@toadie2kI have an issued HK416D if you need photos, along with a personally owned MR556A1. I have the stock rail, Remington RAHG, and Geissele railed handguards. All black though.

A lot of us run the flip down sights from Troy with the HK style front. The MP5 style sights are a PITA, in that they require a proprietary tool to adjust. I also ditched the bulky HK stock and run a Magpul CTR. 

Optics wise I use a Aimpoint T2 with 3x mag but like the newer optics like the Vortex 1-6 as seen in @wsxcgy photo above. I have one just can't  run it on my duty gun... yet. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fetus114 said:

@toadie2kI have an issued HK416D if you need photos, along with a personally owned MR556A1. I have the stock rail, Remington RAHG, and Geissele railed handguards. All black though.

A lot of us run the flip down sights from Troy with the HK style front. The MP5 style sights are a PITA, in that they require a proprietary tool to adjust. I also ditched the bulky HK stock and run a Magpul CTR. 

Optics wise I use a Aimpoint T2 with 3x mag but like the newer optics like the Vortex 1-6 as seen in @wsxcgy photo above. I have one just can't  run it on my duty gun... yet. 

Thank you for the very kind offer but unfortunately the rifles are basically finished, sans some color correction on the Geissele rail. The pack is going to contain the factory guns in all lengths (even the 20" one that we can't seem to find any proof of), the IAR, the HK416C, the HK416N, a carbine with the Remington RAHG, a carbine with the Geissele rail and three custom guns, which are: A DEVGRU carbine based on one of the ones used in Neptune Spear, a fictional carbine for me as the person who commissioned the project and a CAG carbine. Although, I should say, the CAG carbine is built from a mix of parts from the other two so it's not going to be 100% accurate, as always hidden selections and source files are a thing as with all scratch built NIA stuff if someone wants to make something closer to IRL.

EDIT: Although I should say if you happen to have access to the SCAR (which is being done next) or anything else we might cover in the near future, any reference images would be appreciated. 

• Like 4

Looks like the 416's will be dropping pretty soon, Patreons will have access within 24 hours according to one of Toadies recent tweets

11 minutes ago, road runner said:

Looks like the 416's will be dropping pretty soon, Patreons will have access within 24 hours according to one of Toadies recent tweets

Yeah, saw that. The screenshots of the 416's look great too. 

• Like 2

Hey toadie2k,

there was a bigger change at BW-Mod. They changed a lot of classnames and the file structure as well. 

Maybe you can have a look at the corresponding classes you used to make your weapons compatible with the magazines.

Best regards.

Chaser

Toadie wrote on Twitter that the 416's could drop for the rest of us this coming week. Though it looks like she's working on camo textures now as well so who knows. We can only hope.  

Next week. Camos and 2 bugs to squash before they drop. That's it. Well I mean that and the release propaganda.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Phenomenal work toadie! Lots of new blasters and other goodies to play with. 

Fantastic rifles! Thanks for all the hard graft and no sleep Toadie, they are truly works of art ;)

• Like 1

Hope I'm not being a pain by asking this, but is it deliberate that the eye position on the M27, Hk416 D10(DEVGRU) and Hk416 D10(RAHG) models is farther back than on the other models?

Great work on those 416s.
Is there any way how to mount a PEQ-15 at 12 o'clock without it sitting too low on the rail? Something like RHS does with their 416s.

Thanks.

Two small criticisms

1: That trigger finger doesn't seem to go anywhere in the reload animation

2: BI mags don't appear (though I suspect you have no real control over that. RIP cross-mod ammo standardization, at least appearance-wise)

Otherwise, great job, can't wait for the SCARs :)

3 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Two small criticisms

1: That trigger finger doesn't seem to go anywhere in the reload animation

2: BI mags don't appear (though I suspect you have no real control over that. RIP cross-mod ammo standardization, at least appearance-wise)

Otherwise, great job, can't wait for the SCARs :)

that's because vanilla weapons haven't integrated mag proxies (and have no reason to tbh). without mag proxy system, the magazines are part of the gun itself within its model file, RHS and now toadie's HK416s are the only addons at all where the mags have their own specific, separate models. really though, there's no reason to be using vanilla ammos when RHS and NIArms have like actual, real, ballistic models for their ammunitions and don't affect "game balance"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspected that, I just didn't know for sure

