I was wondering when/if someone was going to make an ATACR.  @toadie2k a question, if you're willing...  Please understand this is a genuine question, and not meant to shit all over your amazing work...  That ATACR looks amazing, but it looks a little short, more like the NX8.  Is it the angle that I'm seeing?  I ask because it looks like there wouldn't be room for a front flip cap, which isn't a problem on my real ATACR but is a problem on my NX8.

Regardless, stoked for the update.  Thank you for continuing to support/update these!

20 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

It seems that soon we will get great update... I saw new magazines on screenshots. Will they be compatible with RHS weapons?

If I understand correctly, the new magazines will be using the organic BIS magazine proxy system. Combined with CBA A3 it should be compatible out of the box
IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, that is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, gatordev said:

I was wondering when/if someone was going to make an ATACR.  @toadie2k a question, if you're willing...  Please understand this is a genuine question, and not meant to shit all over your amazing work...  That ATACR looks amazing, but it looks a little short, more like the NX8.  Is it the angle that I'm seeing?  I ask because it looks like there wouldn't be room for a front flip cap, which isn't a problem on my real ATACR but is a problem on my NX8.

Regardless, stoked for the update.  Thank you for continuing to support/update these!

I'm going to say it's the perspective. Grated it's the 1-8x F1 short dot, so it's already kind of the stout boi tube. 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, Hvymtal said:

If I understand correctly, the new magazines will be using the organic BIS magazine proxy system. Combined with CBA A3 it should be compatible out of the box
IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, that is

That is correct, and it'll do away with 90% Of the compat files. If it support's CBA's JAM initiative, where applicable it'll run in NIArms.

• Like 7

On 12/18/2018 at 11:47 PM, cplcandybar said:

I think I found the issue. "tracersevery = 0;" in line 423 of the G36's config, screen capped below.I think it should be set to 4?

Reveal hidden contents

bdb06a6075.png

While I was digging around, I also noticed some inconsistency of ace belt linking for the mg3 vs mg42 with regards to 50rnd belts, but that could be intentional.

Hey Toadie, any chance you can roll fixing these into your update? If it's a PITA I'm happy to reference the lines to help.

Iirc it's just a couple lines of code. I could be wrong.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, toadie2k said:

I'm going to say it's the perspective. Grated it's the 1-8x F1 short dot, so it's already kind of the stout boi tube.

Copy perspective.  The ATACR is the length-(ish) of the 2.5-10x24, which is why I was asking.  Somehow NF made the NX8 F1 even smaller, which is insane (and still very usable).  Looking forward to it, either way.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, toadie2k said:

That is correct, and it'll do away with 90% Of the compat files. If it support's CBA's JAM initiative, where applicable it'll run in NIArms.

I missed this the first time around.  That's awesome.  Thank you!

I got anxious waiting for the update, so I cloned the Github to see if I could get any of these config updates early, and, well...

e1ChdCW.jpg

Patience is a virtue after all 😅

• Haha 7

looks a lot like a starship troopers bug

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2019 at 12:26 AM, cplcandybar said:

Hey Toadie, any chance you can roll fixing these into your update? If it's a PITA I'm happy to reference the lines to help.

Iirc it's just a couple lines of code. I could be wrong.

Psst... hey you... yeah, you! Thanks for the bug report. Also found an unused subsonic mag.

I don't see how you can get inconsistencies between the various belts. Both Whigital back in 2017 and me in that recent one just added the property on the base belt that all others inherit from. Unless you are taking the M60 belts into account, but I don't think they are compatible in the official releases for now.

If there is something else being fucky with them, I'm gonna need classnames, mod versions and mod sources (especially AiO vs separate downloads).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I'm asking for a community of Exile to be allowed to moneytize the server while running NiArms and CBA. 
Could anyone please tell me who to contact in this matter with information about server and/or what you need from me?

//Sebz

4 hours ago, EXO-sebz said:

Hi,

I'm asking for a community of Exile to be allowed to moneytize the server while running NiArms and CBA. 
Could anyone please tell me who to contact in this matter with information about server and/or what you need from me?

//Sebz

...Well the author probably.

Besides wasn't the whole monetising servers thing strictly regulated/practically stopped or am I thinking of another game?

11 hours ago, khaosmatical said:

Besides wasn't the whole monetising servers thing strictly regulated/practically stopped or am I thinking of another game?

Other game i guess.

• Like 1

G'day @toadie2k

Release the updates when you're ready. It's your mod and your timetable.

Looking forward to the update and any new releases that come our way.

This is mainly my fault people, Toadie was waiting on me to finish the ballistics work and I have been slacking as I just became a father on Valentines Day. My daughter Athena takes up a large portion of my time these days as I am the "stay at home father" as my wife works as a math teacher.

