Oh..the rifle with the thick barrel. So, it doesn't actually take an separate suppressor-it is inbuilt?

2 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Oh..the rifle with the thick barrel. So, it doesn't actually take an separate suppressor-it is inbuilt?

exactly :f:

• Like 3

On 31/8/2017 at 1:30 PM, road runner said:

I believe that to get your "request" noticed is that you need to join Toadie's Patreon, and there you will find a list of weapons, that are prioritised by the amount of donations that weapon receives, or in your case, it's probably better to have those weapons commissioned by Toadie.

You have to bear in mind that Toadie is also working flat out on prior commissions, and weapons from the list. I believe he's working on some new HK416's commissioned by war_lord. The weapons you have requested would effectively go to the back of the queue, and be low priority, and could be months, maybe even longer away from ever being released.

Check out the link to Toadies Patreon on the first page, it might offer more guidance and information for you.

Great. Thanks for the tip.

18 hours ago, eh chaser said:

exactly :f:

While I like the gun, it is a little bit of a "mixed bag" solution. The trouble with the integral suppressor is that, off the top of my head I think the AWM-C has like a 12 or 14" barrel so there is quite a bit of sacrifice being made there if you decide / situation dictates you to load up super-sonic loads you don't have the legs the standard rifle would. All that being said I think the integrated solution is probably of better quality (both in terms of sound absorption and durability) and increased utility (i.e. putting a suppressor on the end of the standard AWM would probably give you some type of 60" monster) .

Overall though I do like it, reminds me a bit of the XM-3 short sniper rifle the Marines came up with.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Yeah, basically the same thing as a Vintorez.

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

I'm porting JSRS to work with NIARMS.  I'm well on my way to getting this done.  With regard to the P226 and variants.  I'm not having any luck de-rapyfing the P226 config,  I've tried unrap, Arma 3 tools and Eliteness with no luck.  I was hoping you guys could provide me with a config.cpp that I can use as a reference for my sound config.  

Thx in advance for your help with this,

Scott

I just downloaded your SG510. Shit, I love it. It looks totally badass and everything about it is damn cool. :eyeheart: It looks mean as hell, sounds awesome, and it's beautifully made.

7 hours ago, swtx said:

Hey Guys,

I'm porting JSRS to work with NIARMS.  I'm well on my way to getting this done.  With regard to the P226 and variants.  I'm not having any luck de-rapyfing the P226 config,  I've tried unrap, Arma 3 tools and Eliteness with no luck.  I was hoping you guys could provide me with a config.cpp that I can use as a reference for my sound config.  

Thx in advance for your help with this,

Scott

If you go to to Toadies Github ALL the source files are there, including the config.cpp's and model.cfg's. It will save you heaps of time, and they're error free.

https://github.com/toadie2k/NIArms

• Like 2

Maybe it was already mentioned but i couldnt help to notice that in Settings of Addons is "magazine switch"...does it work? ..as whne i for example now did try to load Ak74 with RPK magazine, it ididnt switched.

Guys, I don't know if this is too much to ask but, is it possible to bind BI's in-game attachments to NIA weapons? If it isn't, whether it's technical or it's something I need to be a patron to request, I'll really appreciate if any of you would quote some explanation at least. Thanks.

2 hours ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

Maybe it was already mentioned but i couldnt help to notice that in Settings of Addons is "magazine switch"...does it work? ..as whne i for example now did try to load Ak74 with RPK magazine, it ididnt switched.

Video showcasing it is in this post. It does work, the setting should be enabled by default. Video also tells you why you can disable it.

7 hours ago, Prizrak92 said:

Guys, I don't know if this is too much to ask but, is it possible to bind BI's in-game attachments to NIA weapons? If it isn't, whether it's technical or it's something I need to be a patron to request, I'll really appreciate if any of you would quote some explanation at least. Thanks.

You need to also run the CBA mod.

