. No DLC passes. No battlepacks. Just jump in and blow shit up and bayonet people with a SMLE. I'm having a good time so far. It's a Battlefield game that's better than the last 2 releases so far. Can't ask for more to me.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even consider this a game anymore. This is CGI level interaction at your fingertips, but it's not even just that. It's Art. Historical Art. The Campaign consists of stories of real people during different events, during World War 1. This is no game, it's a fucking master piece. I don't think anyone else could have pulled this off but DICE.

I wouldn't even consider this a game anymore. This is CGI level interaction at your fingertips, but it's not even just that. It's Art. Historical Art. The Campaign consists of stories of real people during different events, during World War 1. This is no game, it's a fucking master piece. I don't think anyone else could have pulled this off but DICE.

That sounds interesting. How long is the campaign?