Seen and Heard.

Not wanting to waste a post on 3 words, media and status reports for those not on twitter-

Sg550s- 60-80% High-poly complete. Bakes within the fortnight. Then go back and do the Swiss Arms GL to go with.

HK416s- couple more extra widgets to make and we're onto UV mapping

C96- same as above TBH. replace widgets with the 712 specific features

Next recursive update : coming within the next.. 2-ish weeks? fixes OTOH include: case-sensitivity in the magswitch script (mags disappearing), RHs AK103 compat issue, universal gunshot tail volumes, and a few visual effect tweaks that I think will please all.

Oh and the public release for the FN3011(aka the "FN Sniper","the Untangling Machine") which, I think I've said several times is about the most fun I've have with a boltgun in Arma ( Someone ping Irving_mainway for some images here). Not most LETHAL, most FUN.

WIP Images

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

3B7541744C6C636427EAEA238B2EB92FCD959C7D

FEF212307DFA012F6D50A0EE905E440B1271D850

8734C612DE060D5B058A7C223E4A5322CF21D6A7

2D6977F666650A44B109CFB2C17A7C0DDE67AAF8

012BB5125D9783F35E7D5006D77C0FEFA961EF6F

One of our guys from BWRU is working to duplicate the FN brochure with some in-game shots of the rifle. Also, should have the video of Lynx receiving his gun done at some point once its edited into something watchable (i.e. not two and a half hours long).

Just to bring everybody up to speed, this weapon was created as a tribute to a good friend and virtual comrade (but not the Soviet kind) with whom my group (Blackwater Realism Unit) has played Arma 3 for years. Lynx is never the kind of guy to brag about his accomplishments or experience but he spent a few years with the Belgian Para Commandos as a Sniper and the 30-11 was his service weapon for that time. Some time ago, various unit members began asking him subtle questions about his rifle which proved to be quite helpful.

The FN 30-11 has a somewhat storied (if underappreciated) history which stretches all the way back to the founding of Fabrique Nationale, which was organized specifically to build the 1889 Mauser rifle. Over the years they began manufacturing the fabled Mauser 98 for both foreign clients as well as the Belgian military and continued to make them throughout the occupation and beyond. Post-war, the continued production shifted to the civilian sector (both hunting and target shooting) where FN Mauser actions became known as some of the finest available. Fast-forward to the 1970s when various terrorist incidents (hostage-takings and hijackings)  made things pretty apparent that a precision sniper rifle was a must have for police forces and the stage was set for the FN Sniper 30-11 to be  brought to market. Basically, FN combined one of their precision actions, an adjustable walnut stock with some other parts that were already in inventory (most notably the FN MAG 58 bipod and flash hider and magazines from the FN FAL) to create a very capable sniper weapon. Some of its bench-rest origins can be keenly felt as well, the stock is fitted with an Anshutz or UIS rail which was fitted for both the bipod and an included adjustable sling mount. Another contribution from Anshutz was the diopter sight which usually served as a backup and was adjustable for both windage and elevation.

For its time, the 30-11 was a very capable system but in many cases it was priced well outside its own market had relatively few adopters. As represented in NIArms you get three major versions, first being the standard as-issued to the Belgian military FN 30-11 with either the 4x28 FN or 4x24 Kern scope or Anshutz diopter. Next is the Modernized version which has been fitted with a MIL 1913 rail as well as the ability to equip a silencer or bi-pod of your choice (standard and Green camo finish). Finally you have the GOL / Tactical version which features a Stocon stock and McCann MIRS rail system and Harris bipod. Aside from being a bit more compact its also the most accurate variation.

The finial variation is the special rifle made for Lynx which is a take on the Modernized version. It features a nice bit of ghillie wrap along with the names of unit members who helped to make this possible. Lynx's gun is a bit of a mix, the original premise was to try to re-create his weapon, as it was equipped when he used it but in the end we decided to stray from that path and add more of the features he'd like to have in Arma (silencer capability and a MIL 1913 rail so he could use different scopes). His weapon comes equipped with a UTG bipod and a Leupold M3A 10x scope.

Finally, and I do think I have to say it again, Toadie, you've done an amazing job!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, irving_mainway said:

Finally, and I do think I have to say it again, Toadie, you've done an amazing job!

You are most certainly welcome. To be part of something that has some sentimental value like this, as well as covering a frankly WELL underrated gem, it's been a real experience.

• Like 2

Sorry if already asked but didn't find any info about bullets performance of the various weapons included in this mod...

Does exist any kind of database with these informations ?

Thanks and keep up the good work mate !!

• Like 1

hey toadie,

i'd like to rename some of the AWC Sniper Rifles (not for public, just internally for our clan).

therefor i tried to open the config.bin with arma tools so i can write a cfg patch, but it fails to open it. is there a way to open that config.bin file?

Can't find NIarsenal Complete in A3launcher.

Has there been a swap to NIarms All in One?

did anything change with

addons[] = 
        {
            "hlcweapons_core"
        };

?

Update: I see CBA got an update too, for that reason it didn't run! addons[] = stayed the same!

Hi there folks!

