Its possible it could be clashing with one of the other scripts I have running?!?!

Can you maybe add something later to the script to disable it altogether on AI aircraft? 

I found that whenever the mod starts, any units currently in vehicles will have the mod enabled. It was not intended for that to happen. You could fix it by doing this :

go to:  r0ed_SurvivableCrashes\functions\init\init_survivableCrashes.sqf and change the end of the file to this:

{
    _unit = _x;
    _veh = vehicle _x;
	if(_veh != _unit && !(_veh isKindOf "Man")) then {
		if(isServer or (hasInterface && _veh == vehicle player)) then {
			[_veh] call r0ed_SurvivableCrashes_VehicleInit;
		};
	};
} forEach (allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F");
  • Like 1

I found that whenever the mod starts, any units currently in vehicles will have the mod enabled. It was not intended for that to happen. You could fix it by doing this :

go to:  r0ed_SurvivableCrashes\functions\init\init_survivableCrashes.sqf and change the end of the file to this:

{
    _unit = _x;
    _veh = vehicle _x;
	if(_veh != _unit && !(_veh isKindOf "Man")) then {
		if(isServer or (hasInterface && _veh == vehicle player)) then {
			[_veh] call r0ed_SurvivableCrashes_VehicleInit;
		};
	};
} forEach (allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F");

And where exactly do I put that? :P

And where exactly do I put that? :P

You replace the other forEach loop at the end of the file r0ed_SurvivableCrashes\functions\init\init_survivableCrashes.sqf 

Thanks, this mod works great for a SAR mission I was making for either a heli or aircraft, thanks again.

We've been getting an odd bug on a dedicated MP server, where when a helo is going down (either AI or player flown) it's master warning alert is transmitted to all connected players, as if they're in the helo.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

We run TFAR (as well as CBA) if that's any help.

We've been getting an odd bug on a dedicated MP server, where when a helo is going down (either AI or player flown) it's master warning alert is transmitted to all connected players, as if they're in the helo.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

We run TFAR (as well as CBA) if that's any help.

I was having a difficulty limiting the area the sound would play. To limit it to only units that are inside the vehicle can hear it, go to

r0ed_SurvivableCrashes\functions\fn_onVehicleCrash.sqf

and change

if (_sfxEnabled) then {
	[_veh] remoteExec ["r0ed_SurvivableCrashes_PlaySfx", -2];
};

to

if (_sfxEnabled) then {
	[_veh] remoteExec ["r0ed_SurvivableCrashes_PlaySfx", crew _veh];
};
  • Like 1

Hey man,if you still reply,is there a way to make it so you don't get ejected from the helicopter once you crash?You just stay in the helicopter and you have to get out so the helicopter doesn't kill you.

Hey @rafael09ed

Are you aware of any errors in terms of spawn points?
We run Zeus missions and our mission has a default spawn point enabled. The unit dies during the crash, sees the respawn menu fade in and out (as if unconscious) and when clicking "respawn" during a conscious moment the unit spawns on the crash site with the intended effects of the fuzzy screen etc.

From that point on the unit is only ever able to respawn on that crash site on death and all the other respawn points are ignored when selecting them in the menu.

Not sure if any work is being done on this mod anymore but I've run into a conflict possibly from an ace update. As stated I've run with the "Prevent instant death" parameter checked and the mod functions fine for anyone flying but now prevent instant death is not working for anyone not in an aircraft. I've tested changing the type of vehicle to include "man" and tested with module placed and without and it only occurs when module is placed and enable mod parameter set to enabled.

I've been looking for a way to make a script that goes into a vehicle's init and causes the crew of the vehicle to eject when the damage to the vehicle exceeds a certain threshold while limiting the damage to .9 for a few seconds preventing it from blowing up instantly.. now the damage "delay" function of my init works beautifully, it's just that it won't eject the player and anyone under their command (AI on their own seems to eject fine, but i'm sure that's just the AI doing that due to the vehicle reaching a "status red" situation), after everything i came up with failed i cannibalised your mod a bit and found this in your fn_vehicleCrashLocal.sqf:

_unit action ["eject", vehicle _unit];
	if (vehicle _unit != _unit) then {
		moveOut _unit;
	};

turns out that you can't copy this directly from a .sqf to a vehicle's init and hope for it to work - it gave me a "error undefined variable in expression: _unit" error when the events reach the point of triggering that part of the init, any thoughts on how to get around that/fix it while staying in the limits of a vehicle's init?

(my thread is here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/212511-automatic-eject-via-vehicles-init-line/)

I know this one is old but I am getting this error constantly spamming the RPT of a mission I am building. I am using the mod version of this but its not helping when I use the script either.

15:19:38 Error in expression <vehType) then {
_isAllowed = true;
};
} forEach _vehKindWhitelist;
if (!(_isAllo>
15:19:38   Error position: <forEach _vehKindWhitelist;
if (!(_isAllo>
15:19:38   Error foreach: Type Bool, expected Array
15:19:38 File r0ed_SurvivableCrashes\functions\fn_vehicleInit.sqf, line 13
15:19:38 Error in expression <vehType) then {
_isAllowed = true;
};

Hmm seems it still works in multi ie the blurred effect happens, but the player always dies when a crash. i do ge tthe vehicle whitelist error but thought that was normal.,