Jump to content

Recommended Posts

there is a suppressed version of the AWM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, TheForst4 said:

I want to be able to do it every now and then

 

 

 

 

Just be a gentleman and good things will come your way!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to me the best weapon of toadie2k,  is the fn 30 11 (the first version), the  wood gives a soul , with a solid reload animation for the bolt action... seconds in pair the M16a1 and xm177 the particular green details on carry handles are perfects. 

EBA82D06EDD57D55CABF3B505F3E93D0361EE0AE
i know, is a late to the party,  but i add a suggestion for a new weapon FN 49 sniper! a pretty cool rifle
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@toadie2k

 

Running across a weird issue...well sort of an issue. I just fired up the editor again today for the first time in a while and I have SMA weapons mod downloaded BUT NOT LOADING INTO THE EDITOR. However I do have NIArms Complete loaded and all of the NIArms weapons and attachments are showing up with the SMA icon beside them in the editor instead of the NIArms icon. This was tossing me for a loop when looking for weapons in the character loadout screens. Any idea why this might be happening?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a compat mod that is using the SMA icon getting loaded before NIArms. The icon displayed is that of the first mod to introduce a classname, regardless of any other mods patching that class later.

 

IIRC, the SMA project was abandoned years ago. Any compat mod made back then has good chances of causing issues - for instance, the inheritance structure of some NIArms packs had to be changed in April/May last year to move the variants with less attachment slots further to the top. Outdated compat mods (if correctly loaded after the main mods) will reset that to the old order and break attachment slots or worse.

 

On top of that, NIArms has been pretty much fully hooked up to the magazineWell system. It would be much cleaner for a compat mod to just introduce that to the SMA guns, and thereby making them magazine compatible with everything else under the sun without ever touching any other guns or requiring any other mods. Which is the entire point of the magWell system.

 

If that info doesn't help you fix your problem, you should show your RPT file to someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, zukov said:

to me the best weapon of toadie2k,  is the fn 30 11 (the first version), the  wood gives a soul , with a solid reload animation for the bolt action... seconds in pair the M16a1 and xm177 the particular green details on carry handles are perfects. 

*image and video trimmed to save space*
i know, is a late to the party,  but i add a suggestion for a new weapon FN 49 sniper! a pretty cool rifle
 

 

I agree, the fact that there are so many more obscure firearms (Sig510, Mauser C96, FN 30 11) in the mod pack it gives alot of variety into the game than the usual AR/AK family of firearms we see. With the Johnson rifle/LMG in the works its quite exciting to see more of the older firearms coming into ARMA. Here's hoping someday we might see the French MAS series of rifles as well!

 

Shoutout to @toadie2k for the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 3:16 AM, Blutze said:

That sounds like a compat mod that is using the SMA icon getting loaded before NIArms. The icon displayed is that of the first mod to introduce a classname, regardless of any other mods patching that class later.

 

IIRC, the SMA project was abandoned years ago. Any compat mod made back then has good chances of causing issues - for instance, the inheritance structure of some NIArms packs had to be changed in April/May last year to move the variants with less attachment slots further to the top. Outdated compat mods (if correctly loaded after the main mods) will reset that to the old order and break attachment slots or worse.

 

On top of that, NIArms has been pretty much fully hooked up to the magazineWell system. It would be much cleaner for a compat mod to just introduce that to the SMA guns, and thereby making them magazine compatible with everything else under the sun without ever touching any other guns or requiring any other mods. Which is the entire point of the magWell system.

 

If that info doesn't help you fix your problem, you should show your RPT file to someone.

I'd be glad to share RPT but I don't have any SMA compatibility mods loaded either and now after this popped up yesterday I don't even have them installed on my computer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, Nichols said:

I'd be glad to share RPT but I don't have any SMA compatibility mods loaded either and now after this popped up yesterday I don't even have them installed on my computer. 

I went back through it recently and found the culprit. Some assclown put the compat file into their "unit mod" and it screwed up everything. Basically created all sorts of issues with other mods and problems that took way too much time to sort out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something's up with the M60 bipod model, it hides behind structures and crates.

20200818233926_1.jpg20200818233908_1.jpg20200818233937_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×