• Like 2

Hey. I'm trying to make a Portuguese Army mod but unfortunately i'm not good at modeling or texturing so unfortunately i can't create it on my own so i'm asking the more talented users who already created assets that the Portuguese army uses if i can use their content. From the licensing it seems we can't use your mods. Is there anyway to get permission to use them?

Hi,

is it possible that the config.bin's of the NIArms Packs are "locked" or something.

Just tried to give the G36 the Skorpion Evo hoding animation to get this "classic" G36 magwell holding...

On 20.09.2017 at 4:38 PM, Bayern_Maik said:

Hi,

is it possible that the config.bin's of the NIArms Packs are "locked" or something.

Just tried to give the G36 the Skorpion Evo hoding animation to get this "classic" G36 magwell holding...

Yes, the configs are locked You can t just simply decfgconvert them using Arma 3 tools. If You want something change better try to write replacement config using Toadie source data from github.

https://github.com/toadie2k/NIArms

Regards.  

• Like 1

Anyway because Toadie havn t supplied us with rifles with attached optics I am trying to write simple config that cobbles together M21 with Leupold scope attached to it for my custom faction using standard "LinkedItemsOptic"  function. It generally works ok except it throws magswitch.sqm error ingame and spawns without attached magazine. Any idea how to circumvent this problem?

Regards.

toadie can you please make the aug a3 stanag compatibile? just with the standard arma 3 stanag...

maybe someone have some idea of how to do this, or kind of mod/patch?

The AUG uses Steyr's own proprietary magazines that are not compatible with STANAGs. Toadie does things properly, and adding STANAG compatibility would require the receiver to be modified into a STANAG-compatible one. The effort required to make this happen well outweighs the potential benefit and it would take his effort and attention away from other projects like the SG55x and his commission projects, and if you have something you are looking forward to that is high up on the work list, then if Toadie goes to the trouble of this that will mean not only are current projects pushed back, but future ones, as well.

I want my mk16 so bad...

• Like 4

On 1/10/2017 at 9:17 PM, Hvymtal said:

The AUG uses Steyr's own proprietary magazines that are not compatible with STANAGs. Toadie does things properly, and adding STANAG compatibility would require the receiver to be modified into a STANAG-compatible one. The effort required to make this happen well outweighs the potential benefit and it would take his effort and attention away from other projects like the SG55x and his commission projects, and if you have something you are looking forward to that is high up on the work list, then if Toadie goes to the trouble of this that will mean not only are current projects pushed back, but future ones, as well.

I want my mk16 so bad...

There is actually an adapter that make stanag-steyr compatible...it's just a little coding work for a modder  like toadie.

I don't mind about the precision of 3d models i just was asking to make the A3 rifle to be stanag compatible, no more.

Making a 5,56 platform without stanag compatibility in these days mean that you have to use just this platform and

if i had the possibility to take a stanag full mag and realod my steyr mag i had no problem, but 100% realism is not always possible.

And please dont reply like this speaking for someone without his consense (you have the consense?).

44 minutes ago, Boomer814 said:

There is actually an adapter that make stanag-steyr compatible...it's just a little coding work for a modder  like toadie.

I don't mind about the precision of 3d models i just was asking to make the A3 rifle to be stanag compatible, no more.

Making a 5,56 platform without stanag compatibility in these days mean that you have to use just this platform and

if i had the possibility to take a stanag full mag and realod my steyr mag i had no problem, but 100% realism is not always possible.

And please dont reply like this speaking for someone without his consense (you have the consense?).

Well, he's still right. I guess I've been around long enough that longtime readers kinda of have a feel for my stances on things. Ayhow- If I can't do a reasonable/feasibly close-enough pass at representing something, I don't do it. I don't have a STANAG adapter mesh around, I don't REALLY have time right now to correct that AND to add to that, doing STANAG mags means tying it into the Magazine switch script AND the Barrel Change script. So for number's sakes, that's 3(barrel lengths, plus 2 to include the current A3s)x3(stock colours)x2(different physical magazines, soon to be 3) x2(A1s and A2, 3 if you also throw in the SRs) actual weapon classes that need to be created to achieve this, and maintained, AND be bug checked. So 60-ish. Granted-  some of the actual grunt work is lessened with things like hiddenselections, there's STILL a substantial gobbing amount of work there to work around one of the platform's long-standing trade-offs.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Boomer814 said:

