Regarding the new update to roll out when it's ready :wink_o:

All weapons will be getting updated with new ballistics code. The new variables will NOT be based on different barrel lengths, they will all be based on maximum effective barrel lengths for magazine interchangeability in the field, with the noted exceptions below...

Pistols - most do not have interchangeable magazines

Most Submachine Guns - most do not have interchangeable magazines (MP5's will reflect this with 9mm ammo, I have the ballistics for the different lengths, the MP5K will be getting the same ballistics as a full size MP5 however)

Light/Medium Machine Guns - Most machine guns have their own box mags that attach via a proprietary system, yes the M249 SAW can use Stanag, however it's very rare that you see that.

Sniper Weapon Systems - This is because of the same reasons as previous firearms, usually proprietary magazines, and this will also help ensure the most accurate ballistics I can provide since sniping is a precise science.

In regards to the pistols here is what I have worked on....

9x19mm Parabellum - Using ONLY US Mil Spec ammunition which includes hollow points (we use them against non-conventional forces like terrorists, Hague rules do not apply)

.357 Sig - This will NOT come with a subsonic round, as it defeats the purpose of the round, kicks like a 9mm +P+ hits as hard as a .45 ACP

.40 S&W - Great general purpose round, has supersonic and subsonic loads based off of my favorite bullets including Federal Tactical HST hollow points

.45 ACP - Using the most modern milspec production ammunition and will also feature hollow points from the civilian market

These will be the 4 "flavors" you will have the various pistols chambered in, some are great with suppressors, and some not so much *cough* *cough* .357 Sig. H&K 10mm Auto will only be featured in the H&K MP5/10.

• Like 12

I have updated my ballistic parameters for all PISTOL based HOLLOW POINTS, this is following 100% FBI spec testing protocols.

ALL available JHP/HP bullets in the coming update will be affected by these protocols, this includes both pistols and SMG's alike.

REQUIRED PERFORMANCE MANDATE

No less than 12 inches of penetration in gelatin test media (under performing)

No greater than 18 inches of penetration in gelatin test media (over penetration)

*NOTE: All tests have the gelatin in them, the bullet must pass the "barrier" and meet the test requirements within the test media. Any test outside of the bare gelatin and heavy clothing all have LIGHT clothing comprised of 1 layer of cotton t-shirt covering the gelatin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bare Gelatin - 

10% ORGANIC (porcine gelatin @ 10% concentration)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy Clothing -

4 Layers of clothing (1 layer of IBA spec heavy denim, 1 layer of Polartec 200 fleece, 1 layer of cotton dress shirt, 1 layer of cotton t-shirt)

Steel - 

20 gauge MILD STEEL (0.0375 inches / 0.9525 millimeters)

Wallboard - 

2x 0.5 inch thick gypsum board spaced 6 inches apart, total combined thickness is 1 inch of gypsum wallboard

Plywood - 

3/4 inch thick AA grade Douglas Fir plywood panel

Automotive Glass - 

Glass panel to be comprised of AS1 laminated safety glass @ 0.25 inch thickness

The following calibers have these specifications applied

9x19mm Parabellum
.357 Sig
.40 S&W
H&K 10mm Auto
.45 ACP

Please note that FULL METAL JACKET/TOTAL METAL JACKET rounds are EXCLUDED from these protocols as they will inherently over penetrate in all tests.

This does NOT mean this is how they will perform in ArmA as their material densities are different from real life plus you have to contend with the very rudimentary damage system that is in place in ArmA. These were just the guidelines I used when selecting what bullet for each caliber to ensure a loadout that would likely be used by professional units.

• Like 5

Is there a reason why the Remington ACR is a weird lime green instead of olive? Seems really bright and out of place.

Can't wait for those 226's. The pics of them on toadie's Twitter page look excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phocks7 said:

Is there a reason why the Remington ACR is a weird lime green instead of olive? Seems really bright and out of place.

Arma's lighting engine messes with shading, so it's basically a matter of extensive tweaking until it's at a point where the testers can say "eh, close enough".

Do you plan on later down the road adding a wooden furniture G3, like the Cetme 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

Do you plan on later down the road adding a wooden furniture G3, like the Cetme 

G3 with wooden furniture and proper 1990s Colt carbine with Gen 3 N1 fiberlite stock in addition to that frankencarbine with M4 stock produced post 2001 that is already included in the AR15 pack.

Ah one can dream...

• Like 1

Ok so I figure I will need to break the news to you sooner rather than later as a shock...

When revising my data for the 7.62x51mm NATO Mk319 Mod 0 (the 7.62x51mm version of the MK318 Mod 0 SOST) it seems that Crane (the developer of the round) failed to produce results and funding was terminated and the project cancelled in 2011 via SOF-SOC McDill AFB in Tampa Florida.