I had a question for @Spartan0536 for quite a while now already - never came around to ask though.
In regards to how ArmA works in terms of its calculation of ballistics, I wondered, is it really such that an AKS-74u for instance is just as precise as an RPK-74?
Is there no such possibility as to dampen a weapons precision outside of what ammunition it uses?
I am not asking in a sense of: Have you thought about that, but because I am internally devastated by these circumstances? How could BI never have implemented
any correlation between precision of given weapon (especially on full auto fire/ bursts) and barrel length/ thickness?
How come such a severe oversight? I am a bit at a loss there.

In the light of such blatant laziness, even more thanks to you fine people, for at least giving your best shot at getting it right!
Thanks a bunch, to all of you, who are behind this awe-inspiring project!

~

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alessiomoreno said:

How could BI never have implemented
any correlation between precision of given weapon (especially on full auto fire/ bursts) and barrel length/ thickness?
How come such a severe oversight? I am a bit at a loss there.

The game has a dispersion= parameter for each firemode, which determines the maximum spread angle (in radians) for bullets fired from a weapon.

It has been there for guns since OFP. The last Arma 3 patch finally added configurable dispersion for rockets as well, in fact

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Toadie,

I enjoy your Minigun very much in my ATTOW strictly private "Terminator themed" RAVAGE mission. IDK if you have already tried out the ALiVE Mod's ORBAT tool, but I have done so and built my very own Terminators faction out of your Minigun and other mods, most prominent the Crysis Suit, to build some sort of "Naked Metal" version of the T-800. Oh, and then I realized there's an actual man-portable Minigun mod available as well, so I slapped that on those guys, too! 

Would you allow me to publish this new faction (with the usual credits for your work and ofc with dependency on your mod) to SWS, thus enabling people to play my "Rise of the Machines" mission?

I do know I already asked in SWS for permission, and I hope I posted in the correct publishing thread, but in case you didn't read it yet or that the uploader  [S2] Still A Lime is not you yourself, I repost my request for permission here. 

Kind Regards

tourist

On 11/21/2017 at 11:16 PM, toadie2k said:

Can I request the wireframes for these models? Or just a few? Out of curiosity, just wondering how they look. 

Im in education for 3D modeling, just trying to learn what good highpoly models might look like.

I'm having a strange issue with the NIarms Minimi. I run a server with my group, and everyone else can join with the NIarms Minimis, but if I try to I get "wrong signature for file hlc_wp_saw" and get a boot. Server has the exact same files for that as my PC. Anyone have any ideas? o.o

14 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm having a strange issue with the NIarms Minimi. I run a server with my group, and everyone else can join with the NIarms Minimis, but if I try to I get "wrong signature for file hlc_wp_saw" and get a boot. Server has the exact same files for that as my PC. Anyone have any ideas? o.o

I suggest reinstalling, no one else is reporting that bug so it's not likely to be on our end and more likely to be an oddity of Arma.

Yeah I have done, I think I may just have to put up with people who use the minimi being bare handed bang-shouters until I can fudge it info working somehow, or an update miraculously fixes it haha. Luckily I don't go LMG gunner much. May do a total ARMA3 reinstall if I can find the effort some time, and see if that fixes it. Thanks anyway.

On 12/31/2017 at 7:06 PM, Kirby said:

Yeah I have done, I think I may just have to put up with people who use the minimi being bare handed bang-shouters until I can fudge it info working somehow, or an update miraculously fixes it haha. Luckily I don't go LMG gunner much. May do a total ARMA3 reinstall if I can find the effort some time, and see if that fixes it. Thanks anyway.

Just make sure it's going to the right folder when you install. I had something very similar going on with NIA's internal modpack for a while, it turned out the repo was dumping the updated files into a subfolder. Sometimes these unexplained errors turn out to be the simplest thing.

Thanks todie2k for the updates! Hope it sets the stage for the Sig's! 

Check the changelogs on steamworkshop.

There were some nice improvements on AR's and G3s!

Hello,

Since the last update of HLC addons, ace mod is broken.

The ace menu does not work randomly.

Impossible to open ace interaction menu

I have this error message :

22:50:26 Error in expression <onMuzzle, [currentMagazine _unit, _unit ammo _weaponMuzzle]] call Niarms_fnc_mag>
22:50:26   Error position: <ammo _weaponMuzzle]] call Niarms_fnc_mag>
22:50:26   Error ammo: Type Nombre, Chaîne attendu
22:50:26 File \hlc_core\functions\fnc_magInit.sqf [Niarms_fnc_magInit], line 15
22:50:26 Error in expression <onMuzzle, [currentMagazine _unit, _unit ammo _weaponMuzzle]] call Niarms_fnc_mag>
22:50:26   Error position: <ammo _weaponMuzzle]] call Niarms_fnc_mag>
22:50:26   Error Erreur générique dans une expression
22:50:26 File \hlc_core\functions\fnc_magInit.sqf [Niarms_fnc_magInit], line 15

Thanks for the update.

And here s feedback from me.

1. Muzzle flashes on all M14 models with 50rnd drum magazines are misaligned with the barrel.

2. After reloading M14s with X14 mag "hlc_50Rnd_762x51_B_M14" the weapons models don t change to the ones with the drum mags. (I ve already reported this issue falf a year ago).

3. Scopes mounted on Bushmaster 300 Carbine are invisible in 3rd person view.

Thanks and regards.