Sign in to follow this  
colinsrap

Tell me where to ask about TARGET .fcf mapping?

Hi all.

Does anyone know about setting up the controls in Arma 3 for flight?

I am REALLY trying to get the Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS Games controller set to PROFILE "ASSOCIATE CONFIGURATION" in the hardware`s T.A.R.G.E.T software; BUT, I Cannot find the `.fcf` file/s.

What I have done a hundred times:-

a) I start the TARGET software that comes with the controllers.

B) I "Create Association" in the "PATH" to the game Drive .exe for Arma 3.

c) I TRY TRY x100 to link to a MYSTERY .fcf file. But I have hunted across the earth for it, but I cannot find it because I do not know where to look.

My bad for wanting to fly a helicopter.

Where would I ask this questio9n in the ARMA 3 forums?

Assuming you have actually created a configuration file for Arma 3, it will be wherever you saved it. If you don't remember where you saved it, just click on "New Configuration" to see the current filepath, or "Edit Configuration" to open the folder your configuration files are saved in.

I shall bump this a bit... Can someone share a T.A.R.G.E.T. config file for ARMA3 please or link a good tutorial? Cheers!

Hello, 

Maybe you have found it already. On this forum there is a post here where you can download and ArmA3.fcf file. Download this file to your computer by klicking the link and skip the registration process on Dropbox. 

When you have saved the file make sure you have installed the latest version of the T.A.R.G.E.T software. As of writing this is V3.0.16.520. 

When you have started this choose ADD from the flight section and add the ArmA 3 Launcher executable and link the just downloaded arma3.fcf file to it. I asume you know where to find the arma3launcher in the steam environment. Then start ArmA and go to the Editor (i use Apex) and make a new scenario. No saving needed. Place a person as player and a helicopter.

Then press Escape and go to the Opions and Controls. In my setup the vertical lift was not mapped so i clicked that, and added my throttle up to the default LShift button. If that does not work, you have not heard the 2 USB connection beeps while starting the Target software first. Fix that first before going onwards.

You can map more key this way. If you are missing some keys like the Engine Start, than that is correct. I am in the process of fixing that but i do not know if i will finish that due to time. I use for engine start the DECR/INCR swithc on the hotas.

Good luck.

Frank