The data I received from a member of the US Armed Forces that did a write up on the round stated the following details about Mk 316 Mod 0...

Manufacturer: Federal Cartridge Company

Designation: MK319 Mod 0

DODIC: AB50

Caliber: 7.62mm x 51mm

Instrumental Velocity: 2,920 feet per second (ft/sec) plus or minus (+/-) 30 ft/sec @ 78 feet from the muzzle of a standard 22" 7.62mm Small Caliber Ammunition Test Procedure (SCATP) test barrel. Their goal as marked back in 2009 was 2900 ft/s from a 16 inch carbine barrel and they MASSIVELY FAILED to achieve this.

Chamber Pressure: The average chamber pressure of the sample cartridges, conditioned at 70 degrees plus or minus 5 degrees F, shall not exceed 60,000 psi.

Max. Effective Range: 600 yards (550 meters)

Maximum Range: 4,482 yards (4,098 meters) @ 30 deg. elevation

Bullet Weight: 130 grains

G1 BC = .277

LAT Accuracy Req.: The extreme spread of any individual ten-shot (10-shot) group shall not exceed 6.0 inches at 200 yards. The average extreme spread of all ten 10-shot groups shall not exceed 4.75 inches at 200 yards.

What does this mean?

Mk319 Mod 0 SOST is a total CRAP ROUND, and it failed testing for some very obvious ballistic reasons.

M80A1 EPR craps all over Mk319 Mod 0 in every single way, and not just by marginal numbers, it literally takes a steamy dump on it.

Therefore Mk319 Mod 0 WILL NOT be included in any future update for any modder, it's just such a crap round it's not even worth the selection.

• Like 7

Well it's done, I have sent of my latest batch of ballistics to the NIArms team as of this morning, it's now entirely in their hands for release.

Ballistics list includes..

9x19mm Parabellum
.357 Sig
.40 S&W
H&K 10mm Auto (SMG ONLY)
.45 ACP
5.45x39 Russian
5.56x45mm NATO
6.8x43mm SPC II (yes SPC II, better SAAMI pressures and enhanced performance over the original 6.8 SPC)
.300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm)
7.62x39mm Russian
7.62x51mm NATO
.300 Winchester Magnum (updated some values)

Please note that due to popular demand and talks with multiple developers it has been agreed that multiple barrel lengths only make ammunition sharing impossible, so outside of any documented cases all barrel lengths will be uniform to ensure magazine interoperability for field swapping.

• Like 7

Nice job Spartan. Can't wait to see how these perform once they get released/updated

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spartan0536 said:

-snip-

Thanks for all your hard work on these updated ballistics.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Thanks for all your hard work on these updated ballistics.

No problem, it's what I do, besides pester developers.....

Now if only BI would let me use if = then arguments in their code I could really get a nice project going!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueNexus said:

Hi! I saw that some of you are doing commissions. Who would I contact about commissioning a weapon system?

I am confused as to your question?

39 minutes ago, Spartan0536 said:

I am confused as to your question?

I saw some of the people working on the project say that they had been working on some commissioned weapons. Is that an NIArms thing, or just a thing on the side?

On 06/07/2017 at 8:42 PM, SuicideCommando said:

Can't wait for those 226's. The pics of them on toadie's Twitter page look excellent.

Oh, I want to see it what is the link to it?

1 hour ago, Eduardo Argimon said:

Will there be FMJ ammo for pistols? Or only hollow point?

All pistol/SMG rounds will feature Full Metal Jacket/Total Metal Jacket as well as Hollow Points and even in MOST cases (NOT ALL) Subsonic rounds comprised of Hollow Points to retain maximum effectiveness against soft targets.

.357 Sig & 10mm Auto (10mm Auto is only in the MP5A/10) will NOT have Subsonic rounds, however they do have hollow points and full metal jacket/total metal jacket rounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueNexus said:

I saw some of the people working on the project say that they had been working on some commissioned weapons. Is that an NIArms thing, or just a thing on the side?

Ah ok, those weapons are done by NIArms at their discretion, and USUALLY involve working with another mod group to produce the weapon system. If you wish to become a patreon NIArms is always welcoming of that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueNexus said:

It's an NIA arms thing, but there's a waiting list, and it's not cheap. If you want to support the project, patreon is probably better. The SIG pistols are something I commissioned.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 7:39 AM, SuicideCommando said:

I see there was a beta release there as well, plenty of variants to chose from on that too.... great job Toadie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotty_Z said:

who do you contact for commissioned work?

Myself, then I'll bring it to Toadie and come back to you with an answer.

• Like 1