It's not a little coding work, it's an extra 3d model. You might not care, but Toadie does, I do and I suspect most NIA fans do. The lack of stanag mag compatibility is an issue with the AUG platform, don't like it, don't use an AUG. As for speaking without consent, I have been rather inactive lately due to a return to education, if someone wants to speak for us they can speak, and if they're way off the mark they can be corrected. You're just coming in here from nowhere and being really demanding. If it's such a simple thing, and you don't mind the visuals, do it yourself. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, toadie2k said:

Well, he's still right. I guess I've been around long enough that longtime readers kinda of have a feel for my stances on things. Ayhow- If I can't do a reasonable/feasibly close-enough pass at representing something, I don't do it. I don't have a STANAG adapter mesh around, I don't REALLY have time right now to correct that AND to add to that, doing STANAG mags means tying it into the Magazine switch script AND the Barrel Change script. So for number's sakes, that's 3(barrel lengths, plus 2 to include the current A3s)x3(stock colours)x2(different physical magazines, soon to be 3) x2(A1s and A2, 3 if you also throw in the SRs) actual weapon classes that need to be created to achieve this, and maintained, AND be bug checked. So 60-ish. Granted-  some of the actual grunt work is lessened with things like hiddenselections, there's STILL a substantial gobbing amount of work there to work around one of the platform's long-standing trade-offs.

Thank you for the answer , i'm not pretending anything, i was just asking if was a possible thing to do.

Speaking about precision, as i said, it's impossible to represent the 100% of reality (i can't use single round from stanag to refill steyr for example).

In any case i got my answer, and i know you have your list of things to do, and i will not for sure ask to skip your projects for me.

Thanks a lot and good luck for your projects.

18 hours ago, war_lord said:

It's not a little coding work, it's an extra 3d model. You might not care, but Toadie does, I do and I suspect most NIA fans do. The lack of stanag mag compatibility is an issue with the AUG platform, don't like it, don't use an AUG. As for speaking without consent, I have been rather inactive lately due to a return to education, if someone wants to speak for us they can speak, and if they're way off the mark they can be corrected. You're just coming in here from nowhere and being really demanding. If it's such a simple thing, and you don't mind the visuals, do it yourself. 

Again i'm not pretending anything, i was just asking if it was a possible thing to do.

Speaking for other people is not representing the will of the interested one, if not confirmed up there, i think others are just comments, no more!

The compatibility issue is in real life is not there anymore (see steyr stanag adapter).

Compatibility trhu same caliber in different platform it's a big discussion that i don't want to start rght here.

Ah and if i wrote there without having never wrote around the forum don't mean i come from nowhere, and still if i'm a newbye don't be like this to new people on the forum.

If i had time or capacity to do it myself, i would not be here speaking to an harassing person like you.

2 minutes ago, Boomer814 said:

Again i'm not pretending anything, i was just asking if it was a possible thing to do.

Speaking for other people is not representing the will of the interested one, if not confirmed up there, i think others are just comments, no more!

The compatibility issue is in real life is not there anymore (see steyr stanag adapter).

Compatibility trhu same caliber in different platform it's a big discussion that i don't want to start rght here.

Ah and if i wrote there without having never wrote around the forum don't mean i come from nowhere, and still if i'm a newbye don't be like this to new people on the forum.

If i had time or capacity to do it myself, i would not be here speaking to an harassing person like you.

It doesn't matter what you think, you're not NIA staff, I happen to be NIA staff. If you don't want to speak to a "harassing person like me" you're free to not post in this thread, since I'm usually the one answering the questions. I'm aware that there's probably a language barrier, but I still find your attitude more then a little unpleasant, even if some of it is unintentional. Hvymtal was correct, I even said so, but you insisted on pressing the matter. Don't do that.