I sent the ballistics data to Toadie yesterday for the C96 and this only comes with 1 round, a WW1/2 milspec ball/FMJ round with ballistics data that came from a personal source that owns a C96 "Bolo", and a book from the 1950's from someone that shot WW2 7.93x25 milspec ammo from a C96 Schnellfeuer. My final tests with the round shows a velocity match out to 100m with a deviation from IRL ballistics calculation by 0.07%.

The update should be coming very soon and I apologize for having you wait on me.

• Like 10

Congratulations to the young father!) We all can wait. And of course everyone should remember that we get all this cool stuff for free. Thank you!

Hope we will get All-in-one version soon.

Its fiiiiiiiiine, I could have kept Toadie busy with fixing bugs for another few days 😛

No kidding though, I felt like a nagging pessimist killjoy a few times this week. Mostly because those posts on twitter sound so... relieved that its "finally done". And I know that feeling. But I also know that for a project of this scale, and an update of this scale, a week of QA is perfectly normal.

Do you include ACE Advanced Ballistics stats btw? There are a few types that have differences between basic and advanced, but those might be just old copypaste mistakes.

The update itself is done. For those of you who are impatient (like me) https://pastebin.com/eCtMAXUf

No, I don't know when it's going up on WS, I just follow Toadie on twitter

1 hour ago, Blutze said:

Its fiiiiiiiiine, I could have kept Toadie busy with fixing bugs for another few days 😛

No kidding though, I felt like a nagging pessimist killjoy a few times this week. Mostly because those posts on twitter sound so... relieved that its "finally done". And I know that feeling. But I also know that for a project of this scale, and an update of this scale, a week of QA is perfectly normal.

Do you include ACE Advanced Ballistics stats btw? There are a few types that have differences between basic and advanced, but those might be just old copypaste mistakes.

I assisted with ACE3 Ballistics but I did not create them. My ballistics are "basic", they use the BI parameters so there is 0 extra performance hit and I manage to get my ballistics within 3% (max tolerance is 5%, my worst ever has been 3%) of real life velocities. I also watch videos and read technical documents on the wounding capabilities of the round (if available) and use FBI protocol to determine barrier penetration performance.

ACE3 has good ballistics but some people do not like the performance hit of advanced ballistics, this is why I still provide mine.

I don't know why my posts were hidden 2 hours ago... Just wanted to congratulate the young father and Toadie on the release.

I have a few questions, but I'd better wait for the All-in-one version release... By the way Mauser C96 is amazing! Models, animations and sounds. Great work! I do not know how it is applicable in modern conflicts but this pistol is a piece of art! Great to have it in Arma 3.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I don't know why my posts were hidden 2 hours ago... Just wanted to congratulate the young father and Toadie on the release.

32 years young... I am an old man, I even have a few grey hairs to prove it 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Quick question regarding new M16A2 pack. Will it be released with this batch of updates? I am asking because i havn t seen the pack in the Toadie s pastbin download repo.

Regards.

1 hour ago, bolo861 said:

Quick question regarding new M16A2 pack. Will it be released with this batch of updates? I am asking because i havn t seen the pack in the Toadie s pastbin download repo.

Regards.

They're in the AR15 pack.

7 hours ago, Blutze said:

Very much in the "it's finally done" relieved phase, have been working pretty solidly for the better part of 4 months getting everything up to a fairly even standard, which I hope comes through, after working that long on something straight, kiiinda itching to be over, you know?

Also, NIArms is getting legit pretty huge in just sheer mass of content to manage. Like I said somewhere else, it's easily like 300+ weapon configs alone if you include the duplicates for special hidden cases (like for the magswitch system or for RHS grips, the new reload system used on the C96s, etc) .. and that's JUST weapons, and JUST configs. 

5 hours ago, Spartan0536 said:

I assisted with ACE3 Ballistics but I did not create them. My ballistics are "basic", they use the BI parameters so there is 0 extra performance hit and I manage to get my ballistics within 3% (max tolerance is 5%, my worst ever has been 3%) of real life velocities. I also watch videos and read technical documents on the wounding capabilities of the round (if available) and use FBI protocol to determine barrier penetration performance.

ACE3 has good ballistics but some people do not like the performance hit of advanced ballistics, this is why I still provide mine.

I wrote ACE values. They might be a little off on authenticity compared to Spartan's base values, but only really be Spartan's own worst-case tolerance margin... so it should still cut mustard.

Extra note: I've got a hotfix for Core coming in the next....2 hours... so if you're cribbing off the pastebin, check back there in that time. Once that's done,SW is getting updates pushed, and then I'll be back here with the formal update/release post collating everything. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Spartan0536 said:

Performance hit isn't as big as it was years ago. It's barely noticeable anymore.

It is so barely noticeable that it's enabled by default.

11 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I don't know why my posts were hidden 2 hours ago...

Either bad-word detection, or spam detection as you posted two posts right after eachother. Which btw you just did again. Please don't. Please edit posts if you want to add something shortly after posting.
I've merged your posts for you 😉

• Thanks 1