And don't you put mah game balance in quotes :)

• Haha 1

Right, panic day over, Time for launch.

wlCuu18.jpg

Image Gallery

The development of the HK416 platform is a strange anomaly in the world of 2018. If judged by it's design intent - an AR15 with some of the issues H&K found with the system removed- 
the HK416 is by and large stands on it's own merits. However, in the context of the flood of AR-15 pattern projects since (both Civil and Military spec), the end product 15 years on seems out of date. 

How did it come to this?
The Genesis of the platform was a confluence of sorts: In the early-to-mid 90s Heckler und Koch was in the midst of multiple US-DOD weapons development programs (most notably the XM29 OICW), which was the same time that then R&D officer for Delta Force Larry Vickers was consulting and evaluating. During the consultations, Vickers made a formal request of H&K on behalf of Delta for improved carbines.The reasoning for these was straightforward: Delta and other SF units were using non-standard CAR-15s in a variety of designations, often in barrel/gas system lengths that made them wholly unreliable and ultimately impractical.

The general fix of what was now the H&K M4 was to adopt the G36 Short-stroke gas system, it itself an adaptation of the AR18 system.In 2004 the project was complete, and after a legal scuffle with Colt over the name, Delta Force took acceptance of their requested carbine: a more reliable and durable 5.56mm CQB weapon with better suppressed capability. The cost of that extra durability and performance however, came at a weight premium,and it's one of the criticisms made of the system to this day. Still, with the Commercial launch, the system saw solid interest.

By 2008 it was clear to H&K that with the dead-ends of the XM8 and XM29 programs, combined with the limited interest globablly in the G36, the rising interest in the 416 made apparrent what the market wanted. No place was this more apparent than when the Nowegian Military selected the rifles, in a 16.5 inch barrel configuration, as their standard rifle- replacing 40 year old G3s.The REAL windfall though came later in the year with the US Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan, where the tell-all propaganda tour afterwards made ample highlight to "the guns that got it done", replete with personal customisations like Magpul CTR stocks, Overmold Grips, RAHG lightweight fore-ends, and an impressive LLM stack.
The last major adopter of the what could probably be now considered first pattern HK416 system, was the USMC- As a companion and/or replacement for the M249 SAW in an infantry Squad. The idea has merit, and while some of the accessories the Corp decided to adopt as part of the system were questionable in their selection, the rifle itself was a good fit. Heavy barrel with a long service life, little to change in the way of battery of arms or maintenance, can deliver better Automatic performance than an M4, but retains better mechanical accuracy over longer strings.
As a whole, as far as service rifles go, this is one of a few viable open-market options left. For military purposes, it's more than good enough, and that at the end of the day is what clenches the deal.

Variations include(where applicable):
5 Barrel Lengths
6 Stocks
5 Fore-end variants
End-user applied camo patterns
Grenade Launcher Variants
Various minor ergonomic custom parts
For a total of 28 HK416s
As a note: the RAHG and SMR foregripped weapons do not currently support VFG/AFGs. The support will be enabled as part of a future Core update. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Downloads:

NIarms HK416s V1.01

Also available on Steam Workshop

NIArms Core V1.51

NIarms All-in-One V11

IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently there is an issue with reloading 416 variants with grenade launchers where changing primary mags will eat the round in the GL, and auto-load a new one(Meaning you can switch STANAGs 5 or 6 times and find yourself out of GL rounds). Currently working on the issue, but in the meantime, I'd advise against using the GL variants.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Looks great, sounds great and handles great. There is no reload animation for me though. So far I have only tested potato version, DEVGRU version, RAHG version.

• Like 1

Stunning work as always, just a note, when adjusting the range on the M27, Hk416 D10(DEVGRU) and Hk416 D10(RAHG) the front sight post does not stay in the center of the rear peephole sight. Also on the DEVGRU the rear optic does not raise and lower only the your eye position does.

Amazing work with the 416's, would it be possible to make them usable with the RHS foregrips?

• Like 1