krzychuzokecia

Beryl Mod.96 - Polish rifle addon pack

8sY6UMd.jpg

Addon by Krzychuzokecia

Today is a 225th anniversary of declaration of Polish May 3rd Constitution - world's second constitution, adopted to reform political system of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Commonwealth was troubled by corruption and disproportionate power of nobility. King Stanislaw August Poniatowski initiated the reforms, which brought this constitution to life, seeking to not only regain his monarch power but also give political rights to people who were not noble themselves - townspeople. Thus the May 3rd Constitution was truly revolutional, and like every revolution, sparked a fierce opposition. Nobility soon started a conspiracy aimed against king and constitution, and found allies in Russia, Prussia and Austria. This alliance, called Targowica Confederacy, abolished May 3rd Constitution and sent the Commonwealth on it's way to fall - foreign powers used this opportunity to partition Poland, and end it's existence for 123 years.

To celebrate this aniversary, I've decided to release my addon of Beryl Mod.96C assault rifle - a general-issue weapon in Polish Army. Beryl Mod.96 is a Kalashnikov-derived rifle, firing 5.56x45 mm NATO cartridge. Issued in late 90's it was best friend of Polish soldier on demanding battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan. It is a battle-proven design and it's latest "C" variant can make use of modern opto-electronical aiming systems, thanks to it's set of MIL-STD 2324 rails.

This model is something I've started making back in 2012 for Karbala mod, and it went through several redesigns. The variant in today's release is an off-shot of my still continuing work for Silent War Mod - one of the oldest still active mod teams in OFP history. However, I won't dare to say that it is completely my original work. Being a rather rookie modeller, I send my thanks to other generous addon-makers, such as: Vilas, Jackal326, Offtime, DaSquade. Without help and support from these guys, I could never make this addon. Full credits are in attached "Beryl Rifle Instructions" document.

Also included is single-player mission "FPSC - FlashPointShootingCompetition". For details see this post.

Now, enough of this babbling - let's have some fun here!

Requirements:

• Operation Flashpoint: Resistance 1.96 or ArmA: Cold War Assault 1.99
  • JAM3.

Download:

And one last political message in this post full of politics but devoid of fun:

WFOYDKx.jpg

• Like 4

Krzy,

Nice work :). I'm sure this is much improved over the old Beryl pack.

By "old Beryl pack" you probably mean OFPL one? Well, if so, then not quite...

I'd proudly say that mine model is a little bit nicer than OFPL stuff (not to mention it is newer variant of the rifle), but still OFPL pack have variants with grenade launchers, more sights and so on... Not to mention nice soldiers who use their rifles! :) But hopefully, with help from Silent War Mod guys, this will change. Soon. Soonish... Sooner or later! :)

Nice work Krzy.Good to see there's still some activity going on in the now rather small CWA/OFP universe. :)

• Like 1

An update of sorts. I woke up this morning my baby was gone (sorry, I've forgot that's not a blues festival) with a little idea, and it took me whole day to make it. But here it is - a simple mission for Beryl addon.

FlashPointShootingCompetition

Beryl rifle Stage 1

Mission inspired by real-life IPSC/3Gun shooting sports. There are 20 targets on stage, and you've got only 60 rounds of ammo. Only, because each target takes 3 hits to fall, and that gives you no margin for errors. Don't wander off - Range Officer will gladly punish you for any safety violation!

While mission looks simple, it was quite a challenge for me to make. First - it soon dawned on me that planning course with OFP 2D editor could take a year or more. So I used Faguss' excellent Set-Pos-In-Game 3D editor, but then again - I had no idea how to use it, and had to learn it on the fly (it's very easy, but sometimes rookie can get lost).

Then I had to script the whole thing, but... I have no idea about scripting! After few hours of intensive thinking, and lots of trials with errors, I came up with primitive but working solution. Some of you who have better knowledge of OFP mission-making may get baffled when looking at the internals :)

Anyway, I've done it, my first serious attempt at scripting. Don't think about mehanics - just have some fun! And don't forget to post screenshots of your personal best times!

Download:

• see first post.
  • Like 1

That was a pleasant diversion. 

I doubt I'd qualify as an elite operator though. Low speed, high drag.   :D

jEufYQXT.jpg

Nice job all round krzy.

• Like 1

Better than my first try. :) It was 80-something, and closer to 90 than 80. I thought that 70 seconds barrier is unbeatable, but I broke it today's morning!

Then I tried M762 rifle for 7.62x39 ammo which kicks more (even with JAM ammo - WW4EXT is much more punishing and realistic in this regard). I couldn't break 72 seconds for long, but then... I've got better result than with 5.56!  :o Though I don't think you could get lower than 65 seconds.

Oh, and to make it clear: I used proper sights (the ones under "V"), not just those hip-firing-FPS-crosshair that some players can't live without!  :icon_twisted:

Low speed, high drag.   :D

That's kinda Larry Vickers style of elite operating. Call your nearest SFOD-Delta recruiter - non-diet Coke and Oreos are waiting for you!

That's kinda Larry Vickers style of elite operating. Call your nearest SFOD-Delta recruiter - non-diet Coke and Oreos are waiting for you!

After years of carrying your own body weight for days on end, fastroping from helicopters in stormy conditions and parachuting into every kind of terrain you shouldn't be landing in I can imagine that working out becomes a problem since your knees and back are busted.

Nice guns, Krzy.
Thank you for addon and mission

Also, my result with 5.56 Elcan Commando:

bstgjSm-_ZM.jpg

• Like 1

JdB:

Yeah, that! I didn't mean any disrespect to LAV, but you can't argue that he has became an internet meme sort of thing...

Spirit_jat:

That's nice! At this moment Elcan (great model by DaSquade BTW) is not helping much - magnification makes it harder to aim at near targets. I need to include the variable magnification feature or real SpecterDR, but I'm still working on proper reticle (current is a C79 style by Lowlands Warrior mod).