Hello. I was searching for answer to this question, but couldn't find anything that can really help me. I am not so good with scripting that's why some tutorials I found were really complicated for me. So my question is, how to add custom unit in the game editor ? I created 7 characters all with custom uniforms and weapons but I would like to have them as a unit in editor so I don't have to copy/paste them every single time I start with new mission. I have them saved in notepad files. I hope you understand what I want. 

I am sure this was asked before so don't go hard on me for asking it again, please. You can post links to some tutorials, any help will be appreciated. :)

Hi, they would need to be config units. That means they must be an addon, properly configured, and then run.

If youre not very confident with scripting, I dont think you would be able to do this without a fair amount of learning and time as it its not only scripting involved, perhaps try using the composition saving feature.

• Like 1

Easiest way:

create a new mission, create your units with weapons loadout and save this mission (name it "custom units" for example).

The, everytime you need to use them, you just load this mission, copy the units and paste them in another mission.

It will take 20 seconds to do ;)

• Like 1

The way i do it for every mission i make is very simple:

Make your mission with your custom units or whatever you need to copy everytime, give it a name and save:

Then when you want to use those custom units in a new mission just open your mission you created with custom units and choose "Save as" give it a new name and you are done !

Don't forget to copy also your custom mission files from the custom mission to the new one you've created, if you have mission files, just keep your mission.sqm and you are done !

Also to not get confused when loading your missions give it a different mission name in the attributes menu, otherwise you will have the same custom mission name in the mission lists, and you will not know which one it is !

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi, they would need to be config units. That means they must be an addon, properly configured, and then run.

If youre not very confident with scripting, I dont think you would be able to do this without a fair amount of learning and time as it its not only scripting involved, perhaps try using the composition saving feature.

I know it ain't easy but if I could find proper tutorial for it I would give it a try, I like to learn new things. What do you mean by composition saving feature ? Thanks for reply :) 

Easiest way:

create a new mission, create your units with weapons loadout and save this mission (name it "custom units" for example).

The, everytime you need to use them, you just load this mission, copy the units and paste them in another mission.

It will take 20 seconds to do ;)

This is actually good idea. It is what I will do until I learn how to implement new units to factions :) Thanks!

The way i do it for every mission i make is very simple:

Make your mission with your custom units or whatever you need to copy everytime, give it a name and save:

Then when you want to use those custom units in a new mission just open your mission you created with custom units and choose "Save as" give it a new name and you are done !

Don't forget to copy also your custom mission files from the custom mission to the new one you've created, if you have mission files, just keep your mission.sqm and you are done !

Also to not get confused when loading your missions give it a different mission name in the attributes menu, otherwise you will have the same custom mission name in the mission lists, and you will not know which one it is !

Cheers

Good idea, thanks for advice :) 

This is actually good idea. It is what I will do until I learn how to implement new units to factions :) Thanks!

If you use eden 3D editor you cannot copy paste units from one mission to another mission.

I have created more than 200 missions in arma 3 and i always use "save as" to begin a new mission with same units etc....

Its for me the best way to go fast and its easy !

If you use eden 3D editor you cannot copy paste units from one mission to another mission.

I have created more than 200 missions in arma 3 and i always use "save as" to begin a new mission with same units etc....

Its for me the best way to go fast and its easy !

You can copy custom unit from one mission to another. Just Ctrl+C and in new mission Ctrl+V and it does the trick :D 

• Like 1

Yes you can do that in 2D editor but not in eden 3d editor it don't work from one mission to another ! that's very stupid btw!

The only thing you can copy something with ctrl+c and paste with ctrl+v is from windows clipboard or text file etc...

Yes you can do that in 2D editor but not in eden 3d editor it don't work from one mission to another ! that's very stupid btw!

The only thing you can copy something with ctrl+c and paste with ctrl+v is from windows clipboard or text file etc...

I'm 100% sure you can copy custom character. I have tried it 2 min ago. Placed rifleman, added text in init. field and copied and pasted that same rifleman with custom loadout in another mission. 

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure you can copy custom character. I have tried it 2 min ago. Placed rifleman, added text in init. field and copied and pasted that same rifleman with custom loadout in another mission. 

Strange did not work for me cannot copy paste from one mission to another did try it again does not work only in 2D editor but not eden !

Strange did not work for me cannot copy paste from one mission to another did try it again does not work only in 2D editor but not eden !

Sorry to correct you mate.

Just worked perfectly for me.

Opened first misson in 3Den editor

Highlighted all units.

Pressed Ctrl-C

Opened new mission in 3Den editor

Pressed Crtl-V

All units pasted.

Note you may find it's easier when copying units entities etc in 3Den editor by switching to the 2d Map mode by pressing  M, highlight what you need press Ctrl-C to copy, then open your new 3Den map press M to switch to 2D map and press Ctrl-V.

• Like 1

Just for your benefit. In 3DEN you can save "compositions" or what I call, groups of shit. You create them, select what you want and then save them for later use. Very time saving, and you should in theory be able to save types of units. 

• Like 1

Just for your benefit. In 3DEN you can save "compositions" or what I call, groups of shit. You create them, select what you want and then save them for later use. Very time saving, and you should in theory be able to save types of units. 

Thanks. I will check it out.